[request] how to jungle

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Morbis

09-26-2009

I'm looking for general guide about jungleing. would be much appreciated.

davemaister

09-26-2009

Jungling is simply killing creeps unlike in dota that i dont think it deserves a full guide about it ill give tips about it instead.

1) Jungling heroes- Warwick,Amumu,Malphite are just examples any heroes that can kill the neutral buffers at lvl 1without any need to go back to base are viable junglers.
2)Runes- this would depend on hero normally i have a basic Deso/Evade/Clarity page that i use for any jungler works pretty nice for me but for fiddle ability power would be better
3)Mastery/spells- your main focus is to at least have Awareness lvl 4 utility mastery at lvl 1, lvl 2 would be better because it will allow you to keep the buff longer and lvl faster. Smite is a must you take pretty much half the big ones hp with it 2nd spell is your choice.
4)Items- if your not using warwick you need pots simple as that
5)Best spots to start jungling is on the other side making a diagonal U pattern
6)Kill the buffing neutrals first preferrably golem this will allow you to spam skills
7)Dont just wait in the neutral spot in beginning of game try to have you and your team defend or scout the neutral spots you picked
8)You are the most hidden player in your team if you jungle that means your the one who will call ganks
9)If you see a jungler in the other team lineup have your team gank him or at least half of your team do so.

Yeorwned

09-26-2009

What alot of people screw up on jungling is the fact they don't go by the mob levels. The size of the cross-bones on the minimap mark the difficulty. Avoid the mid-higher level creeps while you are low level since they are a timesink and health drain.

Resilient

09-26-2009

With Amumu my tactic is this:

Setup: Defensive talents and heal/teleport for spells

1 Get Dorians Shield and one health potion to start.
2 Kill the golem to get mana buff (use potion to do this and heal spell)
3 Kill creeps on same side as golem (wolf/giants depending on spawn)
4 Kill ghosts
5 Kill easy creeps on ghost side (wolf/giants depending on spawn)
6 Port back, heal, get boots
7 Teleport to a place close to lizards, kill lizards
8 Kill golem on enemy side of map because mana buff runs out right now
9 Kill easy creeps on friendly golem side
10 Kill ghosts
11 Kill easy creeps on ghost side
12 And now the jungle experience is done for awhile because there is nothing left to kill, so I lane for awhile
13 Ding level 6, kill dragon

At this point things are usually interesting enough to start ganking and forget about the jungle for the most part.

Points to remember:
-Get the buffs, for Amumu, the mana buff is of absolute importance, almost like the vadka...

-Remember the times for your particular pattern when things re-spawn. I know the friendly golem re-spawns at the 7-8 min mark.

-Players are worth more than monsters, kill players when the opportunity presents itself.

-Killing the dragon helps everyone on your team, kill the dragon whenever you get the chance

-Remember your pattern and make note of how much life and mana you need for each group of creeps so that when things don't all go according to plan, you know if you can take those two giants before you pick the fight. (For example, I know I need 130 health and enough mana to cast tantrum twice to take the ghosts, I am usually very close to this if i was unlucky and the giants spawned on the golem side)

-The golem gives a buff that decreases cool down and increases mana regen greatly. The lizards buff increases physical attack (?) and makes your physical attacks slow the enemy.

-Don't try to jungle if someone else already is.

-Teemo's mushrooms will fu@k you up and you will learn to hate them but there is not much you can do about that other than to curse at him in the all chat.

Thats all I got.

DasiNF

09-27-2009

I have a follow up question: how and where to learn jungling? At this point I'm fairly proficient with line survivability and feel like I can really benefit the team in harder situations but I have never ever ever jungled -> I suck at it. While I'd like to learn how to do it I'm destined to fail a lot and thus not be a valuable asset to my team compared to my matchmaking skill level. This usually results in excessive flaming and ruins my personal mood to play LoL for a few days. Suggestions?

Thanks for the earlier tips, they are really helpful!

WesleyC

09-27-2009

For most champs, getting the mana-golem buff increases your jungling efficiency by a lot. LoL is a team game so the most important jungling tip is to get a ranged hero from the mid to help you kill the golem as soon as it spawns. Some heroes have the range to attack it from over the trees so they can still get back to the middle lane for the first creep wave.

Baulien

09-27-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by DasiNF View Post
I have a follow up question: how and where to learn jungling? At this point I'm fairly proficient with line survivability and feel like I can really benefit the team in harder situations but I have never ever ever jungled -> I suck at it. While I'd like to learn how to do it I'm destined to fail a lot and thus not be a valuable asset to my team compared to my matchmaking skill level. This usually results in excessive flaming and ruins my personal mood to play LoL for a few days. Suggestions?

Thanks for the earlier tips, they are really helpful!
I would suggest setting up your build (runes+masteries) then starting up a solo practice game and do a few run-throughs of the jungle camps. Leave game after 5 minutes, rebuild, repeat. Then try it in a live practice game. The hardest part is just making sure you can get that first camp of mobs at level 1.

PiousFlea

The Council

09-27-2009

How to jungle depends entirely on which champion you choose.

Currently, Malphite, Amumu, Warwick, and Fiddlesticks are top tier junglers. Other champions may be able to jungle but it will take a lot more effort.

Edit: Yi is good too.

Almost everyone who jungles will go Smite to increase jungling speed. Some champions can still jungle without Smite but they will take somewhat longer and may fall behind in levels.

looney

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-27-2009

I tried some jungle today.
So basically I am using the elexir of fortitude+potions and smite/heal/rally.
I've been doing very good with some heroes I never thought they could jungle: for example Rammus, Evelynn, I was playing practice game with bots and got pretty decent amount of money and experience 1 lvl above the 2 lanes.

By the way if you make a practice game with teams you against nobody and you leave it won't make you reconnect?

Candesce

09-27-2009

If it does make you reconnect, if nobody else is in the game, it's a bug.