Yorick and Ryze #1 and #2 Champs in Dom

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

PsYcoTiCluNaTiC

10-31-2011

Naw, ryze is bad. He goes tear first, and it takes forever to build. lol.

On a more serious note, out of all the games i've played with ryze on dominion [about every one], heimer can beat ryze? lol. I've had games where i've killed heimer and had my point neutralized due to his upgrading of the wave, but I've never lost to a heimer; the skill cap on the two champs is way different. You should know this as a gold player.

In addition, ryze hard counters rammus and singed, not helpful when singed is top, but it makes it insanely hard to take ryze off of a point after he's fed off of bottom.

Brightmore

10-31-2011

I can see not banning Jax, He is strong but if you aren't AAing him to death, and applying crowd control he drops dead very quick.

Remember while Jax has a ton of hp, he is mostly a life steal champion, which means if you lock him down and prevent him from stunning(by not AAing him much). he falls over, I find Garen a very strong counter pick to him, as He can't dodge Decisive strike, and Judgement does good sustained damage that doesn't set off his E, and Demacian Justice turns his HP against him, and allows you to plant him when he is starting to life steal back.

I am a mixed mind about Rammus, if your paired with people who aren't good at reacting or determining where your opponent is going by how they leave vision, he is a real PITA, but if your team is savvy about maintaining map control, and good at prediction destinations via how they leave sight he is a very beatable champion.

While I rarely see it, I could see people banning Yorrick absolute god in bottom, forces someone out of the top 3 points consistently, just dominant.

Lastly, I could see banning Ryze, but not right now, right now when I have bans, I feel I need to baby proof some picks out there because I can't trust my solo queue teammates to actually use their heads and counter build some strong but beatable champions(AP shaco is a perfect example, you buy some MR, and Jibs don't hurt that bad at all, and if your smart and push creep into turrets, rather then just hard diving, you can beat his jib nests on turrets, downside, You really can't trust your teammates to actually do that, so banning him has legit appeal to reduce the number of wrong choices your teammates can make)

Rickert

10-31-2011

I agree with OP on Ryze and Yorick. I play Yorick for over most of my dominion games, since I got 50 wins. Now I got 100 wins, and there was a period when I got over 10 wins in a rows. Now my W/L ratio is stable at 1.5, due to winning to many games (all games I won using my atmogs build with variance.

However, a good Ryze is very challenging. If you play tanky dps or dps (melee), it is hard to approach and out damage his burst. Even I play tanky Yorick build with damage output almost on par with pure physical dps, but still having a hard time fighting him without ganking. Better avoid. If your opponent Ryze is not tanky, that Ryze is just bad.

Chingmeister

10-31-2011

I've seen soo many Ryze's that its often Ryze vs Ryze bot, with both starting with a catalyst, since you have to in mirror matches.

Damage from catalyst...on a map where you level every minute...facepalm...

Yorick was just as OP as Morde before Morde was nerfed, but less popular so he hasn't been taken down yet...

It's hard to tell the top 4 from Rammus, Shaco, Ryze, and Yorick...

Myrmidont

10-31-2011

agree yorick/shaco are totally high tier if not at the top

Ryze was a new idea to me but yeah you're right he probably is amazing too.

FDru

10-31-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brightmore View Post
Lastly, I could see banning Ryze, but not right now, right now when I have bans, I feel I need to baby proof some picks out there because I can't trust my solo queue teammates to actually use their heads and counter build some strong but beatable champions(AP shaco is a perfect example, you buy some MR, and Jibs don't hurt that bad at all, and if your smart and push creep into turrets, rather then just hard diving, you can beat his jib nests on turrets, downside, You really can't trust your teammates to actually do that, so banning him has legit appeal to reduce the number of wrong choices your teammates can make)
First, the exact reason Shaco is banned is because you have to build lots of MR and push minions. There is no "counterplay" to accidentally walking into a nest of boxes. You either have tons of MR or you die.

Second, he can camp on a node forever with nothing you can do about it with most champs because of having boxes spread all around it. If it's a node in your side of the map, you will require multiple champs to dislodge him; if it was windmill he's going to have reinforcements by the time you finish slowly pushing the minion wave.

Third, when you finally manage to field a force strong enough to do something about him, he just deceives out of there and comes back 5 seconds after you're gone to repeat the whole process again.

Lastly, use a ****ing period every once in awhile.

Squidget

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-01-2011

My group stopped banning Shaco tonight and didn't run into any major problems from him. Yes, box traps are bull****, but having Shaco also means that your team can't 4v4 you directly. They pretty much give up Windmill for free at the start and have a hard time taking it back because Shaco isn't very good in a straight-up fight unless he has a lot of boxes or a ton of room to kite.

I haven't seen any AD shacos, but I can imagine that would work a lot better.

Stimuz

11-01-2011

I haven't seen Yorick in a while. Ryze is definitely up there though, he's pretty much like a soraka that does damage without the need to bring someone into negative MR. Same build options, that is.

Stimuz

11-01-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by PsYcoTiCluNaTiC View Post
but I've never lost to a heimer; the skill cap on the two champs is way different. You should know this as a gold player.
Huh? Heimer has the higher skill cap and skill requirement. Skill cap doesn't equate to effectiveness though. Ryze = low skill cap, low skill req, VERY high effectiveness but also 100% gear driven, theres pretty much nothing outside the basic fundamentals of every champ that you can do to separate yourself from a great ryze player and the best. He's as close to an AD auto attacker as you can get with an "AP" champ.

Seņor Pancho

11-01-2011

Quote:
Huh? Heimer has the higher skill cap and skill requirement. Skill cap doesn't equate to effectiveness though. Ryze = low skill cap, low skill req, VERY high effectiveness but also 100% gear driven, theres pretty much nothing outside the basic fundamentals of every champ that you can do to separate yourself from a great ryze player and the best. He's as close to an AD auto attacker as you can get with an "AP" champ.
you have no idea of what you are talking about. to play ryze efficiently is harder than you think. heimer aint that hard to play seriously.. freeze someone with your turrets before you throw a concussion (if you really want to stun someone). it's not THAT hard. and i'm not even gonna start talking about how easy it is to shoot his missiles...

edit: pantheon and urgot are top tier as well. people are slowly realizing this and I poop a little in my pants when I see a familiar player with pantheon in the other team.