Does Dominion Suck?

Yes, aggressivly 78 19.60%
No, it's cool. OP is a turkey. 185 46.48%
Like the concept, but think it needs a lot of work 135 33.92%
Voters: 398. You may not vote on this poll

So...Does Dominion Suck?

1234567 ... 9
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Colauder

10-31-2011

Really if you look at it from other game perspectives, it's basically like any other online game which promotes a dominion style of play. SR is like death match. Death Match is always more popular. People tend to like killing each other more than focusing on capturing objectives. Simplified in the wrong way, because SR requires quite a bit more strategy than your basic deathmatch, but the concepts are the same.

Booshin

10-31-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colauder View Post
Really if you look at it from other game perspectives, it's basically like any other online game which promotes a dominion style of play. SR is like death match. Death Match is always more popular. People tend to like killing each other more than focusing on capturing objectives. Simplified in the wrong way, because SR requires quite a bit more strategy than your basic deathmatch, but the concepts are the same.
I agree to a point. But I think SR is more chess, Dom is checkers.

smilefase

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-31-2011

Hyper carries (jax and tryndamere) are especially way to strong in this game mode me to enjoy dominion.

Kolos1001

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-31-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Critical Error View Post
There are definitely rigged heroes on Dom, but the game mode is fun. If I want to play a quick ame with my friends, one were if we fudge up in 5 mins, we dont ruin 20, then I can.

Compare it to the other new mode, TT. TT is garbage imo. I cant even say when the last time Ive played TT was. Maybe it is because they didnt have the same hype. However, Dom isnt just fewer people and new map, it is a new game mode; Dom might be better than TT at its core.

They really need to do something about Jax and Rammus though. Rammus has way too much mobility, and with the extra gold flow, he becomes pretty beasty (whereas in SR he needed to own hard to get super geared). Jax, well, nobody should be able to take on 3v1 (and Ive seen 4v1)--you really have to be owning to beat an enemy team that has a Jax on it.
do you know how easy it is to get a SotD on dominon? if you are getting raped by jax and no one on your team has that item you're just not playing smart.

ActionButlerGO

10-31-2011

Nope.

Buck Strickland

10-31-2011

Nope, but the queue sure does.

TokinPrez

10-31-2011

I think Dom has more champion variety then SR and has some balance issues just as every mode in LoL has....sooo yea...it is very fast paced and fun for me personally and unlike many of you who say you hate it or talk about how it is the same champs over and over and yet have 10 or less Dominion games played (as well as many who post Dom hate threads if you check their profiles most people being haters have near no actualy dom experience). I have played over 200 and still love it and learn new things daily.

3v3ryone

10-31-2011

I doesn't like dominion because: you gain too much free gold without killing any minions, so zoning enemy isnt as enjoyable as on SR. Imo map is too small for 5 players with special free buffs that increase your speed, this leads to constant ganking and outnumbering enemies - simply leaves no chance to fight back 1 vs many.

It's too short, you can barely finish your build and bam map is over...

ZehNetoBR

10-31-2011

No it doesn't. It's just that it needs some tweaking (mainly item-wise) to be on its prime shape. I do see lots of potential, though.

Don't get me wrong, I still enjoy SR and get back to it from time to time. It's just that a well-played match of Dominion tends to give so much for so less that sometimes it's hard to get back to the good 'ol SR.

ZehNetoBR

10-31-2011

Forgot to mention something...if you don't like seeing the same champs over and over, remember: Draft Pick is your best friend and it's available for normal games, too.

1234567 ... 9