POST to change SOLO RANKED ELO ratings criteria

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Eviant

11-03-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by icandividebyzero View Post
Stupid. It's a team game. Thus solo que is meant to be imbalanced. Play a lot, duo que, get good and you'll eventually raise your ELO.
Doesn't work like this man. We still have 3 people to screw it up for us, and by golly, if there is a way, there is a will -_-

Eviant

11-03-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathzwei View Post
Nah, it's KDA, kills/deaths/assists, not just kills, pal. It represents how good you are in teamfights, ganks and so on... That has always been LOL's ideals, actions and decisions in a game.

Also, I always wish I could gank and carry effectively at the same time. Few champs can do such thing. Either they are good at ganking or carrying. Unless you're super fed and farmed, oh well...
And it's just about knowing your character. MF mid for example, Not the greatest ganker, but **** good carry.

Run to bot or top lane when it's pushed, use MiR On the bushes you know they are going to run to and drop your ult. If they run back, they run into your team. If they run forward, it's through your MiR and Ult, letting you clean up after.

That's a strong gank, and while it needs a little more positioning, it gives the greatest chance for success. Almost as much as if Leblanc herself had ganked.

Edit: All in all, it just means you have to learn your characters better, and find the situations that each character appeals too. That's the best way to ensure your ganks work better.
EI: Akali and Leblanc are stronger Divers, allowing you to go gank lanes that are pushed hard, while Brand or MF might do better ganking Bot, who is pushed into their tower.

Deathzwei

11-04-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eviant View Post
And it's just about knowing your character. MF mid for example, Not the greatest ganker, but **** good carry.

Run to bot or top lane when it's pushed, use MiR On the bushes you know they are going to run to and drop your ult. If they run back, they run into your team. If they run forward, it's through your MiR and Ult, letting you clean up after.

That's a strong gank, and while it needs a little more positioning, it gives the greatest chance for success. Almost as much as if Leblanc herself had ganked.

Edit: All in all, it just means you have to learn your characters better, and find the situations that each character appeals too. That's the best way to ensure your ganks work better.
EI: Akali and Leblanc are stronger Divers, allowing you to go gank lanes that are pushed hard, while Brand or MF might do better ganking Bot, who is pushed into their tower.
You have good points, but in my opinions, Akali and LeBlanc maybe both good carry and assassins at the same time, they suck at teamfights due to lack of AOE or serious CC. Both of them can also be easily shut down with stuns. Another alternative is Katarina, which is my most favorite assassin who is very useful in teamfights, but again, she is also easily shut down if your team fed the other team.

I have 6 champs ready for most blind picks, Galio, Anivia, Katarina, Xin Zhao, Caitlyn and Janna, with 6 different rune books for them. I understand very well their limitations. However, if "my team" doesn't understand their champions' limitations, .... oh well. Hell, who'd expect a solo Morg top to get 0/6/0 against Talon, you just have to stay away from his range right? Who'd expect Leona and Mf to lose against Akali in solo lane?

Nice post though. However, I hope I can change everyone's opinions about solo ranked games. Don't let NOOBs ruin the ranked ladder.

Deathzwei

11-04-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eviant View Post
They decide who the are going to be so that their team doesn't ban them, and so that they can plan some form of strategy, which can be used to help play the bans in your favor. one example is not banning Amumu, who some people would absolutely swear that you ban. Then your opponents waste a ban on them. Or being the second to ban, and they ban singed. So you decide that one of you guys can play Amumu, another can play Morg, and the guy banning has both. Then you ban two others, and make them choose which one they don't want to face. There is strategy in the draft picks and bans. Learn it and use it.
You have very valid points (+1). I remember these points from high level players from premade ranked videos and also from tournaments. However, this is madness, this is ... solo ranked...!!!!

Haha, speaking about banning, I always find it funny for people to ban certain champs like Singed or Akali or Talon. Agreed that those champions are extremely dangerous given the right opportunity (hell, I must say that every champion can be dangerous given the right opportunity and right hand).

Again, people need to learn how to counter those champs. For example, laning against Malzahar, I believe that the tricks of Malz's E are already obvious to most people by now, don't freaking stand near dead creeps or don't get near him with 1/2 hp. You see, it's a very simple "know-how". Yeah, but against Singed, people keep chasing him and get killed. Against Akali or Talon, people keep staying at 1/2 hp, despite me pinging to go back : "He's going to kill you", and ... "dominating" . Aw come on.

And of course, since it's solo queue, I'm not going to be the one banning, most of the time. Banning Morgana, Galio, Annie or some dangerous champions is always good. But again, I don't really think that is going to change the outcome of the game by an inch, not to mention how would you expect to convince the person who will do the banning...

Again, nice points and nice post.

Alta´r Ibn Lahad

11-04-2011

Then riot? the people's voice is the voice of God and you know it

Deathzwei

11-05-2011

Quote from no one : "We are rioting, RIOTS".

Deathzwei

11-06-2011

Keeping voting, guys.

I Am ReVerT

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-06-2011

I completetly agreee change this **** riot

frylock904

11-07-2011

bump

DevilMayFriki

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-07-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathzwei View Post
2 - Ban those with "EXCESSIVE" horrible/terrible/unacceptable/[add any swearing you can thing of here]. This happens in ranked. I don't have the statistics here, but I personally think that 0/6 at 6 minutes, 1/10 at 15 minutes mid lanes, etc... "should not" play ranked games.
INK.
I agree with that one... players who had a 1/10 at 10-15 mins shouldnt play ranked