This map is really retarded

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Nick78

11-01-2011

i agree with you so much its just dumb how they can turtle and win thats not a league game get own and thats it try to get better dont wait in base for 1 hour and then get more feed then people who farm all jungle all buff etc... so broken

Shishi Neko

11-01-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daemon Toast View Post
guy who posted this thread is right....all u other people...have nvr played a 70 min tt game ..when you do you'll realize what hes saying...and if you have and don't agree w/ him...i have pity for you
This. I've experienced it as well. Just got done with a near-70+ minute game. We grabbed dragon, every single jungle buff, elixirs, and our item builds could not have been any better for this particular game, but there was no chance we could dive the nexus tower and destroy it fast enough without the enemy team fighting with us, taking damage, healing it off at the platform, then rejoining the fight to ace us all before the tower goes down.

We dominated them the entire freaking game. We had lost no towers and practically manhandled them every teamfight. The main problem was that Caitlyn could shoot us FROM THE PLATFORM for massive damage and Tryndamere can't die with his ult on, which he was sure to be on the platform by time it ended.

It is a sickening map issue that needs to be looked at and fixed when there is literally NO POSSIBLE WAY to successfully strike down the nexus tower.

EDIT: For accuracy's sake, I was not solo q. This was a well-coordinated game on the parts of both teams.

Anonymosity

11-04-2011

The map issue really isn't that bad and if you can't beat turtlers than you have no coordination and got as far as you did in that game based on luck and feeders. So they're down to their last tower and nexus and are turtling like hell? So what? If you truly are a good team and deserved to make it this far, learn to pull them out just like they're pulling you in. Attack from different sides and split up their forces. Sure, I've had plenty of TT games go 50-60 ish minutes where everyone has full builds and elixirs, but it is by no means impossible to win at this point. Use a combination of CC, burst damage, and baiting to get away from the fountain and kill them. At this point in the game, the death timers are about a minute long anyway, and as much as one death will devastate their turtling power.

This late in the game, your AD carry should be able to down the turret in a few hits. Have the tank run in and make a mess of things and take the turret blasts if needed and just let the carry nuke the tower. Hell, I've done this with an AP Cho with Lich Bane. Each time they turtle back in to heal? More free hits on buildings. And if their turret is down and it's just the nexus? It shouldn't even be a challenge.

I understand why people get frustrated, but honestly, learn to coordinate. There's a chat window and a ping system for a reason. Even in solo queue, if you made it this far you should be able to coordinate the crushing blow to their buildings. Stop whining. This is a wonderful skirmish map and I see nothing wrong with it.

VIOLENTxSHINOBI

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-04-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shishi Neko View Post
We dominated them the entire freaking game. We had lost no towers and practically manhandled them every teamfight. The main problem was that Caitlyn could shoot us FROM THE PLATFORM for massive damage and Tryndamere can't die with his ult on, which he was sure to be on the platform by time it ended.

It is a sickening map issue that needs to be looked at and fixed when there is literally NO POSSIBLE WAY to successfully strike down the nexus tower.

EDIT: For accuracy's sake, I was not solo q. This was a well-coordinated game on the parts of both teams.
If this is an issue for you often I recomend playing with a ranged AD champ on your team.

Captain Kopp

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-04-2011

i've played a 70 minute game, but ive also played an 11 minute game, and i've seen an 8 minute game sooo yeah

Eviant

11-04-2011

This game is about your skirmishing ability, which means if a Champion can do damage, they CAN fit in. Doesn't mean that they always will. Having a team of Rammus, Cho and Ashe can do well, as Rammus Peels Cho disrupts and Ashe deals heavy damage/clean up. She also has the strong initiation. The point I'm making is this is Champ dependent, yes, but Even Ashe can fit. Only ones that I can't see doing well here are supports, though you could fit them in too.

As for turtling, Ranged can force them to come out, then your tanks should keep them off while you focus tower. Thinking on your feet, like taking their nexus tower over trying to ace them, can give you the game. This reinforces the fact that towers are the main priority. If you choose to keep letting them turtle by backing off and leaving their tower intact, that is your fault, not theirs. It was you and your team's decisions that cost the game.

Zazparoni

11-07-2011

i had a game where literally we were winning so bad. i went ad udyr cause it was talking so long and i could destroy their trynd. but they had a singed and hiemerdinger who turtled the whole freaking game and we couldn't do anything about it. whenever trynd responded he ran up and destroyed a tower with his ulti. eventually no matter what they would have won. took 80 minuets.

lbgsloan

11-07-2011

I don't know about 50 minutes, but 30-40 minute games were pretty common when I still played the map. One ace past the 20 minute mark is usually game, and everybody knows it, so games tended to degenerate to a long siege outside the losing team's base hoping someone would make a mistake so the game could finally end. Mid-late game map control doesn't mean much when the stronger TT minions give so much gold. I stopped playing it once I realized those fast 15-20 minutes just never happened.

Goofy C

11-07-2011

The map is all about balance. If you choose your champions incorrectly, you will lose.
If you choose your champion without looking at what your teammates are selecting, you are not playing as a team.

If you have 3 melee DPS champs, you may crush some teams.
But may lose horribly if they have a decent ranged and/or slow/poison/ice champ.

It is "rare" (1 in 15 games?) to have 55min+ match where you have 5 legendary items (+boots), stocking up on all boosts (atleast for me). And I relish those games. Sometimes you have to temporarily sell something, buy 6 wards, place them, and rebuy item ... all depends on your strategies (got some?).

Lots of champs have big range attacks (Gangplank, Ashe?). And if you have a stocked Trydamere, he could probably solo the center turret before dying (with ult).

But yes, if you do a full team push & get aced ... Xin Zhao can take out 3 turrets & inhibitor in under 50seconds.

Plan accordingly.

Silent Hero

11-07-2011

If they start turtling just pull the waves back by not destroying anything until their two inhibitors are back up again. Eventually the team will be forced to exit their base if they want any gold/experience and that is where you get them with properly placed wards. Then you can ace them, finish off an inhibitor and the nexus. Respawn times are painfully long in TT considering how small the map is so even if you only manage to kill one person, you can press for an advantage.

The important thing is to play carefully and not get aced when you have the lead.