Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Yorick and Ryze #1 and #2 Champs in Dom

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

brainlizard

10-31-2011

Quote:
Squidget:
This guy knows what he's talking about. If you want to win games pick one of those champs.

Thanks!

Quote:
I'd add Kog'Maw to your list, especially now that some of the tanky-DPS is dying down a bit. He needs a bit of peel early on, but later the On-Hit build just wrecks everyone.

Blitzcrank also really stands out, but he needs reliable damage on the team to really work well. I've found it almost impossible to lose a game duo queuing as Kog'Maw + Blitzcrank.

It's not meant to be an exhaustive list as much as just highlighting why some of the usual "#1/#2" picks don't stand up to Yorick/Ryze, imo.

I absolutely agree on Kog and Blitz. I also think Kass and Ez are very powerful. Both have insane kites due to the walls.

Nomnom3

10-31-2011

Yorick and Ryze own so hard in Dominion. I absolutely agree. The only advice I would give is when you play these champs and are stomping so hard, don't get too cocky and try to 1v3, if they have any sort of hard cc. Of course you can 1v2 very often you just need the right initiative +tower.

Hobocop

10-31-2011

I don't think I've ever lost a game playing as a CC/burst champ like Cho'gath with a Blitzcrank on my team. If the Blitz is any good at all, you just pick virtually anyone on the enemy team that isn't Tryndamere with his ultimate up, and they just die without being able to do anything about it.

Squidget

10-31-2011

I've gone back and forth a lot on how good Akali is on Dominion. I don't think she's a game-winning pick, but banning her opens up a lot of picks that otherwise aren't all that great. Ez, Brand, Cass, and others are all solid kiting/poking picks, but I wouldn't pick them if there's a chance of the enemy counterpicking with Akali. Her ability to gapclose again and again through every escape and stun is very scary.

Do you usually play Ez as AD or AP? I've found them both to be pretty strong, though AP seemed a little better in solo queue since you don't get to autoattack all that much.

TokinPrez

10-31-2011

Great post and I agree with much of what you said.

To those dismissing Ryze...don't, he is very powerful on dominion. His burst, his defenses, control, just makes him beastly and he is able to control bot, roam, push, he can really fit into whatever role is needed of him and do well in it. Very underestimated and one of the champs I hate fighting against the most since I play a lot of melee AD champs.

Akali is still wicked strong, sure we are seeing a meta shift and people are smarting up and counter building, seeing more use of MR items and so on. However Akali still just works into her items far to quickly coupled with her burst and sticking power she still just dominates people and AP mages are not an issue for her, it was always Bruisers which on Dom became less of an issue due to her being able to get items so quickly. With how gold and xp work on Dominion, Akali will always be a strong pick in her current state.

Jax is still amazing but with the meta shift and people being smarter I am finding him less of an issue. Again he is still amazing just not so dominate. I honestly never had a huge problem with Jax since I used to play him a lot long long ago.

Yorick is great no question but I don't feel he is tier 1 really as he can be countered multiple ways and h is role on a team is more limited where as Heimer I find to be more flexible and more tier 1 worthy.

Poppy you underestimate. For the record I have been playing Poppy since her release and I personally go AD over AP most of the time unless the other team has mostly all squishies then I may go AP. I never find being kited much of a problem, between her MASSIVE move speed, her long range charge and burst, she can normally just swoop onto someone and kill them. AD may have less burst but it allows Poppy to be very scary even as she waits on her CDs. Her ult is one of the best on Dom, it allows her to be a bully in nearly any given situation.

Rammus is same as always, having a champ who can nearly cap top before the other team even arrives is very powerful and allows for a massive advantage, that is not even going into all the other details we all are aware of concerning that armadillo turtle thing.

Shaco is amazing, I ban him more and more and with the patch I am very interested to see what happens with him on Dom.

Gangplank I feel needs to be added, he is a swiss army knife of abilities that all prove very strong on Dominion. Mega Burst, slows, self heal/cleanse, durable, High MS, group buffs and a global ult that can be used in many ways, he just a huge global enemy threat that really supports his team.

Side note, new champ Shyvana, reading her abilities makes me think she will fit into Dominion really well, just speculation though still of course.

brainlizard

10-31-2011

Quote:
Squidget:
I've gone back and forth a lot on how good Akali is on Dominion. I don't think she's a game-winning pick, but banning her opens up a lot of picks that otherwise aren't all that great. Ez, Brand, Cass, and others are all solid kiting/poking picks, but I wouldn't pick them if there's a chance of the enemy counterpicking with Akali. Her ability to gapclose again and again through every escape and stun is very scary.

I'm never sure if it is "Akali isn't that good", or "most people can't play Akali" Your point about opening other picks is very good.

Quote:
Do you usually play Ez as AD or AP? I've found them both to be pretty strong, though AP seemed a little better in solo queue since you don't get to autoattack all that much.

I've only ever played AD Ez with full CDR. I'm fairly new to him.

brainlizard

10-31-2011

Quote:
Sadpandas:
Yorick is great no question but I don't feel he is tier 1 really as he can be countered multiple ways and h is role on a team is more limited where as Heimer I find to be more flexible and more tier 1 worthy.

Do share!

Quote:
Poppy you underestimate.

I was misleading I think: I believe poppy to be very powerful. She's my most played champ in dom. I just don't think she's as huge an asset as Yorick and Ryze

Quote:
Gangplank I feel needs to be added...

Again, I was misleading. I wasn't trying to be exhaustive in my list

WaterD103

Recruiter

10-31-2011

First intelligent post about whats good and not in dominion.

OxBaker

10-31-2011

People aren't actually going to ban Ryze and Yorick over the likes of Jax and Rammus. Heck most people wouldn't even ban them over champs like GP and Talon.

FDru

10-31-2011

Quote:
OxBaker:
People aren't actually going to ban Ryze and Yorick over the likes of Jax and Rammus..

Watch me.

(actually, I wouldn't typically ban Ryze but Yorick absolutely ruins every game he's in and I'm pretty much sick of it)