A New Champion Approaches: Kog'Maw, the Mouth of the Abyss

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Draik

06-22-2010

lol everything seems ok, his q seems like a free mandreds? (cool, but this will make this skill with mandred even more powerfull? imagin 18% of the other guys life per hit...)

also regardless of the other people opinion i think his passive is useless. no decent player will stand near his body for 4 secods is just too much time, no stun can make them stay so much there are very few situations in which this passive would help...

Sybaritic

06-22-2010

Besides, very rarely do you have a perfect game, your death gets to mean something far more than the majority of DPS heroes. Focus down kog? I think people will learn to think twice about doing that, and if he hits as hard as he looks like he's going to it's going to be a rock and a hardplace.

Also....read the freaking thread, kog GETS TO MOVE during those four seconds before he explodes, you can ram your face down their throats and go in a blaze of glory. They do NOT have to sit around near his corpse.

Movai

06-22-2010

you have to keep in mind that after hes been killed it takes 4 sec until explode so it wont be that of a protection that the other team does not want to kill you. youll have plenty time to escape after he died ( unless range is not the half map)

Echoo0o

06-22-2010

no offence, its original and all, but isnt it just a bit ******ed? O_o

ddaimyo

06-22-2010

Right you are Sybartic. If he's a ranged carry, letting him live is dangerous. But unlike Ashe or Tristrana there's a consequence to ending Kow'Maw

MFKirby

06-22-2010

Not unless they are already slowed or stunned. It takes him 4 seconds to explode, which i would think is enough time to get away, depending on the AoE. Might (and i stress might) be better if it affects buildings and is based off his max hp. it would need to do some bookoo damage to be good

ddaimyo

06-22-2010

The enemy doesn't need to be slowed because Kog'Maw moves at the same speed they do (most people run speed 2 boots) and his explosion has an AoE so he can catch someone most of the time in a team fight I'll be.

MFKirby

06-22-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sybaritic View Post
Also....read the freaking thread, kog GETS TO MOVE during those four seconds before he explodes, you can ram your face down their throats and go in a blaze of glory. They do NOT have to sit around near his corpse.
sorry, i must have missed that, what page do they tell you that? cause it's not in his description

ddaimyo

06-22-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by MFKirby View Post
sorry, i must have missed that, what page do they tell you that? cause it's not in his description
One of the Devs said it in another thread. Check the DevTracker.

Edit: might have been in this thread. I forget.
http://www.leagueoflegends.com/board...ker.php?g=Riot

MFKirby

06-22-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddaimyo View Post
One of the Devs said it in another thread. Check the DevTracker.

Edit: might have been in this thread. I forget.
http://www.leagueoflegends.com/board...ker.php?g=Riot
that is a falsehood
he doesn't move, he sits there like a corpse
the post referenced is talking about the ppl around him