Who is the worst champion at dominion.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

A2ZOMG

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-04-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by DedPheonix View Post
your playing/building veigar wrong, he is pretty good in dominion. Ashe is decent, certainly not the worst. I have yet to see a Taric carry a game to victory however.
Trying to be in denial about Veigar?

Veigar is one of my mains, and I can safely say he's a bottom 5 champ in Dominion. He doesn't farm very efficiently, and he's forced into suboptimal build options due to the fact he gets raped by long cooldowns as well as a complete lack of real damage output. The only way Veigar wins in Dominion is if the other team feeds him champion kills, and one thing that hurts him a lot is he's actually not guaranteed to be able to counter another ranged AP nuker due to them not being as common options in the Dominion meta. So a lot of the time, when you pick Veigar, the game is a 4v5. When I get tired of pubstomping Dominion with actual good champions like Garen and Karthus, I take Veigar just for a challenge since I'm better than the majority of most of the randoms I meet in Dominion.

Ashe is mid tierish. She farms alright and her ultimate is utterly insane on this map and her E is actually extremely useful in a metagame that lacks wards. Plus once she hits carry status, she wrecks stuff like a ranged AD carry should.

As for the worst champion in Dominion, I'd say Nunu personally. He doesn't farm well, he has no ability canceling CC, he doesn't kill people fast without his ult, and his ult is actually pretty bad given how easily it's interrupted as well as having a ridiculously long cooldown.

Lameador

12-04-2011

There are worse champ in dominion, having said that , there are terrible champs in SR too.
But my worse vote goes to nidalee, hands down. Mordekaiser is pretty bad too, Nunu, Galio, Vladimir and Veigar are pretty close.

NetherGate

12-04-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seņor Pancho View Post
tie between taric, ashe and veigar.

taric: tenacity on the carry(s) plus the -20% healing is too much for that fairy to handle IMO.

veigar: unlike nasus and sion who can live without their respective "infinite" scaling, veigar is nothing without his AP farming. and if you send him bot to actually farm, he will get smoked by pretty much anyone.

ashe: why pick her when you can pick graves, ezreal, vayne, cait, hell even sivir... ECA has a too long CD, and there isnt much she can do against assasins like talon, akali, pantheon going straight at her with the speed shrine buff.
Also, with Viegar, I hardly use his AP scaling ability at all. If you are trying to build him based on that, then he will suck. But its not him that sucks if you are building him that way...

NetherGate

12-04-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by A2ZOMG View Post
Trying to be in denial about Veigar?

Veigar is one of my mains, and I can safely say he's a bottom 5 champ in Dominion. He doesn't farm very efficiently, and he's forced into suboptimal build options due to the fact he gets raped by long cooldowns as well as a complete lack of real damage output. The only way Veigar wins in Dominion is if the other team feeds him champion kills, and one thing that hurts him a lot is he's actually not guaranteed to be able to counter another ranged AP nuker due to them not being as common options in the Dominion meta. So a lot of the time, when you pick Veigar, the game is a 4v5. When I get tired of pubstomping Dominion with actual good champions like Garen and Karthus, I take Veigar just for a challenge since I'm better than the majority of most of the randoms I meet in Dominion.

Ashe is mid tierish. She farms alright and her ultimate is utterly insane on this map and her E is actually extremely useful in a metagame that lacks wards. Plus once she hits carry status, she wrecks stuff like a ranged AD carry should.

As for the worst champion in Dominion, I'd say Nunu personally. He doesn't farm well, he has no ability canceling CC, he doesn't kill people fast without his ult, and his ult is actually pretty bad given how easily it's interrupted as well as having a ridiculously long cooldown.
LOL, you dont know how to play Veigar in Dom bro. He is a great farmer if you build him right, and he doesnt get many kills, but tons of assists, and very few deaths. He is good solo, he is good in group... Not top tier, but almost T2.

NetherGate

12-04-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lameador View Post
There are worse champ in dominion, having said that , there are terrible champs in SR too.
But my worse vote goes to nidalee, hands down. Mordekaiser is pretty bad too, Nunu, Galio, Vladimir and Veigar are pretty close.
Nidalee isnt bad at all... depending on the composition. That being said, I cant personally rate her at a T2 because of this.

AP Nidalee hits like a truck with her spear, which has a coodown of like 5.7 seconds. Put mobility on her, and she will rarely die.

A2ZOMG

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-04-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by DedPheonix View Post
LOL, you dont know how to play Veigar in Dom bro. He is a great farmer if you build him right, and he doesnt get many kills, but tons of assists, and very few deaths. He is good solo, he is good in group... Not top tier, but almost T2.
Building Veigar right in Dominion means building basically nothing but CDR and mana regen for the most part and later if you're lucky, Deathcap. This Veigar does practically no damage without champion kills because there aren't that many minions to farm. You can only toss a stun every 12 seconds or so assuming you build max CDR, and that's pretty much all you can do unless you have an opportunity to killsteal.

