Does Dominion Suck?

Yes, aggressivly 78 19.60%
No, it's cool. OP is a turkey. 185 46.48%
Like the concept, but think it needs a lot of work 135 33.92%
Voters: 398. You may not vote on this poll

So...Does Dominion Suck?

12345 ... 9
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Booshin

10-31-2011

There was a lot of hype for the game...but after the limited beta and the first two weeks of release, I found myslef just going back to SR.

The gameplay is just innovative enough to transport it out of the Moba genre while not quite being original or creative enough to make it a suitable alternative (in my opinion).

Balance is totally nonexistant, not being able to ward takes a huge strategic element out of the game. While there does seem to be a number of strategies for winning dominion, they all kind of seem shallow, boiling down to: get some fast characters get ones who defend well see what happens.

All in all...I really think it's lackluster.

But, what does everyone else think?

EDIT:

Quote:
Originally Posted by AxisXIViral View Post
The concept is great. But it suffers severe balance issues, and I feel like the gameplay needs a bit of tweaking. Though I couldn't tell you what kind of tweaking, I have no idea.

Something about it just feels wrong to me.
I think this is what a solid majority of players feel, from what I've heard. The idea of Dominion is cool, but something is lost in translation. I think balance is a big thing. There's almost no point at all to play most AP casters. They tend to lack mobility, do poorly in duels, squishy, etc.

Also...the not being able to (or needing to) ward thing. Warding is such a huge deal strategically in SR and even TT. Proper warding seperates the noobs from the slightly less noobs. Dominion doesn't have that at all.

It kind of feels like LoL Lite.

EDIT 2: Alright, approx 100 votes and it looks like the majority likes the concept, but thinks Riot needs to do balancing/tweaking/redisigning.

Me being a turkey is in a close second.

EDIT 3: I seem to have been moved over to maps and modes discussion. Makes sense.

Kolos1001

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-31-2011

rammus akali heimer pantheon gp and shaco. every game. It gets old fast.

Monkey D Dragon

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

10-31-2011

I think it's pretty fun because it's fast paced, and constant team fights or 1v1 and it's a good choice when I just wanna do a short game or something. It gets pretty intense sometimes xD

Booshin

10-31-2011

Yeah, Shaco box staking and Rammus zipping around like an ******* wore out the novelty after game #4 for me.

illShy

10-31-2011

I played about 5 games during the beta, and never really liked it. I think it's a good idea, but needs a lot of work

Burnt Pear

10-31-2011

i don't understand how they can take an already done concept, eg.) Arathi Basin, and fail so hard at it...

Lvl 8 Psyduck

10-31-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kolos1001 View Post
rammus akali heimer pantheon gp and shaco. every game. It gets old fast.
sure u haven't seen poopy alistar kog morg blitz nidalee teemo ...etc

i see more variety in dominion than SR honestly

Felix Omni

Recruiter

10-31-2011

Yeah, Dominion sucks.

Para

10-31-2011

I like both game modes. I play them pretty equally. Symmetry in all things.

tastypastry45

10-31-2011

dominion is stupid riot is just wasting there time on it they should be helping champions like vlad,twitch,evelyn,sivir,etc..

12345 ... 9