[Guide] Oppenheimer

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Danoz

08-15-2010

I just wanted to take a moment to thank you for composing this masterpiece. Informative and entertaining to read, it made my day when I was browsing around guides looking for a hero to purchase and play. In fact, it was a fun enough read that I skipped the "wait and try the hero free" process and dove right in with a purchase. I see that your guide already has quite a few nominations, and I'm unsure if more help or not - but I'll stop by the other thread and add a compliment there.

I'm still new to this game, and your work (along with a select few Youtubers) helped me out a lot - so thanks again and cheers.

Thth

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

08-17-2010

*blush

Frost289

09-01-2010

Thth,
I have a question concerning the latest update do you think that Heimer is no longer viable? I've been having a lot of trouble lately especially with the current metagame of one jungler/ganker. What advice would you have for heimer in the early stages of the game?
Also, would you call heimer a pure support caster now?

Thanks a lot
Frost289

Frost289

09-01-2010

Also how would you recommend getting the blue buff especially now with so many people jungling?

Icegoten

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-01-2010

Great guide. I tried it out for a couple of games and did just as well as how I used to build heimer. The main thing I like is how you don't get upgrade until level 11 and 12.

I have just been caught up in the whole "Level your ultimate everytime because it's awesome" phase forever. Skipping his ultimate for the grenades does help alot more than it would if I had the ultimate.

Thth

Recruiter

09-02-2010

@Frost289:

Heimerdinger is still viable as his ability to control space is still extremely useful in regards to baron and dragon— he just isn't as dominant in the siege meta-game anymore due to the nerfs, which his ability to control space was mainly for. He is still a caster as he always was, just not a caster that will relentlessly siege things down.

As for being ganked, just place a bunch of wards down and be timely with your flashes. As Heimerdinger, you should be rich.

For golem buff, just tell your jungler that you want golem. Most junglers would only need the first golem spawned, and should be fine afterwards.

Stillhart

09-13-2010

Well since you asked, in the abilities section you say "Turrets deal magic damage, and contrary to rumoured belief, do benefit from magic penetration."

Yet in the section below with updates, you specify:
"-Turrets’ damage benefit from ap, magic penetration, and magic resistance reduction.
-Turrets’ base statistics derive from yours upon placement except for magic penetration.
-Upgrades to ap and turret level do not affect pre-existing turrets.
-Upgrades to magic penetration do affect pre-existing turrets."

I'm a noob so I'm not sure which is correct. Very in depth guide, I'll be giving it a shot this week with Oppenheimer being free.

Thth

Recruiter

09-13-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stillhart View Post
Well since you asked, in the abilities section you say "Turrets deal magic damage, and contrary to rumoured belief, do benefit from magic penetration."

Yet in the section below with updates, you specify:
"-Turrets’ damage benefit from ap, magic penetration, and magic resistance reduction.
-Turrets’ base statistics derive from yours upon placement except for magic penetration.
-Upgrades to ap and turret level do not affect pre-existing turrets.
-Upgrades to magic penetration do affect pre-existing turrets."

I'm a noob so I'm not sure which is correct. Very in depth guide, I'll be giving it a shot this week with Oppenheimer being free.
I don't see a contradiction— could you specify what you mean?

Stillhart

09-14-2010

Wow, obviously I spent too much time staring at guides yesterday and reading contradictory comments. I thought the first line said "...contrary to rumored belief, no NOT benefit from MP". >.> Sorry about that! lol

Anyhow, I played a couple games with Heimer yesterday and it was surprisingly fun. I particularly enjoyed smacking down the other heimer in mid and then outleveling him like there's no tomorrow.

One thing I noticed right away, that I wonder if you might address, is that the towers will primary your turrets every time and their range is way outside the turret range. I ended up leaving my turrets just outside tower range to help kill the creeps quick and then I'd run up and smack the tower a few times, rinse/repeat. Not the fastest method, but it got us hitting the tower consistently.

Evolnemesis

09-14-2010

If you wait until the tower targets a creep, even better if it is a super creep or turret creep, and drop the gun in range of the tower, it can do quite a bit of damage to the tower, especially if there are no enemy minions around... If there are some enemy minions around fighting yours, you can often still position your turret so the tower is the only thing it will be able to hit, so it will focus it anyway. You can also have the turret stay around twice as long (long enough to drop another turret, i usually find) if you use your ult to save it just as it's about to die. You are giving up a turret in your line for this, but you are only doing this when you already have total superiority with minions in the area and your line turrets aren't currently hitting anything anyway, so it's not too bad.

I've also found this tactic surprisingly good at drawing out the enemy champ into a vulnerable position, as they often rush up desperately to kill it like they think it's going to one-shot their tower or something if they don't kill it in that couple of seconds before their tower kills it anyway.