A proper fix to WCG issue

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Kritzkrieg00

10-31-2011

The whole tourney was Best of ONE game (double elimination), so the whole "let's have three sets of best of 3" thing should not have happened. But SINCE IT DID....

Someone should have noticed overall game score in the tourney for CDE/Dig if they wanted to decide a winner EVEN IF by this 3 sets of 3 shenanigans

1-2 CDE wins (set one)
the first game sent CDE into losers bracket, the second two were the first two of grand finals, which should have won the tourney for CDE if this had been a simple BO1 double elimination tourney.

2-? Dig wins (set two)
the tourney was declared over after this... WTF?

?-? un-played set 3

winners bracket should have given only a 1 game advantage, not 1 set advantage unless the whole tourney was best of three sets. IT WASNT. They need to play another set to decide the winner if they are gonna do it the rediculous crazy way it was decided to be done...

OPTIONS:

1) play a third BO3 set to decide winner
OR
2) forget that last played set ever happened and CDE won.

How can tourney administrators be so bad at simple math?

DireRaven

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-31-2011

I think they wanted Dignitas to go to Korea and were willing to change the rules to do so. May sound conspiracy theoryish but i mean, the rules read plain to me - and some simple phone calls could tell them how Canada ran theirs instead of just buying into whatever they are told by players.

...plus the whole Jatt thing.

I mean at least then there is a reason behind what they did and not just utter incompetence at every turn.

I think Riot will bury their heads in the sand over this and wait for it to blow over because they don't have the balls to apologize and set things right.

Kritzkrieg00

10-31-2011

I seriously doubt the tourney administrators actively wanted one team to win...