Who is the worst champion at dominion.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TouchinMyself

Senior Member

10-30-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weirding View Post
Hexdrinker, Abyssal Scepter, and Merc Treads are very popular items among those Dominion players who are "in the know".

The problem with Veigar is that Ryze is a very popular pick in Dominion, and Ryze just walks all over Veigar. Veigar cannot burst through all that health and resistance that Ryze builds, and Ryze just stands there and nukes the **** out of him.

I've had level 18 Veigars hit my Ryze with a Primordial Blast for 400 damage before.
Veigar is still a solid pick IMO. Those items are not as popular as you claim. Speed boots and ninja tabai are far more popular and even still his CC can stop a whole team from capping. Even if they all have merc treads mission complete.

In a game where everyone is trying to stand on a point capping it landing his CC and meteor is super easy.

Ryze does kick the **** out of him though, this is true but if veigar is ulting ryze hes just a bad veigar.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Weirding

Senior Member

10-30-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by TouchinMyself View Post
Veigar is still a solid pick IMO. Those items are not as popular as you claim. Speed boots and ninja tabai are far more popular and even still his CC can stop a whole team from capping. Even if they all have merc treads mission complete.

In a game where everyone is trying to stand on a point capping it landing his CC and meteor is super easy.

Ryze does kick the **** out of him though, this is true but if veigar is ulting ryze hes just a bad veigar.
You don't really get a choice as Veigar, though. How are you going to stop Ryze as him if you drop a Dark Matter and Baleful Strike for less than 15% of Ryze's health? Veigar has less range on his nukes than Ryze does, which allows Ryze to just burn him down hard.

Other very popular Dominion champions just give Veigar fits: Talon, Garen, Kassadin, Shaco, Nocturne, Jax, etc. He makes a decent bottom lane if left alone, but he is extremely easy to gank as he has zero escape mechanisms and no durability whatsoever.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Chingmeister

Senior Member

10-30-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by jars View Post
sivir and veigar are pretty weak on dominion

And Sivir is a hypercarry. Once the inevitable happens and she gets fed she AoE's your team down.

I normally end up #1 as Sivir, with a free win, but I am a master Sivir player.

Sivir at level 3 is the highest sustained dps carry in the game. Especially when fighting top with no minions to absorb ricochet. So Sivir destroys your team and takes top to start, and then later destroys your team anywhere and takes whatever she wants.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Weirding

Senior Member

10-30-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chingmeister View Post
And Sivir is a hypercarry. Once the inevitable happens and she gets fed she AoE's your team down.

I normally end up #1 as Sivir, with a free win, but I am a master Sivir player.

Sivir at level 3 is the highest sustained dps carry in the game. Especially when fighting top with no minions to absorb ricochet. So Sivir destroys your team and takes top to start, and then later destroys your team anywhere and takes whatever she wants.
I looked you up. You have 48 Dominion wins, which means that you are probably still playing with the less-experienced Dominion crowd.

I'm not saying that as an insult. I sincerely mean that you may be lacking an accurate Dominion experience.

Sivir is very weak here. She has few escape mechanisms and very poor range. Assassin-style champions with good burst and modest CC like Talon, Irelia, Xin Zhao, Nocturne, etc. simply tear her apart -- especially if they know how to properly draw out her weak, long-cooldown Spell Shield that provides no active benefit on a successful block beyond some mana that is not much of a problem for her in Dominion anyway.

I play Talon and Ryze quite a bit, and every time there is a Sivir on the opposing team I simply go wherever she is (be that Bottom defense or roaming/Top offense) and just destroy here. There is almost nothing she can do against those two very popular champions, and both of them can completely ignore her Spell Shield (Ryze just pops it with an Overload and nukes her down regardless).

Also, Sivir cannot accurately be termed a "hypercarry" as her steroid -- her ultimate -- is on a long cooldown and thus has a very poor up-time. To be a "hypercarry" you need to either have a powerful steroid with extreme up-time (see Kayle, Kog'maw, Graves) or have excellent scaling on abilities with very low cooldowns (see Ryze, Akali), or both (see Jax).


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Cryswar

Senior Member

10-30-2011

Garen gets hurt pretty bad by Dom's earlygame ending about five minutes into the game. He isn't unplayable by any means, but I've yet to win a game with a Garen on our team, whether built tanky or derps. No real mobility, no gap closer, all he has is easily-kited melee-range damage and decent survivability. Not that survivability is a -bad- thing, but no real mobility and no gap closers destroys him. He can't trade pokes while defending, he can't chase anyone down, he can't backdoor, he can't push worth much...

Much rather see a Rumble on the team.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TouchinMyself

Senior Member

10-30-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cryswar View Post
Garen gets hurt pretty bad by Dom's earlygame ending about five minutes into the game. He isn't unplayable by any means, but I've yet to win a game with a Garen on our team, whether built tanky or derps. No real mobility, no gap closer, all he has is easily-kited melee-range damage and decent survivability. Not that survivability is a -bad- thing, but no real mobility and no gap closers destroys him. He can't trade pokes while defending, he can't chase anyone down, he can't backdoor, he can't push worth much...

Much rather see a Rumble on the team.
Start with phage, If you are having problems with Garens early game its your own fault. I have an 80% win rate with garen on dominion.

He can push better than most champs, between FM and his Q allows him to chase any champ without an escape, his W allows him to go toe to toe with tankier champs.

FM is a MUST on garen, it fixes most of the problems you mentioned.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

PresBarackbar

Senior Member

10-30-2011

Going by what I've seen personally, Morde and Veigar haven't ever done well in a game they've been in with me. Going by what I know about the game, I would say junglers are probably at the biggest disadvantage. That doesn't mean they're all bad at Dominion, but I would imagine champs like Nunu would be pretty terrible due to the fact that he's so heavily focused on jungling.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Chingmeister

Senior Member

10-30-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weirding View Post
I looked you up. You have 48 Dominion wins, which means that you are probably still playing with the less-experienced Dominion crowd.
Maybe...but since I have a gold metal from being 1500 last season I'm pretty sure im at least in the top 20%.

I don't have a problem with assassins since teams generally seem to push and assault together at my level, and protect carries.

I can definitely see a team of all assassins being OP at lower levels where no one sticks together though...where Sivir would seem weak.

Sivir is a hyper carry because of her steroid Ricochet, not On the Hunt. On the Hunt is weak.

Ricochet at lets you start with a bonus 130% attack damage, albeit spread out, so with team protection you automatically win top to start.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Bearacolypse

Senior Member

10-30-2011

Peoples skill level regarding a champion doesn't determine how OP or UP a champion is so the phrase "they can be OP when played right" is kind of a misnomer. I think objectively (not taking player skill in account just champion kit and statistics) Orianna is the worst, if only because there are far better champions for her particular role.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Bearacolypse

Senior Member

10-30-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by TouchinMyself View Post
Veigar is still a solid pick IMO. Those items are not as popular as you claim. Speed boots and ninja tabai are far more popular and even still his CC can stop a whole team from capping. Even if they all have merc treads mission complete.

In a game where everyone is trying to stand on a point capping it landing his CC and meteor is super easy.

Ryze does kick the **** out of him though, this is true but if veigar is ulting ryze hes just a bad veigar.
Actually Hexdrinker and Mercury treads are pretty much on every team.