Will these laptops play LoL?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

JGLafter

06-22-2010

I'm a bit confused with video cards and stuff but anyway, which of these (one or multiple) laptops meet the minimum (and recommended) requirements?

Laptop #1

PROCESSOR* AMD Athlon™ II Neo Dual-Core Processor K325

OPERATING SYSTEM* Genuine Windows 7 Home Premium (64-bit)

GRAPHICS ENGINE* ATI® Mobility Radeon™ HD 4225

GRAPHICS MEMORY* 256MB-1405MB dynamically allocated shared graphics memory

MEMORY* 3GB DDR3 memory

HARD DRIVE* 320GB HDD (5400rpm)

Laptop #2

Intel® Pentium™ Dual Core T4400 (2.2GHz/800Mhz FSB/1MB cache)

Genuine Windows® 7 Home Premium, 64bit, English

4GB1 Shared Dual Channel DDR2 at 800MHz

500GB2 SATA Hard Drive (5400RPM)

Intel Graphics Media Accelerator 4500MHD

Intel® Pentium™ Dual Core T4400 (2.2GHz/800Mhz FSB/1MB cache)

Laptop #3

Processor Intel® Celeron® Processor 7431 (1.3GHz, 800MHz FSB, 1MBL2 Cache)

Operating System Genuine Windows® 7 Home Premium

Memory 2048MB DDR2 Dual-Channel 667MHz Memory

Hard Drive 250GB 5400 RPM SATA hard drive

Chassis Chassis with Intel® Graphics Media Accelerator 4500MHD and Mobile Intel® GS45 Express Chipset

Thanks!

havokgs

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-23-2010

I'd stay away from #1 and #3. I've played LOL on a machine close to the specs of #2, but you have to have all the video settings on low. The 1st laptop is amd's equiv to an atom processor, and will be slow as hell. The 3rd one will be too slow if its a single core celeron. #2 is really the only one you could play on low settings without lagging to much.

DreamsArchitect

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-23-2010

I would suggest you stay away from all of the above. None of them are really good gaming laptops, and the integrated video cards on #2 and #3 are .. well.. very poor. You might be surprised on how good that AMD really is. My opinion, if you only have the above options, go for no.1. It has a relatively decent video card and will help you more.
The Intel Core Duo (not 2) is also quite old. Try to get a core 2 duo or the new I generation. (i3,i5,i7)
Then again, the above AMD runs at 1.3 GHz and that is a little bit low also.
(I play LOL on the following spec'd laptop, 1440*900 everything max : Intel Core 2 duo, 2.2 Ghz, 4 GB Ram, NVidia 9600GT 512 vram dedicated)

Just try to get a decent, older, gaming laptop. Will only give one example, with no intention of promoting it : MSI Gaming Serioes (GX701.. etc) or any from DELL (but they are more expensive). Basically anything with more than 3gb ram, a dual core cpu (Intel to be preferred) and a good video card (Try to get one from Nvidia for the integrated physx 9*** or the 5*** series from ATI for the lovely directx11 compatibility)