Tyrram, The Bulwark of Sacrifice

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Koraq

10-31-2011

As a part of my application for the Creative Designer position with RIOT, I submitted with my resume a document containing five champion concepts. However, I've decided that in addition to submitting those five, I will be creating new concepts and posting them here in this thread along with the original five champions.

Tyrram, the Bulwark of Sacrifice
Tank, Support

P - Battle Hardened
For every 3% health Tyrram is missing, he takes 1% less damage.

Q - Pacifying Blow
Cost: 4% Current Health
7/7/6/6/5 Second Cooldown
Tyrram hammers the enemy with his shield, dealing 70/105/140/175/210(+0.6 AP) magic damage and reducing damage dealt by 15/20/25/30/35% for 2.5 seconds.

W - Entwined Lifelines
Cost: 6% Current Health
14 Second Cooldown
600 Cast Range
1100 Tether Range

Tyrram creates a bond between him and his target, twisting their lifelines together for 3/4/5/6/7 seconds.
Ally - Tyrram recieves 24/28/32/36/40% of all damage dealt to target ally. Damage Tyrram takes is reduced by 1% every 20 AP he has.
Enemy - 12/14/16/18/20% of all damage Tyrram recieves is dealt to target enemy. Damage transferred to the enemy is increased by 1% every 40 AP he has.

E - Concussive Bellow
Cost: 4% Current Health
18/17/16/15/14 Second Cooldown
Tyrram lets out a terrifying war cry, knocking back enemies a short distance and dealing 85/120/155/190/225+(AP*0.5) magic damage. Enemies are slowed by 20/25/30/35/40% for 2.5 seconds.

R - Final Stand
Cost: None
180/150/120 Second Cooldown
550 Radius
Tyrram pushes his body past the limit of death, draining his own life force to bolster his allies and drag his enemies with him to the grave.
Tyrram restores 5/10/15% (+1% per 40AP) of his health and begins channeling for 2.5 seconds, restoring up to an additional 10/20/30% (+1% per 20 AP) of his total health.
At the end of the channel, Tyrram begins to lose 5% of his total health every second, dealing damage to enemies and healing allies in an area around him. Enemies take 50% of the health lost this way in damage and allies are healed for 20% of the health lost this way. This effect ends after 15 seconds or when Tyrram drops below 15% of his total health. If Tyrram is above 15% health at the end of this effect, he is reduced to 15% health.

520 base Health (+85 per level) (2050 @ 18)
9.4 base Health Regen (+.78 per level) (23.44 @ 18)

52 base Damage (+2.5 per level) (97 @ 18)
.625 base Attack Speed (+.018 per level) (.949 @ 18)

15 base Armor (+3.3 per level) (75 @ 18)
30 base Magic Resist (+1.15 per level) (50.7 @ 18)

315 base Movement Speed
125 base Range

Tyrram is designed to control a fight without the use of repeated use of hard CC. He has an interrupt designed more for interrupting channels built into Concussive Bellow, but his bread and butter skills are his Pacifying Blow and Sacrificial Binding. The primary weaknesses of his kit lay in his kiteability due to a very low uptime slow and no hard CC, the importance of proper use of Sacrificial Bindings which has a fairly heavy penalty for misuse in the form of a long cooldown, and the penalty on his ult makes it incredibly dangerous to use but incredibly potent if used correctly.

Pacifying Blow and Sacrificial Binding make him absolutely hellish in small scale skirmishes. It is near impossible to solo Tyrram, but he also brings little in the way of damage, so avoiding fights with Tyrram is both simple and highly recommended. His ultimate makes him a major threat in teamfights; if the channel is not interrupted, it almost becomes mandatory to disengage and wait out his ultimate or to turn and put a full burn of DPS into Tyrram to end the ultimate prematurely.

Pacifying Blow becomes extremely problematic if consistently reapplied, making it crucial to kite and/or CC Tyrram.

Sacrificial Binding will most often be used as a damage prevention tool for Tyrram’s allies, to help his squishier allies survive focus fire and assassin bursts a little longer. The offensive side comes into play when Tyrram comes under fire, such as after activating his ultimate, allowing him to punish the enemy team by dragging down one of their allies with him.

Concussive Bellow is fairly handy for a quick shut down of enemy skills, but is more importantly used as an interrupt to enemy channels. It can also be used situationally for a quick clutch slow to help a struggling ally flee from an assailant.

Tyrram’s ultimate is designed be incredibly potent if not dealt with properly, and is a devastating counter-initiation tool. It can be interrupted and Tyrram focused for a quick, easy kill; Tyrram can be pushed/pulled out of the fight by Tristana/Lee Sin/Blitzcrank (although CC would most likely need to be used in conjunction with this to prevent him from simply walking back into the fray); or his ultimate can be baited into being used prematurely, leaving Tyrram and his team extremely vulnerable to being initiated on.

