Regarding the WCG Qualifiers

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Forumtroll

10-31-2011

In certain cultures a man would be offered a sword to fall on after this kind of debacle.

Bosstradamus

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

10-31-2011

This entire situation is so dumb and honestly this isn't the first time you've messed up as eSports Coordinator.

Grow a pair and man up to your own retarded decisions.

GetOnMyLvl

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-31-2011

What a good way to start off a new Season. Might as well start where we left off at Dreamhack, amirite?

FemJesse

10-31-2011

@RiotMarcou Thank you for peeking out and issuing a statement, even though it's not what people wanted to hear, it's comforting that you're investigating the issue. It will be hard to legitimize LoL as an eSport with such major misunderstandings based on vague rules that lead to awkward calls. I think we all want LoL to be successful as an eSport. Your critics call for your head on a stake, but I think we need to get every side of the story here. Dignitas currently contends that they just took advantage of the circumstances that WCG provided.

I think the ambiguity lies in this: who suggested the final call on extending the tournament?

tl;dr
Thanks for commenting finally....

Saxy92

10-31-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonAldridge View Post
Except for Jatt playing both qualifiers? Still a breach.
except CLG won the CA qualifiers with just 1 game played explain to me how that is the same?

logitewty

10-31-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotMarcou View Post
The consistent ruleset for online WCG tournaments is a double elimination, best of three sets format, and the entire event was run in this fashion.
So he is saying that every single round people played best of three sets? I don't think so. Obviously they didn't or else the finals would have been assumed to be this way as well. This is wrong.

Feezy

10-31-2011

you're a joke l0l

Diadave

10-31-2011

This whole consistency thing bugs me for the Australian WCG we had single elimination and a best of 3 for the final :S

IceRyu

10-31-2011

Lol, blatant lies. Quite embarrassing for a staff member as well as disrespecting to the community.

Even if you wanted to say things were inconsistent, that only applies to the amount of games needed to be played, but the rules regarding players playing in multiple countries were very clear.

Be a man and a proper staff member, step up and take responsibility.

FlySkyHigh777

10-31-2011

I smell bull****.