Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Why dont we have shyvana?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Valcarion

10-31-2011

If we are supposed to bug fix or bug test why dont we have the champion that is comming out soon so we can find out any bugs to assist the Lol gameplay?

James A McAvoy

10-31-2011

The reason we do not get to test the champions before they are released is because those are always tested and being changed on an hourly basis up till release. As part of the pbe we get to test things that are a possible game breaking like spectator mode. we might get to test the new items they think of, but it is unlikely we would ever get to test champions.

Mettalknight

Recruiter

10-31-2011

Acetaminophen:

"We currently want PBE to be a place where we can implement new features and make sure all the bugs associated with it to be reported and fixed before we take it live. This is much more important than testing balance, as having major bugs are very toxic to a player's experience because they might not be able to play altogether. For example, the FPS issue that everyone here helped identify by sending in their logs is much more vital than any small tweaks to a champion."

(link: http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?p=16452672#post16452672)

Basicly your not going to test new champions on pbe.

-Mettalknight

CooLTanG

Recruiter

10-31-2011

This is not the PTR, if it was then maybe we'd test balance issues and champs and etc. Which I was in at one point in LoL, but I didn't make myself an active role on their forums so they kicked a few of us off there.

SG15

11-01-2011

Quote:
CooLTanG:
This is not the PTR, if it was then maybe we'd test balance issues and champs and etc. Which I was in at one point in LoL, but I didn't make myself an active role on their forums so they kicked a few of us off there.

The PBE is for testing stuff which isn't released on the normal servers. So yes, sometimes we can test a champ before he is released. This was confirmed by ZenonTheStoic.

Iniquitee

Technical Production Coordinator

11-01-2011

The Shyvana patch will be deployed to the PBE tomorrow. Around the same time, we will also need some extra eyes on a special use case of Spectator that has been causing some weirdness!

Pentarctagon

11-01-2011

this case being...?

IS16e7c68f67142a

11-01-2011

Quote:
Iniquitee:
The Shyvana patch will be deployed to the PBE tomorrow. Around the same time, we will also need some extra eyes on a special use case of Spectator that has been causing some weirdness!

Do you have an approximate time? I'd like to be around for this

Elo Tartarus

Recruiter

11-01-2011

Quote:
Iniquitee:

Thanks for the info Ini!

Elo Tartarus

Recruiter

11-01-2011

Quote:
Mettalknight:
Acetaminophen:

"We currently want PBE to be a place where we can implement new features and make sure all the bugs associated with it to be reported and fixed before we take it live. This is much more important than testing balance, as having major bugs are very toxic to a player's experience because they might not be able to play altogether. For example, the FPS issue that everyone here helped identify by sending in their logs is much more vital than any small tweaks to a champion."

(link: http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?p=16452672#post16452672)

Basicly your not going to test new champions on pbe.

-Mettalknight

We tested Xerath... I thought he was tested here and someone went to the GD forum saying how OP his passive his. I might be mistaken though...