Additional Affordable Skins Incoming!

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

BurningLynx

06-30-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by auralvampire View Post
I believe that a good suggestion on a Janna skin would be something like

Storm from X-Men
yea but there is licensing laws that would have to be addressed and that is money they would have to add to the cost of just creating and modeling said skin. understand if they did try with out consulting marvel if they investigated this game, which could happen with the quickly growing popularity of this game, some major $#!!^ could go down.

sorry for the double post

Kavashi

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-02-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by BurningLynx View Post
yea but there is licensing laws that would have to be addressed and that is money they would have to add to the cost of just creating and modeling said skin. understand if they did try with out consulting marvel if they investigated this game, which could happen with the quickly growing popularity of this game, some major $#!!^ could go down.

sorry for the double post
Ya but do you seriously think that Riot went to the creators of Mortal Kombat and tell them "We have a character named Shen that's a ninja, and would like your permission to make a yellow / blue skin for them to represent Scorpion and Sub Zero!" Or for that matter I also doubt they went to Nintendo and asked them "We have a character named Rammus who is an armadillo (or whatever) and we want to make him look exactly like bowser, and call it King Rammus!" As long as they do not have the name, or somewhat looks to the character, and they have their own complete originality, I believe they can do what they want without any copyright problems. Am I right, Riot? Or did you actually get permission from those companies?! I'm kind of interested, but I thought that's how it went.

Romdeau

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-21-2010

The cake is a lie. Downvoted.

muffinsrforever

10-26-2010

greetings from the future!!!!

IS1a891f5612670b

01-09-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotChris View Post
Going forward, per suggestions from the community, Legendary skins will have:
Texture changes
Model changes

And at least one of the following additional features:
Some New Animations
Some New VO
Some New Effects
Magnificent Twisted Fate says "Hi!"

Jixson

04-06-2012

I don't like to necro threads, but it would be nice if Riot released 520 skins again at some point.

JohnnyW

04-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jixson View Post
I don't like to necro threads, but it would be nice if Riot released 520 skins again at some point.
I +1d you.