Regarding the WCG Qualifiers

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Shark Juggler

10-31-2011

Not to be ungrateful but this is too little too late. As far as a response this is probably the most lackluster thing I've seen in a while.

I just hope that going forward we won't have situations like this happen. But I am truly disappointed and probably won't tune in to alot of the upcoming events.

Also the frustration isn't just with the poor communication of the tournament rules it's been the snowball of everything that has been allowed to happen.

Radish

10-31-2011

Thanks for finally replying, but this still does not change the fact that Jatt played in 2 different qualifiers.

Also, was every other game also played with a best of 3 sets?

And if you're still investigating the situation, why would you make a decision before everything is clear? You don't investigate AFTER you make a choice. You make it BEFORE.

EDIT:

Quote:
Therefore, while the Winners' Bracket champion needs to beat the Losers' Bracket champion only once to win the tournament, the Losers' Bracket champion must beat the Winners' Bracket champion twice. In some tournaments, however, the final game is always winner-take-all, or always a best-of-three set of games, with the usual advantage of the last Winner's Bracket team ignored.
Did you even read the wiki page you quoted? It clearly uses a set of ONE if you give them the Winner's bracket advantage. If you want a set of three, then at the very least, remove the Winner's bracket advantage. Dignitas asked if the tournament was done correctly. Can I ask again: Was this tournament done correctly? You had it right the first time.

While your at it, just DQ Jatt.

CAREFUL BOT MIA

10-31-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotMarcou View Post
Summoners,

Wed like to take a moment to address recent events surrounding the WCG qualifiers. We understand why youre upset about how the event has been handled and communicated thus far.

Frustration over this event can be attributed entirely to poor communication of the tournament rules:

As many of you have observed, the rules posted on the official WCG website were inconsistent with the way the WCG was running the qualifiers. The consistent ruleset for online WCG tournaments is a double elimination, best of three sets format, and the entire event was run in this fashion. The officially posted rules on the WCGs website incorrectly stated the rules for this event as best of three games. This was the primary reason for the confusion.

Riot works with a variety of eSports organizations, but we do not administer or have oversight of third party tournaments. When players raised this situation to our attention, we consulted with the WCG in an attempt to understand and clarify the situation.

We are still investigating the situation as you know, this is fairly complex and there are a lot of moving parts, and we want to make sure we have the full story before commenting further. We have requested the WCG clarify the situation and their rules further, and well continue to keep you posted.

We know this hasnt been a great experience for fans of competitive League of Legends. Were not happy about it either, and were sorry its taken us a while to communicate to you on this subject.
This is the third time you've screwed up this event. You've screwed up quite a bit in DotA as well.

Epicn00b

10-31-2011

i saw just a wall of text. no signs of intellegence whatsoever

Quantii

10-31-2011

you keep saying sorry, and you keep saying a bunch of non sense, fix the **** mistake you made. Thats all we are asking, nothing more.

jokull

10-31-2011

yeah this has been a mess, but i dont get why people blame riot when riot isnt in control of anything wcg does, its not like riot runs all competitive events that include league of legends... its a big mess, and everyone will learn from it for the future, but theres too much hate from everyone involved. forgive and forget, its just a game, remember?

kittybread

10-31-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by riotmarcou View Post
the officially posted rules on the wcgs website incorrectly stated the rules for this event as best of three games.
ohhh okay. I get it now. Officially posted rules are wrong and the organizers fixed it up. Awesome. I think the player playing for two different countries was wrong as well? Good work admins, don't follow those wrong rules. Make them up as you go. They must be taking a page from marcou on that one.

Epicn00b

10-31-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sant View Post
I don't see why you can't just admit you were wrong, disqualify Jatt, and let the people who actually want to follow their dream go.

Dignitas are horrible people.
They can't Its not their tournament.

Aesir Fox

10-31-2011

Why don't you man-up an admit you did something wrong? Stop denying something went wrong.

RHINO Mk II

10-31-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotMarcou View Post
Summoners,

We’d like to take a moment to address recent events surrounding the WCG qualifiers. We understand why you’re upset about how the event has been handled and communicated thus far.

Frustration over this event can be attributed entirely to poor communication of the tournament rules:

As many of you have observed, the rules posted on the official WCG website were inconsistent with the way the WCG was running the qualifiers. The consistent ruleset for online WCG tournaments is a double elimination, best of three sets format, and the entire event was run in this fashion. The officially posted rules on the WCG’s website incorrectly stated the rules for this event as best of three games. This was the primary reason for the confusion.

Riot works with a variety of eSports organizations, but we do not administer or have oversight of third party tournaments. When players raised this situation to our attention, we consulted with the WCG in an attempt to understand and clarify the situation.

We are still investigating the situation – as you know, this is fairly complex and there are a lot of moving parts, and we want to make sure we have the full story before commenting further. We have requested the WCG clarify the situation and their rules further, and we’ll continue to keep you posted.

We know this hasn’t been a great experience for fans of competitive League of Legends. We’re not happy about it either, and we’re sorry it’s taken us a while to communicate to you on this subject.
Not sure about you, but when I see an official ruleset posted on an official site, I like to believe that it's actually correct, and wont be changed AFTER the event has already finished to give one team an advantage.