Who is the worst champion at dominion.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Leborio

11-15-2011

A ton of people are saying Mundo is useless and unviable. I play Mundo although im not level 30 yet. He is kinda demolished because of the -20% healing and now that Warmog's is unavailable. And yet i somehow manage to do very well with Mundo. He is a monster in the first fight up top and can easily push the battle in your favor. Cleaver does great damage and his damage skill is really strong at level three. Not to mention the 40 magic damage per second at level 3.

KimKelley

11-15-2011

While I agree that if I were to pick up shen and play him in Dominion it would be epic fail, I also must say that you should be wary if you ever see a non-free week shen on the enemy team. The guy probably knows how to play and I've found them pretty difficult to kill when played correctly.

WindWhip

11-15-2011

Worst out of ones I've seen has always been Ashe.

Vichar

11-15-2011

Some crazy stuff in this thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chingmeister View Post
Maybe...but since I have a gold metal from being 1500 last season I'm pretty sure im at least in the top 20%.
You missed his point. His point is not about your skill but the skill level of your opponents. He is saying that your # wins suggests you are not out of a lower Elo band yet. Presumably, upon reaching higher Dominion Elo, you would begin to see opponents that know exactly how to counter Sivir.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elodin View Post
Malz is bad.

Basically playing Malz = 1 free kill every 60 seconds (CD on ult with 40% CD reduction) meh pushing and easy kills for the other team the rest of the game.
Do not discount the effect of Silence--it's one of the best CC's in the game. His pool does % based damage, which makes Malz better against health stackers (like Ryze, for example), and Malz has great lane sustain due the passive effect of the space goop. Add a little spell vamp for superior laning. It's true that Malz is partially countered by a QSS, but he's still great in teamfights due to what amounts to 3 AOE dots / nukes, and proper usage allows him to defend against multiple attackers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iseppi View Post
Everytime i see an enemy anivia, I think auto-win. Shes 8/10 defender, 1/10 attacker, 1/10 mobility, 3/10 squishy.
I don't understand why people think Anivia is that bad. Anivia excels on both point assault and point defense. As someone else pointed out, on the attack her ult covers most of the point. She can stun at long range from behind the wall at windmill. Her wall lets her cut off defenders' retreat.

On defense, I've used the wall to win games before... once I was 1v3 at bot and I walled them off from their frontal approach. They were forced to go around to another entrance but I pre-emptively blocked that one too with my ult, which slowed them down. By the time they started de-capping the game was over.

Anivia's magical damage spike is still one of the largest in the game among casters.

Elealar

11-15-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vichar View Post
SDo not discount the effect of Silence--it's one of the best CC's in the game. His pool does % based damage, which makes Malz better against health stackers (like Ryze, for example), and Malz has great lane sustain due the passive effect of the space goop. Add a little spell vamp for superior laning. It's true that Malz is partially countered by a QSS, but he's still great in teamfights due to what amounts to 3 AOE dots / nukes, and proper usage allows him to defend against multiple attackers.
While Malz is fine, Ryze isn't a health stacker, to be sure. He actually has some of the lowest Health of any remotely tanky type in the game (which, incidentally, is why he isn't really as tanky as one would expect), though Spellvamp certainly adds a bit to it. But his Core (Tear/Veil/FH/Boots) is about 8k and leaves him at 2200 HP, about equal with the average ranged DPS champs at that point. Even with Health/Level Yellows (I really like 'em on him specifically due to his high resistances and low health) we're only talking 2430 at level 18.

jars

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-15-2011

malz is the strongest pusher at bot. you can win early on against anyone thanks to voidlings. if they stack mr switching is an effective strategy since now they spent all that gold on a now useless stat.

nasus is awful. he's not a strong bot at all

nunu is a very niche pick

veigar is probably the worst. what can he do that annie can't?

Seulf

11-15-2011

I disagree with the people who have posted Vlad in this thread. A good Vlad can easily overcome the Dominion debuff. I have faced off against a couple bad Vlads in Dominion, but I have also had my face drained off by a couple good ones as well. Just gotta keep the focus on survivability and hitting HARD, not so much on lifestealing to win.

Panwar

11-15-2011

The fact is that a lot of the champs that are "bad" in dominion is because of the tendency for PUG's to not support each other in the way that would normally be seen in a cohesive team.

There are a lot of champs that are extremely effective. But they need team mates to take advantage of the boons that they bring to a team. So what I have found is that some champs are just very volatile in effectiveness. Especially in a Blind Pick game. Certain champs will be almost op one game and just horrible the next game depending on the picks from the other team, as well as the players and how they support each other or synergize on your team.

MMKH

11-16-2011

I've seen some Vlads do okay in bottom lane, and a rare Mundo who did alright as a tank but he didn't do much damage. However, I must say Morde is the absolute worst champ. I've never even seen him in a bottom lane at all.

BigDaddyDelish

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-16-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by jars View Post
nasus is awful. he's not a strong bot at all
What? I've had a ton of success with Nasus bot, it's not even like it's that hard.

I absolutely freaking crushed Yorick even, and he's considered to be by far the strongest bot. Just get like a Hextech Revolver and max Spirit Fire first, go Promote/Garrison, and you are almost guaranteed to win bot.

The only characters I think are really all that weak are Mundo and Nunu