Yorick and Ryze #1 and #2 Champs in Dom

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

brainlizard

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-01-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seņor Pancho View Post
you have no idea of what you are talking about. to play ryze efficiently is harder than you think. heimer aint that hard to play seriously.. freeze someone with your turrets before you throw a concussion (if you really want to stun someone). it's not THAT hard. and i'm not even gonna start talking about how easy it is to shoot his missiles...
???

I play both, and there is definitely more to heimer than ryze!

FDru

11-01-2011

Ryze is completely faceroll, anyone who says otherwise is deluded. I'm terrible with mages and I always get top scores and very good K/D/A with Ryze, and I don't even own mana runes (I really have no idea how to build him or if those are good, I just use Mpen with tank runes because I'm lazy).

brainlizard

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-01-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by FDru View Post
Ryze is completely faceroll, anyone who says otherwise is deluded. I'm terrible with mages and I always get top scores and very good K/D/A with Ryze, and I don't even own mana runes (I really have no idea how to build him or if those are good, I just use Mpen with tank runes because I'm lazy).
Yeah, my runepages are way outdated. I still have flat runes instead of scaling for a ton of my runes

I doubt I'll make a Ryze runepage any time soon. I don't play him THAT often, and I need to get scaling runes first.

OxBaker

11-01-2011

Even if you think Yorick is problematic (which I still don't see compared to a lot of other champs) he's just not picked often enough to bother banning. It's a waste of a ban. Same with Ryze.

you're better off banning problemed champs that you know a lot of people play.

DG TheFeedski

11-01-2011

Quote:
The only common bot champ that holds off Yorick is a (well played) Heimer, who can fight him to a stalemate.
I play Heimer a lot and I can tell you Yorick is a counter to heimer. Even well played, if Yorick knows anything about the game, he is going to kill you. He can take your turrets out easy and then you're only left with your w and e and pretty much ****ed for the next 21 seconds until you get another turret, and then he will take that one out too.

brainlizard

11-01-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by OxBaker View Post
Even if you think Yorick is problematic (which I still don't see compared to a lot of other champs) he's just not picked often enough to bother banning. It's a waste of a ban. Same with Ryze.

you're better off banning problemed champs that you know a lot of people play.
Read the first paragraph of my post. I say this already

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFeedski View Post
I play Heimer a lot and I can tell you Yorick is a counter to heimer. Even well played, if Yorick knows anything about the game, he is going to kill you. He can take your turrets out easy and then you're only left with your w and e and pretty much ****ed for the next 21 seconds until you get another turret, and then he will take that one out too.
I play both, and you can play Yorick to a stalemate. I find the brush helps a TON vs Yorick, and that I can use my W and E to keep my turrets safe from his ghouls. Once your turrets deal AOE, they'll shred his ghouls. It also helps to stagger your turrets so that one will cover the other. Means you don't have both attacking the wave, but you only need one for that anyhow.

Arcaness

11-01-2011

I will agree. Whenever I feel like playing bot for the game, I will pick Yorick. I am able to kill the bot champ while my team goes for top so we usually end up with 3 or 4 points at the start of the game. Yorick is very hard to push off his point and will just push you back. Even 2v1 or 3v1 I have held my point as Yorick if I have my ulti. He is beast at bot.