still having problems with unknown errors

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

clamhands

09-26-2009

I have been reading on the forums of people who have having the same problem as me. when i login to the game the lobby does not load, it just says closed beta 2 then three unknown error messages pop up. many people have fixed this so i tried fixing it the same way that they did by allowing the ports through the windows firewall. i even tried with the firewall down and no dice. i have already played one round of lol but i cant get back into the game because the lobby does not load. if people have idea they are greatly appreciated.

Jesse Perring

NOC Technician

09-28-2009
1 of 2 Riot Posts

Are there any other anti-virus/spyware programs running in the background that may be causing the issue?

Try this:
Start Menu -> Run -> type in "msconfig" -> choose selective start up -> browse the Services and Start Up tabs

Use this tool to select which programs you want to run automatically and which you don't.

clamhands

09-28-2009

what programs should i not allow

Jesse Perring

NOC Technician

09-29-2009
2 of 2 Riot Posts

It's going to be different for every system. Any programs relating to third party anti-virus/scanning/firewall software can be disabled. In general, I would leave Microsoft processes alone; those processes can be turned off somewhere in control panel if needed.

synack

09-29-2009

Not to hijack but I've seen the occurrence of random unknown errors go up since the recent pvp.net patch. Prior to that it was actually rare that I would see one.