Anyone got any advice?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Parcheeseey

10-30-2011

It seems like i'm getting super unlucky and only getting qued on the teams with trolls and feeders, or people that just suck SO BAD. Anyone got any advice on how to get out of the 900-1000 ELO range that's filled with these kinds of people? I'm stuck T.T And it's not like I'm bad, either. I'm not super good, but I definitely shouldn't be playing with these baddies...

misterPlata

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-30-2011

first, i noticed the champions you played in those two matches: Skarner and Urgot. in my opinions, those two are not very good on duo queue due to part of their skillsets being a team-helping spell, like skarner's ult and urgot's ult. what i did to get out of that elo was to play champions that can basically sustain themselves in fight while at the same time being able to dish out damage. i used irelia and it was pretty effective since nobody knew what to do against irelia. but other champions work too, but most importantly, play your best champions. right now im just playing AD carries like vayne and corki, cause it's the best i do.

WarlordMichael

10-30-2011

Also play champions that scale better in long games or pubstomp harder early and are still effective lategame, Skarner (weak 1-6, strong 6-13, weak after 13), Urgot (strong till about 35mins then overtaken by hypercarries) are not the best choices unless you are adept at crushing the enemy team (talking 10-0 or even more kills) as this will force an early surrender, none of your teams had any strong scaling champions and you were always up against 1-2 very strong late game champions (GP, or the olaf+trynd).

Look at your team comp and see where your teams weaknesses lie (if you are first pick either get an idea of what people want to play and pick accordingly or pick a strong lategame champion as most games go 40+ minutes unless you surrender early). Also check the enemy team if you see alot of earlygame champions (Garen, Urgot, Leblanc, Riven, Talon, Akali and other similar champions) be prepared to turtle and just defend for the first 25-30 minutes (you will cede some deaths but by keeping them from snowballing too hard you actually have a chance of matching them after the 30min mark and possibly coming out with a win), equally if you have alot of early game champions exploit it (gank early and often whenever someone moves forward of the river)

Parcheeseey

10-31-2011

alright thanks for the help guys! Sounds like good advice, I'll check out some of those champs.

Fluff the Panda

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-31-2011

One thing I learned that when I was in your elo in season 1. You HAVE TO PLAY A CARRY THAT CAN CARRY INTO LATE GAME. I carried myself to 1300 elo with Ashe from 1000 elo.

That being said, judging by your scores, you probably belong where you are at... Your deaths contribute as much loss as to your allies deaths do. I've had games where my team completely feeds and I still go 5-1 or some such score. If you were smart enough to know when to back out and not over commit then you would be rising in elo in no time.

Some things a lot of higher elo people like Probo, Deikan, BFM have told me that is the same. MATCH MAKING BALANCES OUT.

Think about all the games where you have won for free because of trolls, feeders and afkers on the enemy team. It's going to happen to you too. If you come to the point where you are winning/losing 50% of your games, then you most likely at the elo you belong.

All you can do is LEARN from each game you play which is what I had to do to get to 1528 currently. I went through all my league of legend replays and looked at what I did wrong.

Now here comes the tips.

DO. NOT. RAGE. The first person who rages will start the downfall of all your team. One person starts raging and loses his mind, he can't focus, he can't make smart decisions and everything just goes wrong.

Listen to your favorite music that makes you happy while playing a game, it helps stop you from raging A LOT.

Stop playing for 5-10 minutes too cool down after a game if you lose as to avoid your discouragement from making you suck next game.

Finally the most important tip of all given to me by a high elo player who was 2204 at the end of season 1. Play ranked as if you are playing for fun and not as if you are in a tournament. If you've played 3-50 ranked games then suddenyl transitioned back into normals, you WILL notice the skill gap between people who play normal and people who play ranked. You will stop caring about your record and you willl stop raging and try harding in normals and you record will suddenly shoot to +50 and higher in normals. THIS APPLIES TO RANKED GAMES EXCEPT YOU MIGHT HAVE TO TRY A TAD BIT HARDER. PLAY FOR FUN, IT ALL BALANCES OUT!

Notice a reoccuring theme? All the tips i've ever been given and that i'm giving you that have helped me increase elo all have to do about keeping a cool head and NOT raging. The most important thing in this game.

Now one thing about playing carries.

You are the carry. The initiator does NOT decide when to fight. YOU DO. You are the person killing their team ultimately, you are the person they are supposed to keep a live and you are the person making the shots. You have to learn how. Keep the dragon timer in your head and tell your team to do it as soon as it's up. Keeping dragon control is KEY in getting farmed in league.

Since you are making the calls, you CAN'T hesitate and you CAN'T ***** out.. Once your team decides to fight, it's time to fight. If it's obvious that your team is losing, change your game play and make some smarter calls. All this comes with experience of playing.

Tl;dr Keep playing, because match making will balance out.

Fluff the Panda

10-31-2011

I forgot something... when you reach 1300-1500, it's best to have some type of knowledge of all the roles in the game. People expect you to know how to play each role and will be irritated if you do not. The first picks are always going to instalock if they are either best at: Jungle or Ranged AD. If not, they will pick those champions and try to trade with others so they can counter pick the various champions on the enemy team.

In HIGH elo, nobody talks, they just pick according to each other and the enemy team. Something to look forward too when/if you get out of your elo.

Good luck!

Fluff the Panda

10-31-2011

b

oMello37

11-01-2011

"look at these scores, so bad". lol