League of Legends RPG

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Aidan

06-22-2010

Just a topic to ask you all how you'd feel about this...

But what if I were to make a League of Legends RPG? A video game based around the story and lore of one champion. And I came to ask and see what you would all want in a game like this exactly.

- Which champion(s) would you want it to be based around?
- What style of RPG would you want this in? The old fashioned turn based system, the haste system from Final Fantasy, or even a turn based RTS tactics game?
- Would you rather it be as serious as possible or more humorous than anything or somewhere in between?
- How much originality would you want attained between the actual League of Legends game and the RPG?

Also I cannot do this alone. I have already found three scripters, someone to handle the soundtracks, a writer, and a map maker. I would need an artist willing to do battle pictures of each champion (considered the Chinese website but they do not have each champion available yet) and a spriter who would be willing to make 2D or 3D sprites each of champion for the overworld and possibly the battle. And possibly even testers.

In before lawsuit xD

Lord GiantR

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-22-2010

Yes i would love a League Of legends themed Rocket Propelled Granade launcher it'd be grand.

EveryTimeV

06-22-2010

Make it like Diablo.

T8mNEiLGTw

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-22-2010

Turn based RPG? Why? Real-time imo

Lord GiantR

06-22-2010

Srsly Though I think That something like Chrono Trigger would be awesome.

goldemerald

06-22-2010

I've thought about it before, and all I think it would accomplish is giving us lore. It's hard to be innovative for an RPG nowadays, so the only thing Riot would have going is the interesting stories they have... I would like to see katarina and garen take over the world (only to be stopped by non-worldly beings: anivia, taric, malphite, all the yorldes)

Luciferian

06-22-2010

First of all, you're probably going to get sued. Second, I'd recommend making it an ATB system , somewhat like wild arms 3, chrono trigger, seiken densetsu etc etc....

It's a nice thought though, and i'd love to play through the backgrounds of my favorite heroes...But i'd definitely need some humor thrown in there too. make it as corny as possible.

piratesas

06-22-2010

Something like Onimusha/FF Tactics would probably work really well with the setting and moves, and might be relatively easy to program (Although I have no clue really, just looks that way).

EDIT: Also

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldemerald View Post
I've thought about it before, and all I think it would accomplish is giving us lore. It's hard to be innovative for an RPG nowadays, so the only thing Riot would have going is the interesting stories they have... I would like to see katarina and garen take over the world (only to be stopped by non-worldly beings: anivia, taric, malphite, all the yorldes)
Megling Uprising!

EveryTimeV

06-22-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldemerald View Post
I said this before.

MORDEKAISER'S ARMY.

Talamare

06-22-2010

3 Ideas

Idea1 - A job system - You start as a Peasant class (or whatever pathetic sounding title you can think of), then choose to go thru different paths, such as path of war, path of the sword, path of magic etc, after getting like 5 lvls or so in said path, you can become any specific champion

Idea2 - Other way it would work is something like youre your own champion, and you travel the world meeting/fighting other champions, you can learn any existing champion ability (thru various complicated systems), but essentially you can mix and match the skills as you please

Idea3 - You play as a cliche Demacian (probably Garen... sigh) and you battle noxia~

personally I like idea 2 best, it will have a skill system similar to Guild Wars or Phantom Dust