Kassadin vs. Ryze mid

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

iDevastate

10-30-2011

As Kassadin, what am I doing wrong whenever I face a Ryze?

When I try to harass Ryze, he gets his Q off then an autoattack or two, meaning he wins the exchange. Subsequently, Ryze's Q is off cooldown more often, meaning he can harass me while I wait foy my Void Sphere to come off CD.

Is Ryze supposed to beat Kass mid, or what am I doing wrong?

Gangplank Style

10-30-2011

doing it wrong, try charging force pulse and get better exchange

iDevastate

10-31-2011

Bump, I'd like more insight on this.

NeoLlama

10-31-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by American high View Post
doing it wrong, try charging force pulse and get better exchange
while ryze charges force pulse constantly for you since you are leveling q >w >q >e >q>r

your pulse does almost no damage.

a good ryze can beat kass. he is very mana dependant early if he doesn't get blue you can just tank all his q's with your passive and pots while trading. you have infinite mana so you should be able to sustain better.

if he gets blue your ****ed

Innatious

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

10-31-2011

ryze have good advantage over kass when it comes to 1v1. usually ryze will get early advantage which can be devastating for kass in late game so instead, try ganking to keep yourself up throughout the game and/or counterpick

Bekkal

10-31-2011

Against ryze, this would be my skill order: Q-W-Q-E-Q-max E/R when possible.

Farm up by either sniping minions with q, or silencing ryze and last-hitting, then backing off. Don't worry about harass until you have a couple of points in Q.

Call for an early gank (level 4 at the latest), and flash-ignite in on him with a silence if you think you can get a kill. Burn his flash and reserve yours if you cannot.

Rush a catalyst for sustain and at 6 your goal is to poke away at him by R-Q-back off. When he gets low enough, R-Q-E combos should be enough to worry him.

Edit: Ryze is an extremely tough lane for Kassadin early, but lategame you will shut him down if you have kept your farm up.

Ryemann

10-31-2011

Kass beats Ryze early game, because Ryze has insane mana costs for continuous harass, same as Kass, but Kass can regen mana by autoattacking creeps at tower, since the lane would get pushed anyways.

Taliesin

10-31-2011

Your Q range > anything he has. When you close to Q, the moment the animation starts playing, click to back away from Ryze. He'll run towards ya, trying to trade. Don't let him. After a few one-sided exchanges, you should have built yourself enough of an hp gap that you can last-hit/zone him with impunity.

NinjaBeaver

10-31-2011

Once you both hit 6, and assuming your jungler gives you blue, you should rape ryze. You should be able to rift walk -> silence -> E him, then run out of range before he is un-silenced, assuming you are fast enough and he doesn't have merc treads. Before 6, you will lose to a competent ryze.

Fact

Hefty Sak

10-31-2011

ryze wins most exchanges very early game. 90+ dmg on a very short CD.

it's all about forcing him to tank minion dmg early - or blasting him from long range (caitlyn comes to mind).

silence is your friend as well.