A New Champion Approaches: Kog'Maw, the Mouth of the Abyss

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Rozsudek

06-22-2010

:O

After I get Twitch I'm saving up for this guy.

Unless he's free for a week.

Monty Mastini

06-22-2010

Really ugly art design on him. I'm gonna pass

Chimeray

06-22-2010

He kinda remembers me of Corki.

Sadly, his abilities aren't really... new/original/special. Except for his passive when he detonates on death.
Make more fun champions please!

flashnuke

06-22-2010

Are people blind? There are pictures up of the champ.. fix your internet

Tijoken

06-22-2010

Soooooo close to an all void team: Cho, Kass, Mal, and Kog. Just need one more riot =)

Mr Mad Cow

06-22-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tijoken View Post
Soooooo close to an all void team: Cho, Kass, Mal, and Kog. Just need one more riot =)
actually, if you read the lore, kass is against the void aka: he wants to kill anything related to it. So you can count kass out of that team. Although we do now have an entire 3v3 team of monsters! (Cho, Kog, Anivia, although anivia really wouldn't like cho or kog, but who gives a @#$%?)

DKarn

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-22-2010

Omg want how much ip kthnxbye

Basilisk1991

06-22-2010

So he's a DPS with primarily ranged skills, with a suicide bomb after death and I hope a global AoE ult (that can be spammed), NICE!

DeanKeaton259

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-22-2010

A passive that requires death is useless and counter productive. Dying shouldn't be part of any strategy... You're basically feeding the other team gold in order to use it. Every time you want to blow up it costs 300 gold or more depending on if you're on a killing streak and how many enemies assist on your death.

Remember Kayle's old passive? It required deaths to use and it blew. Look at Karthus. His passive is horrible and there's a huge outcry to have it changed. You guys really need to rethink these death passives. They're no good.

If I'm a great player and I die 1-2 times in a game, how is this passive balanced against say master yi's passive which lets him double hit every 7 attacks? Or Annie's passive which lets her stun every 5 spells? Assuming I die 1-2 times in a game, I only get to use the passive twice. On top of that, it may or may not even explode on anyone. It's honestly the worst idea I've ever heard.

ddaimyo

06-22-2010

You're looking at this passive the wrong way. Because he can chase you down and explode when he dies, the enemy is going to be wary of killing him in a team fight, or ganking him 1v1 if the fight is going to be close. This acts as deterrent in the same way Alistar's ult does. Why bother trying to kill Alistar when he's just going to escape anyway? Kog'Maw's passive will discourage the enemy from making him their first target, or else punish them if they do.