Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Every game since the patch has been 4xx-0

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

jars

11-01-2011

I have only had one blowout where I was the on the winning side out of 7? games.

Hobocop

11-01-2011

This patch changed virtually nothing about the first Windmill fight. Based on Brackhar's explanation of the respawn timer mechanics, neither team would have gained enough of a point lead by the time the first Windmill fight is over for it to start making adjustments beyond the first -2/+2.

Yet another placebo effect.

Necks

11-01-2011

Quote:
H0B0C0P:
This patch changed virtually nothing about the first Windmill fight. Based on Brackhar's explanation of the respawn timer mechanics, neither team would have gained enough of a point lead by the time the first Windmill fight is over for it to start making adjustments beyond the first -2/+2.

Yet another placebo effect.

I wonder what your invisible elo is? I've never seen you in a single match of mine.

Looking at your match history, you haven't even tested today's patch...? Lawl.

Hobocop

11-01-2011

What testing needs to be done?

My statements are based on facts from Brackhar and personal experience from previous games.

Neither team if they win or lose is going to have a point lead greater than 50 points after the first Windmill fight, which is when last patch's incarnation of the respawn adjustments would start making further adjustments past -2/+2.

The first fight at Windmill is the same as it's always been.

jars

11-01-2011

you would have a point except that was not the reasoning behind the change at all

Hobocop

11-01-2011

Doesn't matter. The reason why I said what I said was because of people believing that somehow the first Windmill fight decided more games post-patch based on the respawn adjustments, when it isn't true.

That's my only point. Everything afterwards is up in the air.

Ulstan

11-01-2011

We won the first windmill fight handily.

Then my team proceeded to go attack their bottom point when we had 3, and we wound up getting 5 capped and losing embarassingly: by 260 points.

Second game: we won the first windmill fight handily.

My team proceeded to go attack their bottom point when we had 3, got rolled, enemy took WM. We clawed our way back to 3 after defeating 3 of their guys in the jungle after they chased a bait. Our WM defender decided to push for a 4th point again, died again, they took WM again. We clawed our way back AGAIN with some good teamwork defeating them in a 3v3. Just barely did it in time - won by 80 points.

Neither of these games supports your hypothesis - however it is a small sample size and I'm willing to believe with more disciplined teams the outcome might be different. I'm only level 14 though, so I'm firmly in the 'lemming rush to their spawn point!' set of players ;(

MajorUrsa

11-01-2011

Getting 5 capped happens in almost every game. Once you give ground its much harder to take it back, with the opposing team able to ramp up faster and keep up the pressure. It can happen at the beginning, after you lose windmill or it can happen later, once their AD carry picks up mid-game and pushes you back.

Every game ends the same way, with one team up a large amount of points after a 5 point cap push. I've been on the losing side and the winning side. Its not just bad teams, its a lot of factors, from skill level to team choices now.

Either way, whatever it may be, the changes are shoring up my positive WL record real quickly.

Brightmore

11-01-2011

I think we all need to calm down and let Match Making sort itself out.

Think about it, the Rubberband mechanic effected all of our ELOs good players had their ELO slowed down because they had to fight up hill for wins, Bad players had the ELO bolstered because they got spoon fed advantage and could win games they shouldn't.

This means there has to be a few days to seperate people which I suspect is why there are so many blow outs.

Though maybe Riot wasn't wrong when they put it in the first place, perhaps their internal testing wasn't wrong.

aim1essgun

11-01-2011

So far today it's been the usual mix. 400 point blowouts as rare as ever.

Quote:
MajorUrsa:
Getting 5 capped happens in almost every game. Once you give ground its much harder to take it back, with the opposing team able to ramp up faster and keep up the pressure. It can happen at the beginning, after you lose windmill or it can happen later, once their AD carry picks up mid-game and pushes you back.

Every game ends the same way, with one team up a large amount of points after a 5 point cap push. I've been on the losing side and the winning side. Its not just bad teams, its a lot of factors, from skill level to team choices now.

Either way, whatever it may be, the changes are shoring up my positive WL record real quickly.

I almost never see 5 caps. Out of 15 dom games today I think I've seen one.

I also check gold earned after games. It is always close.