Mac LoL Beta Error 1/11/11

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

JeeRay

Junior Member

11-01-2011

Hi LoL/Riot staff & personnel,

no need for th usual introductions I am, a regular LoL player like many others. Keeping this post short and sweet, the Mac Beta has been running fine for me th past few days. However of TODAY (1 Nov 2011), after champion selection, this error occurs when th screen goes into loading screen:

['.\string_s.c' (700)]::mbstowcs_s(): ERROR-> invalid parameter! {expression = 'invalid MBS character'}

This error appears and stops all functioning LoL activity, forcing me to restart my LoL client. After relogging and reconnecting, when th screen turns black and into th loading screen th same error occurs.

I'm very sure i'm not th only one today to meet with this problem. I've google-d, searched th forums and have no received any new notifications or "complaints" about this error. I truly hope to seek a fix to this unfortunate error.

Hope to receive a reply soon. I run a Mac OSX. Thank you.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Fluxxed888

Member

11-01-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeeRay View Post
I've google-d, searched th forums and have no received any new notifications or "complaints" about this error..
http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=1433136

All mac users are having this problem


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ogmbb1234

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Member

11-01-2011

I tried to play LoL with parallels today, but the minions, champs, and some towers come up like this
http://i345.photobucket.com/albums/p362/Mingoleung/Screenshot2011-11-01at72459PM.png

any one know how to solve this?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Stoiber

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

11-01-2011

They disabled the mac client completely. At this point it doesn't look like there's going to be a fix for this one either....


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Stoiber

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

11-01-2011

The mac client has been completely disabled. It doesn't look like there's going to be a fix for this one either ... So if anyone comes up with a way to play on a mac, please share with us

double post... :/


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

bandoslord

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

11-01-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeeRay View Post
Hi LoL/Riot staff & personnel,

no need for th usual introductions I am, a regular LoL player like many others. Keeping this post short and sweet, the Mac Beta has been running fine for me th past few days. However of TODAY (1 Nov 2011), after champion selection, this error occurs when th screen goes into loading screen:

['.\string_s.c' (700)]::mbstowcs_s(): ERROR-> invalid parameter! {expression = 'invalid MBS character'}

This error appears and stops all functioning LoL activity, forcing me to restart my LoL client. After relogging and reconnecting, when th screen turns black and into th loading screen th same error occurs.

I'm very sure i'm not th only one today to meet with this problem. I've google-d, searched th forums and have no received any new notifications or "complaints" about this error. I truly hope to seek a fix to this unfortunate error.

Hope to receive a reply soon. I run a Mac OSX. Thank you.
nonononono

you've got it wrong

here, riot is a bunch of illiterates who don't give a ****

so they broke the mac client saying the spectator mode messed it up, while before they say dominion messed it up, well dominion ran fine for me. they just dont give a **** therefore i dont either whereas im taking my buisiness to hon because they do give a ****


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Commbat

Senior Member

11-01-2011

hey man voice your opinion in OccupyRiot

All players of LoL, Windows users, and fellow peers and brethren of the League of Legends tournament. I come to you today, a mac user, and a fellow brother in need of your assistance. You may not be experiencing these problems, but mac users cannot play LoL because of this last patch. We used to bypass this problem with a reprieve of using a windows launcher, but Riot has patched this. Please feel for your brothers and sisters that are mac users.. we love our community and participating in the daily killing of champions. If you can stand by us and help us get back into the commmunity it will show how strong and how amazing this gaming community really is! Help us be recognized by Riot and get us back into LoL. Support us! Occupy Riot with us and get this community back to the way it used to be. Diverse and competitive! #OccupyRiot

-Leader of the Occupy

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=1435113 is a link to show show support.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Sheeef

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Member

11-01-2011

Shouldn't your date say 11-1-11 for Nov. 11th rather than Jan. 11th? Or am I reading that wrong?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Switchsquatch

Senior Member

11-01-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheeef View Post
Shouldn't your date say 11-1-11 for Nov. 11th rather than Jan. 11th? Or am I reading that wrong?
He is European. The rest of the world puts the month in middle.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TaintedxPurity

Junior Member

11-01-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stoiber View Post
The mac client has been completely disabled. It doesn't look like there's going to be a fix for this one either ... So if anyone comes up with a way to play on a mac, please share with us

double post... :/
there is a mac version by Boompje, but currently there's an issues where (after the Shyvana patch) you can't play a match.


http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=1433136&page=9

I'm sure he's working on a solution, but you need to be patient