@Riot, any plans for ranked Dominion?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

MeltCat

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-04-2011

All my friends have taken to Dominion and I have to twist their arm to even play a normal on Summoner's Rift these days, any chance I'll be able to climb the ranked ladder as a team with them in Dominion anytime soon?

MeltCat

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-04-2011

Ohderp, disregard me, I was in too much of a hurry and didn't bother searching for other threads and one gets bumped right above this.

Sorry, forums!

ricklessabandon

qa analyst

12-04-2011
1 of 1 Riot Posts

yes there are plans for it, but the time frame hasn't been set.

in the meantime, i'd use normals as a good opportunity to 'skill up' before ranked hits--players had a long time to prepare for ranked classic, so they were pretty much ready to go when the ranked queues were turned on. dominion is new enough that i assume most players could benefit greatly from a couple hundred games or so. besides, i'm sure your friends would be happy to have you play with them on crystal scar.

MeltCat

12-04-2011

Thank you for the reply

I'll just keep working on the best ways to win with them for the time being then and hopefully we'll be able to succeed when the time for ranked arrives

dorsh2

12-04-2011

@Riot, any plans for naked Dominion?

DeanKeaton259

12-04-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricklessabandon View Post

in the meantime, i'd use normals as a good opportunity to 'skill up' before ranked hits--players had a long time to prepare for ranked classic, so they were pretty much ready to go when the ranked queues were turned on. dominion is new enough that i assume most players could benefit greatly from a couple hundred games or so. besides, i'm sure your friends would be happy to have you play with them on crystal scar.
I've already played over 300 dominion games. Why can't you guys just enable this? It doesn't matter if some people suck at it. Everything will get sorted out by rating and the best people will rise to the top- just like in SR.

SR has been out forever and there are still ******* who've played 300 + games stuck at 1200 or less Elo. How does waiting to release ranked change anything?

A2ZOMG

12-04-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeanKeaton259 View Post
I've already played over 300 dominion games. Why can't you guys just enable this? It doesn't matter if some people suck at it. Everything will get sorted out by rating and the best people will rise to the top- just like in SR.

SR has been out forever and there are still ******* who've played 300 + games stuck at 1200 or less Elo. How does waiting to release ranked change anything?
Yeah this.

The ONLY request I make though is that before you guys enable Dominion ranked, you consider reworking the score system for soloque by making it so that wins are worth slightly more points than losses.

As well as other things like reducing the point loss for teams that have leavers, reducing the point loss for dodging, all with the general idea that people who maintain a 50% winrate in ranked should be rewarded over time.

Lameador

12-05-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricklessabandon View Post
And why the "time frame" hasn't been set?

Para

12-05-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lameador View Post
And why the "time frame" hasn't been set?
cause the gameplay for the mode is still being tweaked. Until they feel that the meta is settled, then they can introduce. The question is when will the gameplay settle and an actual meta will be established.