Garen vs Renekton

12
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DrumminQc

Member

10-29-2011

Just got in a game where i got crushed by Garen, i was Renekton. Is Renekton a Garen counter, and it's me that just sucks, or is Garen just that strong? It is not a OP thread, just a discussion...

Halp me!


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Thané

Senior Member

10-29-2011

yes, renekton is an awesome counter to everything imo lol, especially solo lane. the only champ ive run into problems against is cait, but thats usually for a duo lane.

you have to be hyper aggressive with ren. dash in over minions always, stun, dash out. if he is coming after you with the silence, and you think you might get caught, dash away, or if thats on cd, get the stun rdy before he silences, so you can still stun him even if he hits you, thus escaping the spin.

once you get his health lower, he will most likely hang out behind the minions and regen. every time your dash and q are off cd, dash over minions, and clip him with a q to stop the regen.

the key to all of this is dashing over minions, cause if you cant dash out he will just spin to win all over you. dorans shield to start, and early boots will help immensley.

same principles work really well on singed too, just avoiding the flip instead of spin

EDIT: i forgot to mention that you want to watch for his last hits too. get a melee and a stun on him every time he goes in for a last hit when you can.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

dark gaunt

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

10-29-2011

Garen is a great counter to renekton since ren uses moves to do most of his damage and garen has a great silence.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Doge Shibe

Senior Member

10-29-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by dark gaunt View Post
Garen is a great counter to renekton since ren uses moves to do most of his damage and garen has a great silence.
Not to mention garen has alot of early game damage. And when you try to harass him he's gonna spin and your stun won't do much.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Thané

Senior Member

10-29-2011

Quote:
Garen is a great counter to renekton since ren uses moves to do most of his damage and garen has a great silence.
sure, if you let him beat on you. as renekton you always want to dictate the flow of the lane, and be the aggressor, not the one getting beat on. he cant silence you when you are in and out with your moves before he can react.

i love going solo against a singed or garen top, simply because i know i can stomp them.

biggest thing to worry about is ganks, because you will be pushing the lane hard to keep your fury up.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Thané

Senior Member

10-29-2011

Quote:
Not to mention garen has alot of early game damage. And when you try to harass him he's gonna spin and your stun won't do much
i start with a dorans shield and the defense tree, so spin doesnt hurt as bad as it could, and an empowered stun is going to do a ton of damage to anyone early, and the point is to dash out before he has time to react. also, if you stun him early in his spin, you have just enough time to walk out of it and avoid the rest a lot of the time.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Doge Shibe

Senior Member

10-29-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thané View Post
i start with a dorans shield and the defense tree, so spin doesnt hurt as bad as it could, and an empowered stun is going to do a ton of damage to anyone early, and the point is to dash out before he has time to react. also, if you stun him early in his spin, you have just enough time to walk out of it and avoid the rest a lot of the time.
Empowered stun won't do much considering you're in the defense tree.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

kavinh the third

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

10-29-2011

well both of u guys are practably OP early game damage wise so i am guessing it was just luck or builds. garen's strong point is his damage reduction and insane damage off his spin early game but renekton can stun and kill the enemy 3 times in a row with his w.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Thané

Senior Member

10-29-2011

Quote:
Empowered stun won't do much considering you're in the defense tree.
full armor pen reds and quints is what makes it sting, not the tree


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Doge Shibe

Senior Member

10-29-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thané View Post
full armor pen reds and quints is what makes it sting, not the tree
Offense tree a million times better.


12