Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Regarding the WCG Qualifiers

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Argeon

10-31-2011

Quote:
RiotMarcou:
Summoners,

When players raised this situation to our attention, we consulted with the WCG in an attempt to understand and clarify the situation.

Sounds very complicated.
Apparently a set of written rules is too complicated to read.
And apparently, you have to contact the writers of the rules to attempt to understand the rules.

Xleepwalker

10-31-2011

"miscommunication"
This, is the key word. Why? Coz they don't want to admit that they're at fault.
GG competitive LoL. Just go solo Q from here guys.

Garayin

Recruiter

10-31-2011

What will be done about the blatant stream checking? I know somewhere in the response to this, one would say "Oh well that's Reginald and SV's fault for streaming." but that's just not something competitive players should be trying to do anyway. CLG has never done that against TSM despite the rivalry they had. (Now all hate is focused on Dignitas.)

So what will be done about "cheating" I guess you can call it.

Edit: I realize Riot probably cannot do anything about it however you can tell the WCG people about it.

Ryc Nairda

10-31-2011

How about Jatt when he clearly broke the rules and played for two different countries? He played for Canada which means he shouldn't be allowed to play for the USA. He needs to be DQ'd.

The Pumas

10-31-2011

I see a lot of trying to cover ones ass, and failing in the process, brilliant job once again RiotMarcou, never cease to amaze me.

GoTWooD

10-31-2011

Quote:
RiotMarcou:
Summoners,

We’d like to take a moment to address recent events surrounding the WCG qualifiers. We understand why you’re upset about how the event has been handled and communicated thus far.

Frustration over this event can be attributed entirely to poor communication of the tournament rules:

As many of you have observed, the rules posted on the official WCG website were inconsistent with the way the WCG was running the qualifiers. The consistent ruleset for online WCG tournaments is a double elimination, best of three sets format, and the entire event was run in this fashion. The officially posted rules on the WCG’s website incorrectly stated the rules for this event as best of three games. This was the primary reason for the confusion.

Riot works with a variety of eSports organizations, but we do not administer or have oversight of third party tournaments. When players raised this situation to our attention, we consulted with the WCG in an attempt to understand and clarify the situation.

We are still investigating the situation – as you know, this is fairly complex and there are a lot of moving parts, and we want to make sure we have the full story before commenting further. We have requested the WCG clarify the situation and their rules further, and we’ll continue to keep you posted.

We know this hasn’t been a great experience for fans of competitive League of Legends. We’re not happy about it either, and we’re sorry it’s taken us a while to communicate to you on this subject.

isn't like your entire job as eSports Manager to be up on this and understand the rules of the larger eSports events especially ones that are posted under the Announcements page?

like this:
http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=1417919

if your posting about the event on your own announcement page then you as the eSports manager should be a little more well prepared. I feel like this isn't the first time I have had to read some half ass excuse from you.

tldr: you suck as a manager

Jesus Pie

10-31-2011

first

progenity

10-31-2011

qq

Forumtroll

10-31-2011

I would have thought Riot would have had the presence of mind to let someone else make the announcement.

Nice knowing you Mr. Marcou.

BlastTyrant

10-31-2011

Ya know if you guy's can't get Tourny's to work? Then why don't you jsut stop doing them? There is drama and bs after EVERYONE just please stop the tourny's god this bs is so annoying.