Dear Riot, Tell WCG to get it together or pull your game.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Nastyauntjil

Recruiter

10-31-2011

Riot has no control over a third party tournament, this has been stated. Maybe you should. If an organization as large and well known as WCG can't handle running a tournament of your game in a manner befitting your product, then make it your business. I understand that WCG represents a large business opportunity, but the manner in which this issue has been handled is anything but professional. I only suggest that in future dealings, Riot make it a point to review rules of the major tournaments in which their game will be played and possibly require some sort of influence in decisions and ruling made concerning LOL. WCG and other organizers may not like it, but LOL is popular enough that they won't have a choice. I hope all parties involved learn from this and can move forward to better this game that we all love.

Uhmuricuh

10-31-2011

Very well stated imo

Rhyick

10-31-2011

With Matt Marcou at the head, do you really want Riot to have more influence in tournament decisions?

DireRaven

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-31-2011

I agree, the buck stops with Riot, they should ensure that their game is not in the hands of incompetent organizations.

Leonson

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-31-2011

Sadly, name brand tournaments tend to have most of the power in these relationships.

Remember that HoN was bucking to get on WCG's list as well.

Nastyauntjil

Recruiter

10-31-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leonson View Post
Sadly, name brand tournaments tend to have most of the power in these relationships.

Remember that HoN was bucking to get on WCG's list as well.
The difference between HoN and LoL is that LoL is much more popular and has far surpassed HoN on the Esports scene. Riot has much more leverage with LoL than HoN does. The fact that WCG chose LoL over HoN shows this.