Regarding the WCG Qualifiers

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

R y u

10-31-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotMarcou View Post
(1) WCG National Qualifiers do not need to follow consistent formats across the world. The WCG allows for each national organizer to construct a format how they see fit (i.e. best of three, double elimination). This is to accommodate differences at the national level (e.g. # of participants, live vs. online finals)

It just so happens that the US and Canadian tournament were run by the same organizer and that organizer wanted both of those format to be the same since both tournament were concluded online. There are no national finals that need to be redone.
WTF are you talking about. Both US and Canadian tournaments were ran exactly the same way, until you changed the rules. Both US and Canadian finals ended with a best of 3 with a one game advantage to the team in the winners bracket. So explain to me again, why did you feel the need to change the rules and **** everything up?

7THLVL

10-31-2011

trick or treat?

Lolik0

10-31-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotMontag View Post
I agree. Totally. 100%. As someone who's really excited to see eSports flourish, I want to see more polish across the board and far less confusion. And right now, we know it's moving way too slow.

We're working on ways to better support our third parties. We can't own every decision ever made in a LoL tournament, but we're going to try to make it easier for third party tournaments to make better decisions overall, because we love this game as much as you do, and we want to see it flourish as an eSport.
BUMP for MATT MARCOU...

Problem is as much as you say you have no control Matt still intervened gave his opinion and actions were made based on his opinion of the situation.

Bump for
"The Rules which were agreed upon by both teams were the following.

A) 1 set Best of 3 with Dignitas having a 1 game advantage. CDE won the first 2 games and therefore won the set. Now being as CDE and Dignitas agreed to the rules set forth shouldnt it be that they have to abid by their agreement?
B) Rules were changed AFTER they agreed they lost and later complained. They accepted defeat per their agreement of the initial rules. However there is alot of controversy saying Canada and USA are not on the same set of rules BUT the only reason rules were changed was because of False information comparing the 2 sets of rules in which it was believed Canada played multiple sets. This however as stated was false and rules were changed because of the "Canada rules" How can you then justify changing it even thou information was false and then stating that its ok because both have different rules??
C) after being FORCED to play a second set and Dignitas given a 1 set advantage after getting a 1 game advantage (completely unfair but i digress) the fact still remains that Jatt was allowed to play after being DQd and losing in Canada.

I Await your response Riot. and Please use direct and clear language when addressing the questions stated above."

MasterfulWizard

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-31-2011

nvm

Razz Ako

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-31-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merana View Post
They can ban Jatt from WCG simply by taking away his right to play. They "should" not ban his account is a subjective decision.

Being powerless is not the same as choosing not to use the power.

If you think Riot has no input or no way to influence how WCG turns out you must be deliberately deluding yourself with his kool-aid.
Please, just take a time to read my previous posts...

WCG can obviously ban Jatt simply by taking his right to play, but is it necessary if no rules have been broken?

Rules were broken, Riot has input, but the hammer belongs to WCG not Riot, if Jatt gets banned it won't be by Riot and his account will not even be touched if he gets banned from WCG.

dedfk12

10-31-2011

... jatt should be disqualified in general
no execuses

zztt

10-31-2011

If Dig had a 1 set advantage already, why was the 1st BO3 played(which CDE won) a weighted one?

This means not only did CDE have to win a weighted BO3 but then another unweighted one. While Dig only had to win 1 game in the 1st BO3.

Funetik

10-31-2011

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=1430428

just gonna leave this here.

it's absolutely mind-boggling that this would happen.

Hazare

10-31-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotMarcou View Post
Summoners, this will be 99% lies.
Fixed.

Also, Marcou, keep on lying. You're already in that fire pit. You're done for and I'm pretty sure this won't stop until you get either burned either saved by pendragon. Who would have to take on the point of the community.

A rule was modified AFTER the actual tournament? Totally legit.

SSJ Huckfinn

10-31-2011

MasterfulWizard is trolling you Forumtroll