Additional Affordable Skins Incoming!

First Riot Post
1234511 ... 43
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

RiotChris

Director of Publishing

06-21-2010
1 of 7 Riot Posts

Summoners,

We have a couple pieces of good news for you. For the next release of skins, we are going to be shipping out 6 skins, all for 520 RP, including the much-anticipated French Maid Nidalee skin.

We have heard the community requests for more low-priced skin options and a more clear definition of Legendary skins. In response, we are doing a one-time release of skins at 520. Players have anticipated the release of French Maid Nidalee at prices up to 10,000 RP, but we are releasing her with the other 520 skins to start to balance the skin pricing. We are also releasing the other following skins at 520 RP:
• Caterpillar Kog’Maw
• Sonoran Kog’Maw
• Goalkeeper Blitzcrank
• Striker Ezreal
• Blast Zone Heimerdinger

Please note, we will be releasing skins at other price points in the future.

Going forward, per suggestions from the community, Legendary skins will have:
• Texture changes
• Model changes

And at least one of the following additional features:
• Some New Animations
• Some New VO
• Some New Effects

Finally, we wanted to share our plans for skins going forward. We are getting very close to meeting our goal of having a skin for each Champion. Once we reach that goal, we will move forward with creating downright awesome skins, and more player options in skin prices. To reach that second goal, we will be adding inexpensive skins for Champions that only have high-priced options, and we will be adding cooler skins for Champions that already have an inexpensive option. However, it will likely take a few months before we have multiple skins for every Champion.

We will keep listening to (rational) feedback, and we appreciate everyone who has contributed ideas and suggestions for how to improve our skin offerings (a lot of them are in this post). Please let us know if this is a step in the right direction.

- RiotChris

ddaimyo

06-21-2010

<3 Glad to hear the feedback was heard! I'm anticipating seeing what comes out of this new model. Cheers!

Also: French Maid Nidalee OM NOM NOM mine.

God Awful Stench

06-21-2010

Cool does that mean we can look forward to a new singed skin soon?

TehRichard

06-21-2010

I'm still waiting on a Teen Annie skin... but new skins for 520? If they're looking good I might just have to finally pick up some more RP...

ImmortalBrownies

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-21-2010

Sweet French Maid Nidalee coming out and nice to know that Riot heard the suggestion for the prices, am looking forward to continue spending RP

Kino Reldon

06-21-2010

I believe that Singed and Janna really need a new skin. Everyone else has one, but these two champions are at the bottom of the barrel when it comes to Skins. I have a really nice suggestion for a Janna skin, but its simple in design, and I can't really create it in an artistic way. >> << >>

Simply put, its Janna with a dark blue trench coat that has white designs that resemble the blowing of a breeze. Windy marks in the trench coat, and maybe even a few slight tears due to t being buffeted by the wind so much.

JoeBart

06-21-2010

The willingness of Riot to listen to community feedback and make adjustments is a big plus in my book.

Thank you Riot!

Nayru

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-21-2010

Ooh, maybe my feedback was listened to. Well, thanks for trying to normalize prices, it's much appreciated that you try~

And by one time release, does that mean they will be available for a short period and then never again (Like snow bunny nidalee)?

durpado

06-21-2010

Awesome job Riot <3

ddaimyo

06-21-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nayru View Post
Ooh, maybe my feedback was listened to. Well, thanks for trying to normalize prices, it's much appreciated that you try~

And by one time release, does that mean they will be available for a short period and then never again (Like snow bunny nidalee)?
I'd say yes for the World Cup themed skins.

1234511 ... 43