Turrets...

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Crustacian

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-30-2011

I've been playing LoL for a while now... and it seems to me that the turrets that are supposed to be guarding the nexus don't really do much... other than hit the champs/minions with their set mechanics. More importantly they don't even do that much damage to someone once they get some tanky items, which allows tower diving early game. In my opinion this is total nonsense since people are supposed to be afraid of turrets when minions aren't there. I'd just like to suggest buffing the range and damage of turrets just enough so that people won't want to tower dive every time someone is low on HP behind one. Oh, offhandly nerf Poppy's Ultimate. Immunity to towers is too overpowered.

LancerXXX

10-31-2011

If they have all your inhibitors down to the point that they can attack you in your nexus turrets, I think you've already lost. Anyway, just run to the fountain (and lose your nexus)... not hard.

Yuumax

10-31-2011

All the things you mentioned are part of the game and are fine with the vast majority of players. Sorry bro.

Keeperofstars

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-31-2011

Actually a change needs to be made to the towers, they need to do split damage, right now they do physical damage on SR and magic on DM.

They should really do both, and outer turrets need to do more damage, OR effectively hit the appropriate target. Very often they hit the target that does the first attack and keep hitting them even if they are running off meanwhile the mage is burst nuking you down, and the tower keep shooting at the guy running away. I do it all the time.

Last thing is no one at all period should have an auto attack that reaches the tower without being in tower range. *cough* cait, Kayle.
I'll let trist off as her range is level dependent.

But yeah sitting at your tower and not infront but standing next to it and getting auto attacked is just bs. I'm fine with abilities as they have some cooldown, and can be dodged. But the auto attackers getting to free shoot you just total bs.

Of course the real thing to do is just make towers do true damage. That solves everything. You have to have minions to take a tower, you wouldn't be able to tower dive nearly as easily, (Note the I'm at 15 hp tower dives are fine, but right now you can be at 50% health and get dove with no problem at all by nearly half the champion combos out there.) But if they did true damage, then the garens, malphites, nasus, signeds etc could just stand tanking turret hits all day.

One thing that could be a comprimise is to give fort summoner spell AOE and true damage
Also when fort is hit, towers should aim for any champions in range. But that depends on how AOE with true damage works out. But it's pretty sad when a forted tower with double attack speed and AOE focuses the tank minion and barely kills it before fort is over, leaving that huge wave of casters and champions 3 feet behind the tank minion all alive and unhurt.

Oh and remove the last tower AI "upgrade" they started being much more stupid after it.

lRaon

10-31-2011

I think the turrets are fine, the problem is the range of some DPS that fall outside the range. Caitlyn for example, knocks his turret without taking any hit it.

Sylvinite

10-31-2011

here is the only problem i see with buffing the towers ... what happens when the one hit creeps so that they actually do dmg to these hero's ?

Crustacian

10-31-2011

I should clarify that I don't mean just the Nexus turrets I meant all of them...