Regarding the WCG Qualifiers

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Vorkon

10-31-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by ifurkend View Post
Disqualify Jatt and Dignitas and let CDE goes to Korean. Plain and simple.

I like how the downvotes keep growing like the stock market index.
I have a downvote machine that's been hammering on this thread for the last hour

dedfk12

10-31-2011

nice keep it up

Niaebii

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-31-2011

RiotMarcou, in your announcement this year, you said single elimination until the top eight teams without mentioning that the winners in the upper bracket of the finals have a 1-0 lead

Quote:
<a href="http://na.leagueoflegends.com/news/wcg-usa-qualifiers-announced"></a>
"Single elimination for preliminary rounds; Double elimination for top eight teams"
However, last year you've stated that the upper brackets hold a 1-0 game advantage (one game and one set advantage)
Quote:
http://na.leagueoflegends.com/news/w...and-game-rules
"Matches: Best of Three; The championship match will be a best of three series with the winner of the upper bracket holding a 1-0 advantage. The upper bracket winner needs only to win one match while the consolation winner must win two matches in a row."

Example was in Dreamhack where Fnatic won the championship by winning one game and thus giving them a two set advantage from defeating aAa twice from this:
http://season-one-championship.na.le...pionship-match

It was in fact presumed to be a double elimination and hence the loser bracket has lost once, thus a third game is required for CDE to win. Evidence is provided by last year's WCG qualifiers where CLG had to defeat HawkshotGG twice in order to advance as winners:
http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/...d.php?t=216167

I believe Jatt's participation in the NA qualifiers for WCG was an infraction of the rules. That goes without being said that he should not have been able to play with his team dignitas because of his prior participation in Canada, I have not done sufficient research, but I think dignitas should have played without Jatt on the team and found a replacement instead, to make things fair. He played and he lost in Canada and that should have stayed that way. Thus I don't think dignitas should be prevented from going to WCG Korea, but at least Jatt should be removed from the team.

CDE/TSM lost fair and square, if they really were the best and deserved to win first in NA, they would have shown their skills and won the third set of matches. As much of an anti-dignitas fan i am, the only problem I found truthfully was Jatt's dual participation.

dedfk12

10-31-2011

ahem, do you know about jatt

Newbits

10-31-2011

Way to write text of wall focusing on arguing the definition for best of three instead of Jatt not being disqualify for playing both USA and Canada tournament.

dedfk12

10-31-2011

and how he qualified into two qualifiers

how is that legal in any way

Sarcon

10-31-2011

explain to us how Jatt was able to participate in both the Canadian and US qualifier tournament when the rules state that you have to pick one and only one.

omgwtfhax2

10-31-2011

At this point it does not matter what the truth is, the only thing is how horribly this has spiraled out of control. Some shenanigans happened (as much as you claim they were correct riot despite evidence to the contrary) and it was handled incredibly poorly. You also transformed one of the best up and coming teams into a universally hated team because of poor problem handling. This reflects incredibly poorly upon you riot, and no amount of explanation is going to change that, it simply looks like you're coming up with more BS to cover your tracks. You messed up, just admit it and move on (all the assurance that changing the rules was the correct move just makes it appear more and more incorrect)

Unbroke

10-31-2011

Riot is a bunch of dogs tucking their tails and running.
Clearly your a ****** Matt. 100% clear you dont have competent decision making in terms of e-Sports management for your company. Pack your **** cuz this isnt the first time. meet the can, and good luck finding another job.

Not to mention if CDE were mean, you would have a nice class action lawsuit that you would undoubtedly lose.

Admit your wrong, DQ Jatt, Compensate CDE. let DIG go to Korea where they are gonna get roflstomped anyways.

GG idiot

dedfk12

10-31-2011

and give CDE a trip to korea