Manamune!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Hugheser

11-01-2011

Would changing the 2% unique passive on this to 3% be justifiable?

It would not benefit many champs and could actually help out weaker carries like Ezreal...

Im not an Ezreal player or anything, but manamune does not seem worth investing in with other options yeilding more powerful results.

JustMyBassCannon

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-01-2011

Manamune needs a buff. It doesn't even give 50 AD for an item worth over 2k gold, I may as well buy BF Sword and boots.

The near-unlimited mana is nice, but it's not very valuable.

crzymdscntst

11-01-2011

On average I see it getting 60 AD for the user.
1k Mana (maxed out Manamune) + 350 Mana (Manamune Base mana bonus) (Any champ with mana will have at least 150 at level 1) so you can assume at least 1.5k Mana.
1.5k Mana = 30 AD
Add the base 20 AD from the item and you're at 50. Then you can apply any mana the champ gets from runes, masteries, leveling. Then, should the user have any reason to do so, on might even get a Banshee's Veil or other mana providing items.

That's over 50 AD right there, it's not for everyone, but it is good for certain champs.

Hugheser

11-01-2011

Well I just feel that champs like ezreal need a small buff to be able to compete with better ad champs, and because ezreal is a mana pig, I feel like manamune is very valuable to him.

Problems with this buff is it might make champs like urgot and yorick super powerful again

Ebonclaw

11-01-2011

It's cheap, and is in a relatively good place. I don't think the scaling, or base values should increase at all.

If anything, just allow it to fill a bit faster (though it technically is easier to fill than AA, if you upgrade your Tear early, which unfortunately many people do not, even though once you have the Tear paid for, even an unfilled Manamune provides more AD value than the cost of the upgrade.....).

VanguardGeneralZ

11-01-2011

Agreed it's weak for anyone, only mana munching fiends get it at this time.

Thepeachfuzz

11-01-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugheser View Post
Would changing the 2% unique passive on this to 3% be justifiable?

It would not benefit many champs and could actually help out weaker carries like Ezreal...

Im not an Ezreal player or anything, but manamune does not seem worth investing in with other options yeilding more powerful results.
manamune is pretty bad on ezreal, since a large portion of your gold goes into mana regeneration, which could be easily replaced with mana regen runes, thus allowing you to spend more money on more efficient items.

Kunovega

11-01-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exdeadman View Post
Manamune needs a buff. It doesn't even give 50 AD for an item worth over 2k gold, I may as well buy BF Sword and boots.

The near-unlimited mana is nice, but it's not very valuable.
what people seem to forget is that it not only gives damage bonus from the mana you farm into it, but from your own natural mana as well and it starts with 20 ad as well

i easily get 60 damage out of manamune

flat bonus: 20
bonus per 1000 mana: 20
natural mana on most champs that will use this: over 1000
potential mana gained from manamune if farmed: 1000 (capped)

20 from its flat bonus, 20 from your natural mana and 20 from its farmed potential is 60 and thats without counting if your champ has more than 1000 natural mana

the flat bonus plus your natural mana gives manamue over 40 damage, farming up manamune gives it another 20 damage potential

if your champion has a natural mana pool of more than 1000, the damage will be even higher

the bottom line is that any ad carry who is already thinking about building a mana regen item, may as well consider manamune for slot efficiency

what other viable items are there? chalice? sure its cheaper but your losing a bigger manapool and damage in this slot for the same mana regen and a tiny bit of mr

unless you go the other way and do e miracle, at least than you pick up hp regen and tenacity (and you dont have to think about merc treads... but still you skip the miracle if you actually wanted merc treads or cloak and dagger)

bottom line is most people dont do the math properly on manamune and assume its ****, its actually very cost effective and i easily get 50+ damage out of it while solving my mana problems on champs like sivir, gp, cait, etc

Kunovega

11-01-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thepeachfuzz View Post
manamune is pretty bad on ezreal, since a large portion of your gold goes into mana regeneration, which could be easily replaced with mana regen runes, thus allowing you to spend more money on more efficient items.
mana regen runes are half the regen given by manamune and you give up more valuable runes to get it

mana regen on items is easy enough to buy and pair with valuable stats

many people would rather customize completely different with runes that will have value the entire match while solving the mana problem with items

VanguardGeneralZ

11-02-2011

From manamune you get 60 AD when topped out, big wup. The other AD carries are getting things like armor pen, AS, and 55 AD (Cleaver), 100 AD and 25% LS (Stacked Thirster), and 80 AD, 25% critical chance, and 250% damage per critical strike.

Feels wimpy really. It doesn't need a price to compensate a new buff (if it shall receive one) in my opinion, because the tear requires serious farming, impossible in Dominion.