Tyrram’s kit is purposefully designed with heavy tradeoffs, making him a higher-risk for higher-reward character. The costs on his skills will eventually leave him vulnerable if Tyrram isn’t mindful of his health. He was also designed to have multiple build paths, scaling directly with AP and Health, and having cooldowns that line up relatively well with 40% CDR. While his passive helps mitigate damage, it is intended to improve upon the effects of MR and AR, not replace them.

Koraq

10-31-2011

Saved for lore when I make some.

Change Log

Pacifying Blow:
-Removed Silence
-Gave base damage values (70/105/145/180/215)
-Gave AP Ratio (0.4)

Entwined Lifelines:
-Introduced damage reduction ratio (5% per 100 AP)
-Introduced damage transfer ratio (2.5% per 100 AP)

Concussive Bellow:
-Removed stun component from short range effect.
-Introduced knockback component to short range effect.
-Introduced slow component to short range effect.

Final Stand:
-Reduced base vales from 10/20/30% initial and 15/25/35% channeled heals to 5/10/15 initial and 10/20/30 channeled.
-Introduces AP ratios on initial heal (2.5% per 100 AP) and channeled heal (5% per 100 AP).
-Increased channel time from 2 seconds to 2.5 seconds.
-Limited aura effect to 15 seconds.
-Cut off increased from 5% health to 15% health.
-Reduced healing component to 20% from 50%.
-Forced Tyrram to be reduced to 15% total health at the end of the aura's effect if healing or regen prevented him from reaching total 15% health.

Masterlord 7

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-31-2011

with 2 silents (for a total of 4.5 secs of silent), and a very powerful w, and an op R, he just sounds OP,
he can be build because of his r, just flat HP, and use that ult and just murder them,
or AP because of w or tank because of this cc and his w and his passive, or ad with his passive making him a pseudo tryn or olaf, to me he just sounds OP, with all 4 of his abilities doing some sort of cc, with leona having the most is 3(4), with 2 stuns, a slow, and immobile,

hes really OP, even with the %hp costs, just building straight HP, will kill squishys around him, and with 5 warmor, and boots of speed, unless they focus him, they r going to get killed by his r, and if their ap carry is trying to kill him or slow him he can silent him(her) and continue to the ad carry

Koraq

10-31-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Masterlord 7 View Post
with 2 silents (for a total of 4.5 secs of silent), and a very powerful w, and an op R, he just sounds OP,
he can be build because of his r, just flat HP, and use that ult and just murder them,
or AP because of w or tank because of this cc and his w and his passive, or ad with his passive making him a pseudo tryn or olaf, to me he just sounds OP, with all 4 of his abilities doing some sort of cc, with leona having the most is 3(4), with 2 stuns, a slow, and immobile,

hes really OP, even with the %hp costs, just building straight HP, will kill squishys around him, and with 5 warmor, and boots of speed, unless they focus him, they r going to get killed by his r, and if their ap carry is trying to kill him or slow him he can silent him(her) and continue to the ad carry
4.5 seconds of silence is too much.
I forgot about the silence on Q when I remade E. I'll just remove the silence on Q and make it a flat damage reduction skill. 4.5 seconds IS too much.

W is overpowered.
It really isn't an overpowered ability; it's 20% of the damage you actually deal, unlike Thornmail which deals the damage before armor is applied. This damage you take back is also reduced by your own MR. Worst case scenario is that you're an AoE AP burst caster, who will be forced to counter with:
Waiting out the duration.
Building more MR/health.
Requesting shields/heals from supports/tanks.

If the enemy needs to burst down a dangerous ally of Tyrram, then they can either CC Tyrram, CC the target while he's guarded and swap targets, or burn through the reduction.

Also worth noting is that the damage reduction is multiplicative with resistances, not additive. I'll probably reduce the base values and add ratios though, depending on feedback.

His passive makes him a pseudo Olaf/Tryndamere if he builds AD.

Hardly. It's ~16% damage reduction at 50% health, and ~32% at 1hp. Poppy's, for comparison, reduces all damage by 50% if it would do more than 50% of her current health in damage.

He has no steroids to increase damage he deals, so AD would be nothing more than a troll build. (See Crittlesticks).

Build 5 Warmog's and boots of speed and you can press R and win the game.

This build requires 15,000 gold. ~50 champion kills or ~300 creeps. Or, 25 champions and 150 creeps. TL;DR you need to be stupid fed.

Madred's Bloodrazors and Deathfire Grasp.

Would give Tyrram 8900 health. This would deal 222 damage per second. If you stand in the ult for the full 20 seconds (assuming you deal no damage to him, nor walk out of the ult) he would deal 4450 damage in 20 seconds.

With 200AP, Fiddlesticks ult deals 2075 in 5 seconds.

Masterlord 7

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-31-2011

you were right for most of them(lol) but i was just doing rough mental math and throwing out ideas and options, but you with the warmog, it would be 7100, and he will be doing 355 per sec of AOE healing and damaging, thats is OP, hes the tank that u got to focus or all the damage you do unless you do burst on 1 target, will just be heal while u are losing hp all while

ps plus he has a 73.44 hp regen with that build
basically he can be build just HP tank

did math for damage it would be 7100 = to what he has + he has a 45/55/65 % heal to go with it

PPS can he turn off his R at any time?

