Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

what ap caster can take talon mid

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

BigProoF

10-30-2011

I've had good results using Vladimir but I need another caster I can take mid

Lunar Guard Ace

10-30-2011

This thread diluted: "How do I counter my counter?"

Solution: You don't

CopperDragon

10-30-2011

By switching with top lane -.-
This is pretty much what used to happen when xin was vs squishies mid. Just switch with top lane so you don't face your counter.
If you insist to vs your counter, play someone without skillshots and can tank some damage. A good example of this is sion and maybe gragas.

byrdman77

10-30-2011

leblanc maybe maybe. If you can land a Q+W combo (with right runes) you can keep it so he won't jump in and destroy you..but no promises.

SantokiMilkTea

10-30-2011

Quote:
Cornarias:
This thread diluted: "How do I counter my counter?"

Solution: You don't

Terrible logic. OP is asking what is an ap caster best suited against talon. Talon is good against ap casters mid, but there are ones that are better than others. He doesn't necessarily state it that way, but with just a little reading comprehension you should be able to tell.

Back to the OP's point, I think you just have to play a certain way against him regardless of champ. Kinda like how annie at level 6, you play a little farther back constantly, it's just unavoidable, but not game breaking. Obviously champs will skill shots will be a bit more difficult, but I suggest Ryze. I mean if you can get a chain vest (for frozen heart) after your tear and boots you'll have the upper hand.

uuuuuu

10-30-2011

Morgana

Svetsunov

10-30-2011

I've had success vs Mid Talon as Brand and Zilean. Dont know if its just because they were all bad but they dont seem too hard.

Belphagor666

10-30-2011

Quote:
Wavorly:
Terrible logic. OP is asking what is an ap caster best suited against talon. Talon is good against ap casters mid, but there are ones that are better than others. He doesn't necessarily state it that way, but with just a little reading comprehension you should be able to tell.

Back to the OP's point, I think you just have to play a certain way against him regardless of champ. Kinda like how annie at level 6, you play a little farther back constantly, it's just unavoidable, but not game breaking. Obviously champs will skill shots will be a bit more difficult, but I suggest Ryze. I mean if you can get a chain vest (for frozen heart) after your tear and boots you'll have the upper hand.

Sure. You can play an immensely difficult lane due to how much of a Caster-Killer Talon's kit makes him.

OR.

You can make the lane immensely easier and set Talon up against those who are actually capable of handling him.

Why risk the chance of screwing up your mid lane?

And besides. AP casters are notorious for being gank-punishers. Stuns and what not.

When Talon starts to roam away from mid-lane, at least one of your lanes won't get instantly crushed.

tl;dr Increase your success rates. Why stay stubborn and risk it.

Apexplosive

10-30-2011

Kassadin counters Talon at mid HARD

OptimisticC

10-30-2011

I've had success against Talon with Nidalee, AP Ezreal, and Lux. Pretty much because I can harass him from afar and there was nothing he could do about it.