Why do champions just stand there and dur dur?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Mystasialla

10-29-2011

I play Tarric sometimes, and this happens when mostly i play a tank -- I initiate the fight, and my ranged just stand there and either run back and forth and auto attack minions and does not help. it happened with 3 team members both!! Its so agrivating...makes my blood just boil, i don't even want to play that game cause people are not working together .."Oh, I thought you had him, so i left.?? (while he had full health) i am so sick of this.

Nilator

10-30-2011

You sure you weren't laning with Nunu?
Huehuehue. Terrible pun.

icandividebyzero

10-30-2011

ok

Oxyrotten

10-31-2011

maybe you need to learn when not to initiate?

Keeperofstars

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-31-2011

I feel your pain, it's a common angst with tanks. you have your whole team, with you, right behind you. At mid lane, you dance around a moment waiting for the perfect time to initiate, you see the perfect opening, that annie just burned her stun on a minion by accident, or the insert something you didn't want enemy team opening with. You rush in to initiate, do an amazing opening, and get bursted down. As a ghost you scan around and see the yi ran off to get red buff, the ash backed to get an item, the caster said screw it not going into that, and your support decided to push a side lane.

The enemy then takes their five and kills the mid tower, the mage there trying to defend, the yi comes in late to cover the 2nd tower and dies, ash fires arrow down mid, hits 1 target and that baits your support to rush into the tower and die.

We all have these games, but know who gets blamed? the tank, Not the people that ran off to do stupid things. or just stand there.

I also hate being a "slow" champion that is a great initiator, like renekton, during lane with an ashe, I would go in stun ashe would follow aoe, and shoot once or so. Guy nearly dead so I continue but my ashe stops and just auto attacks minions, for a bunch. The other enemy laner gets some CC (exhaust, stun, snare) guy I chasing gets away with 10 hp, and I get to run back through minion wave shooting while getting blasted by other enemy. All the while the nearly full health ashe just auto attacks. I barely make it back to tower after burning flash. Then have to base. during this I go great our ashe just DCed. Ashe replies no i didnt'.

Happens with tons of champions, seems ranged melee are the worse but have had them all do it. They start a fight and then run off 10 seconds into it leaving you to die, where if they had just stayed in the fight it would of been them getting a double kill, yes I would of died, but they would of got a double kill out of it. You know feeding our carry stuff, but they just don't.

So I feel your pain.

Kiddalee

10-31-2011

Try pinging the enemy first.

Fluffyknowsyou

10-31-2011

None of us are psychic, those are common mistakes if no one is communicating.

Mystasialla

10-31-2011

Ok Thanks for the help, I should've posted this in the new player forum, I've only been playing for 3 months, thanks for the replies.

Keeperofstars

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-31-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fluffyknowsyou View Post
None of us are psychic, those are common mistakes if no one is communicating.
which is lovely but sorry it's kinda hard to type when your being shot at by 5 enemies, your team needs to know how to play the game some, and overall it's common they don't understand.

if im in a heavy pub, aka mostly all pubs I usually try to talk at the start of the game how I roll but even then it doesn't help much.
People need to focus more on team aspect of this game, instead of farming some OP champ as fast / hard as they can.

DrunkSide Jedi

10-31-2011

This is sorta why as I tank I wish there were chat macros. So I could clearly communicate when I'm initiating, when I'm harrassing, and when I'm throwing myself in front of a freight train so they can GTFO.