PPPS
help me with my champion concept?

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=1406686

Koraq

10-31-2011

Quote:
you were right for most of them(lol) but i was just doing rough mental math and throwing out ideas and options, but you with the warmog, it would be 7100, and he will be doing 355 per sec of AOE healing and damaging, thats is OP, hes the tank that u got to focus or all the damage you do unless you do burst on 1 target, will just be heal while u are losing hp all while

ps plus he has a 73.44 hp regen with that build
basically he can be build just HP tank

did math for damage it would be 7100 = to what he has + he has a 45/55/65 % heal to go with it

PPS can he turn off his R at any time?

PPPS
help me with my champion concept?

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=1406686
Half the health lost is converted to damage, not all of it. I'm going to reduce the healing component too, because damage is mitigated by MR: Healing is not.

The heal is counterbalanced by the fact that it guarantees he will drop below 15% health.

The ultimate cannot be turned off once activated. I don't want it to be used as a heal for himself and then just turned off; the entirety of his kit is built around martyrdom.

I'll check your champion out for sure.

Masterlord 7

10-31-2011

ahh, R is sounding more balanced but reaching UP, (in small battles) but its balanced for team fights (5on5) for 250% for damage(with zero MR) and 80% healing (if u hit everyone) and nice job working on it, sounds like hes getting to the point whree he tanks damage in the begining runs off, uses r, comes back yelling he head off while he heals the team + tries to catch them and kill them (Rylai's Crystal Scepter will be very scary on him) and finish the job

ps how about adding 50% healing of what he heals the team to his ult, that would make it more useful, so at most hes getting heal 40% of what hes losing, and doing hes job of tank(hp, tank, dps, ap, ad(dont know y ad))

pps the flat% hp cost seem a little high for early, mid, and maybe late,
20.8 hp per use of the .04 and 31.2 for .06 at lvl 1, seem a little high with morde being 14 for creeping death at lvl 1 i think,(cant remeber havent played him a long time)

Koraq

10-31-2011

Quote:
ahh, R is sounding more balanced but reaching UP, (in small battles) but its balanced for team fights (5on5) for 250% for damage(with zero MR) and 80% healing (if u hit everyone) and nice job working on it, sounds like hes getting to the point whree he tanks damage in the begining runs off, uses r, comes back yelling he head off while he heals the team + tries to catch them and kill them (Rylai's Crystal Scepter will be very scary on him) and finish the job

ps how about adding 50% healing of what he heals the team to his ult, that would make it more useful, so at most hes getting heal 40% of what hes losing, and doing hes job of tank(hp, tank, dps, ap, ad(dont know y ad))

pps the flat% hp cost seem a little high for early, mid, and maybe late,
20.8 hp per use of the .04 and 31.2 for .06 at lvl 1, seem a little high with morde being 14 for creeping death at lvl 1 i think,(cant remeber havent played him a long time)
Q and W make Tyrram an extremely dangerous duelist, and in small scale fights of 2v2 / 2v3 / 3v3, he's extremely potent still. His ult isn't meant to be as effective in these smaller battles because of how powerful the rest of his kit is in those scenarios.

I'll avoid letting the ult heal Tyrram, as I purposefully made it a very dangerous tool with a high learning curve and high skill cap. I don't want it to be 'safe' to use his ult; I initially wanted it to reduce him to 1 hit point, but though that'd be a little too severe.

I based the percentages off of Mordekaiser actually, who has ~24 on all of his abilities. I used % instead of flat though, so that the costs are still meaningful at high levels. His regen is relatively high (I believe only Leona would have more HP5).

Also worth noting is that his armor scaling is about that of a caster (His base and per level is only just above Soraka/Karthus/etc) and his MR, while standard base at 30, has a per level increase lower than most other champs. I do this on purpose to balance out the effects of his passive.

mazzadawizzed

11-01-2011

Cool and unique concept. But his passive is way op. 30% less damage when he is missing 90% of his hp? thats a little much, especially considering what his ult does. Also, he would be very confusing for newer players to understand.

Koraq

11-01-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by mazzadawizzed View Post
Cool and unique concept. But his passive is way op. 30% less damage when he is missing 90% of his hp? thats a little much, especially considering what his ult does. Also, he would be very confusing for newer players to understand.
At 10% health with 4k maximum hp, he'd have 400 hit points. With an EXTREMELY HP heavy build, giving him 6k - 7k hp, that's till 600-700hp at 10%.

His passive isn't designed to replace MR and Armor or to make him some immovable God of damage soaking; it's designed to supplement his resistances so he can focus more on HP, and either CDR or AP, or balancing mix of the two. (I might have to tweak with AP ratios a little to increase the reward of an AP build path over a CDR heavy build. I like creating options.)

And I think that with obvious enough graphical announcements of his abilities, he'd be simple enough to get a handle of.

Shy (new release) and Karma are both about on par in terms of complexity and skill variation, I'd say.