Does Dominion Suck?

Yes, aggressivly 78 19.60%
No, it's cool. OP is a turkey. 185 46.48%
Like the concept, but think it needs a lot of work 135 33.92%
Voters: 398. You may not vote on this poll

So...Does Dominion Suck?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

AstaorthX

11-02-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Argotto View Post
Personally, I have finally gotten sick of seeing a rammus, akali, jax, poppy, or blitz every game.. sometimes more than one of those in the mix. Gets extremely tiring. Oh well, those who are like me will stick to SR, those who prefer Dominion will stick to it.

Other reasons being that I prefer being able to finish a build, or at least get close to finishing one like in SR. I think I would have stayed interested in Dominion if the gold rate was greatly increased so that the average game, around 14-16 minutes, would allow me to get most of the items I need. It is rare to get more than 3 core items (boots included).
I almost always get at least 5 items so idk whatyoure takin about. I like the fact that every1 has a chance to get at least 3-4 items....but in SR...if you make like 2 mistakes it takes an eternity to build up items

lbgsloan

11-02-2011

Quote:
Other reasons being that I prefer being able to finish a build, or at least get close to finishing one like in SR.
You can finish a build on Dominion, you just can't have that build consist of five high priced items. You need more moderate items like Hexdrinker and Haunting Visage if you want 5 complete items at the end.

Parkerdude

11-02-2011

I love Dominion.

Dubron

11-02-2011

At this point, I play Dom exclusively and that's because of the time it takes for battles. 45 minutes for a decent game of SR is just too long... plus it can occasionally take over an hour. I can fit in 3-5 games of Dom in the same amount of time... it's just no contest at all.

I disagree with anyone saying that the strategy is shallow or that there is no strategy. Knowing where to be; where to attack, when to defend and hold... when to retreat... all of these elements of strategy that are present in SR I believe are amplified in Dom.

Anyone who says that Dom is "just killing other players" is also completely incorrect. Additionally, anyone complaining about Jax or Akili or whoever being overpowered simply aren't playing smart, imho. Give the game a chance... you didn't become a master at SR or TT in 3 matches... don't expect to instantly understand Dom after a few tries.