I've won more games than I've lost with Veigar in Dominion because I'm a better player than most people. But it doesn't take a genius to realize that his long cooldowns, and what Veigar has to do to compensate for them are the reason why he's a bottom tier champion in Dominion. I mean look at Rammus. Rammus not only is unkillable, his two disables are only on a BASE 10 and 12 second cooldown. Furthermore he can ACE an entire team by sitting under a turret, and hitting WR, killing everyone who keeps insisting on trying to capture the point he's sitting on. And mind you his R is only on a 60 second base cooldown. Why would I ever play Veigar who has to wait for a base 16 seconds on his max rank stun, and 90-130 seconds to take off a measly quarter of someone's life with his ult? That is not tier 2, or even tier 3 worthy. Veigar is a bottom 5 champion in Dominion.

What WOULD make Veigar and many other champions viable in Dominion is if there were CDR added to the global aura of Dominion. I can easily argue that a CDR aura would do a lot more good than bad in balancing Dominion given that almost all the worst champions in Dominion are in fact bad because they suffer from long cooldowns.

ZedPower

12-04-2011

Shen is rad on Dominion. I play him almost straight AP, with Rylai's and Kindlegem (or Hextech Sweeper when appropriate) my only remotely tank items. The guy's everywhere at once, and Feint makes him deceptively hard to kill. Shields in general are spectacular in Dom, and if they're broken before they expire then they're basically better than healing. On top of that, Stand United wins games. By the time you have your Deathcap you're almost putting Tryn's ult on someone anywhere on the map, and then you're teleporting to them ready to toss a 400 damage 35% slow on a 2.7 second cooldown. (Which may not sound like much but you probably just gave over 1000 HP to a nearby friendly glass cannon so you can do the math.)

NetherGate

12-04-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by A2ZOMG View Post
Building Veigar right in Dominion means building basically nothing but CDR and mana regen for the most part and later if you're lucky, Deathcap. This Veigar does practically no damage without champion kills because there aren't that many minions to farm. You can only toss a stun every 12 seconds or so assuming you build max CDR, and that's pretty much all you can do unless you have an opportunity to killsteal.

I've won more games than I've lost with Veigar in Dominion because I'm a better player than most people. But it doesn't take a genius to realize that his long cooldowns, and what Veigar has to do to compensate for them are the reason why he's a bottom tier champion in Dominion. I mean look at Rammus. Rammus not only is unkillable, his two disables are only on a BASE 10 and 12 second cooldown. Furthermore he can ACE an entire team by sitting under a turret, and hitting WR, killing everyone who keeps insisting on trying to capture the point he's sitting on. And mind you his R is only on a 60 second base cooldown. Why would I ever play Veigar who has to wait for a base 16 seconds on his max rank stun, and 90-130 seconds to take off a measly quarter of someone's life with his ult? That is not tier 2, or even tier 3 worthy. Veigar is a bottom 5 champion in Dominion.

What WOULD make Veigar and many other champions viable in Dominion is if there were CDR added to the global aura of Dominion. I can easily argue that a CDR aura would do a lot more good than bad in balancing Dominion given that almost all the worst champions in Dominion are in fact bad because they suffer from long cooldowns.
His value is not in getting tons of kills, thats what is going over your head. He has the BEST STUN IN THE GAME. And yes, it has a somewhat longer cooldown, but if used right, you can get it off twice in a battle often. Thats enough for a semi competent team to kill at least 2 of them for FREE.

Ok then, why dont you try redefining his role in dominion as a support champ, and try building him as such? If he has to solo, he can get away easily with his stun. Level Dark Matter with top priority, and use it farm. By the time its level 3-4 it will wipe out a minion wave instantly. Dark Matter is also your main form of damage in the build I use. Yes, its harder to land, but I use it similar to Spirit Fire. I try to hit minions and the opponent in the same stroke. Sometimes I hit the opponent and do good damage, sometimes I dont, but its never wasted, because I took out a few minions too. If you time it right, you can use his stun to land a dark matter too. Dark Matter does good damage, and you can drive opponents back with it in combo with his stuns, but you are unlikely to get kills. Kills unto themselves do not rule dominion. This is why I do well with him. I also get multiple tanky support items which make veigar a nightmare in a group fight.

RealWolf M

12-04-2011

Why are people still debating this?

Its mundo

It will always be mundo

For the same reason as on SR

He is just in need of so much work

NetherGate

12-04-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZedPower View Post
Shen is rad on Dominion. I play him almost straight AP, with Rylai's and Kindlegem (or Hextech Sweeper when appropriate) my only remotely tank items. The guy's everywhere at once, and Feint makes him deceptively hard to kill. Shields in general are spectacular in Dom, and if they're broken before they expire then they're basically better than healing. On top of that, Stand United wins games. By the time you have your Deathcap you're almost putting Tryn's ult on someone anywhere on the map, and then you're teleporting to them ready to toss a 400 damage 35% slow on a 2.7 second cooldown. (Which may not sound like much but you probably just gave over 1000 HP to a nearby friendly glass cannon so you can do the math.)
I've seen a lot of bad Shen's but that doesnt mean much, other than most players have not figured out how to build and play him in dominion yet. What IS relevant is that I've seen a few players do very well with him.