Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Type_e fail

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

zäne

10-29-2011

Does anyone have any clue what the **** this is i've wasted my time uninstalling and reinstalling to no avail.

Velkorious

10-29-2011

Looks like a windows issue too. (which you saw)

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=869107

Not much we can do as far as the mac beta is concerned. Need to wait on Riot for a fix.

zäne

10-29-2011

That was a thread from August, and he said he was on a macbook..but thanks for replying =/
I just dont know what to do and its frustrating receiving no help

Boompje

Senior Wrenchmen

10-30-2011

Have you tried full reinstall?
(that includes, removing all other files in the HD -> Library and HD -> Personal folder -> Library, everything LoLrelated)? ?

zäne

10-30-2011

Yes I deleted everything I found under "league" "lol" and "riot". And tried multiple uninstalls and reinstalls. I came across a thread on the EU forums - http://euw.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=412553&page=6.
A person named slane has the same exact problem as I, right down to the part where 0.0.0.1 file is a 0.0.0.0 file. I appreciate your help and time.

Jiitzu

10-30-2011

Im also having this problem. I restarted my mac, modem, router, and still not working. I also reinstalled the game and it didn't work. I found this in a self_update.log

Quote:
( ERROR)[22:27:14.242] RADS::UserKernel::Application::SelfUpdate: CreateProcess failed.
( DEBUG)[22:27:14.242] RADS::Common::LocalFileSystem::DeleteFileA: ("E:\TG-S~2S4\TMP783.tmp&quot
( DEBUG)[22:27:14.242] RADS::Common::LocalFileSystem::DeleteFileA: ("E:\TG-S~2S4\TMP782.tmp&quot
( DEBUG)[22:27:14.243] RADS::Common::HTTPConnection::Disconnect: ()
( DEBUG)[22:27:14.243] RADS::Common::HTTPConnection::Disconnect: Closing session handle.
( DEBUG)[22:27:14.243] RADS::Common::HTTPConnection::Disconnect: Closing internet handle.
( ERROR)[22:27:14.243] RADS::UserKernel::Application::Run: SelfUpdate failed.
( DEBUG)[22:27:14.243] RADS::UserKernel::Application::Run: Returning 0x80004005
( USER)[22:27:14.243] WinMain: An error has occurred of type E_FAIL

zäne

10-30-2011

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=1397908

go to this thread and download the preinstalled version of the client.
I did that and it worked wonderfully. Just dont forget to change the server to NA because I was trying to log into the EU west server to no avail ;D

Jiitzu

10-30-2011

did you uninstall the one you had before installing the preinstalled version or just overwrite it?

Jiitzu

10-30-2011

nvm it working! thanks for your help... I was looking for a fix since last patch :\