Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

A New Champion Approaches: Kog'Maw, the Mouth of the Abyss

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Availer

06-22-2010

If it's gonna be 4 sec passive, make him when eh dies he throws slowing fluid in a pretty long radius, some65% slow that way he has a chance to actually hit anything... the other guy could ofcourse cleanse/flash

Mikromiksu

06-22-2010

There's only one thing i wonder about everytime when new champ comes out;is it rly that hard to tell the price?

Lightstriker

Recruiter

06-22-2010

Quote:
Availer:
If it's gonna be 4 sec passive, make him when eh dies he throws slowing fluid in a pretty long radius, some65% slow that way he has a chance to actually hit anything... the other guy could ofcourse cleanse/flash

don't you hate it when people give balance feedback on mechanics they know very little about and numbers they know nothing about?

Purutzil

06-22-2010

Quote:
Mrkalen:
I understand Cho'Gaths ultimate is to eat people, but this guys name is Kog'Maw the MOUTH of the Abyss. Shouldnt he at least eat something?! Not to mention in the lore he eats a group of nomads!

Maybe he simply likes his food dead before he feasts upon it unlike cho'gath?

Rehero

06-22-2010

I really hope the range on the passive is large. I would also be happy if it did damage to towers...

hunkfish

06-22-2010

is it me only or others too feel that all the recent new champs' passive kinda meh?
look at malz...
look at garen...

eSPee

06-22-2010

Quote:
hunkfish:
is it me only or others too feel that all the recent new champs' passive kinda meh?
look at malz...
look at garen...
Mal'z rapes towers, Garen's is sorta like gragas' but does not require an ability to be activated.

abbot white

06-22-2010

very refreshing char its nice to have someone ugly again haha keep it up and cant wait to try this beast out

BlackLordDragonX

06-22-2010

this champ sounds like a dps but expldoing is not smt usefull for a champ that "gains range".If this ability is like kayle's , KogMaw will stay back in team battles and wont get picked off so easily but with this passive getting killed is smt you should want.So what im trying to say is that for a ranged dps champ this is practicaly useless as well as other non-tank champs.But swaping this passive to Cho'Gat on the other hand would be much more useful since he is tanking most of the time.As well as adding AP ratio to it or making ChoGat's ult stacks give bonus dmg.

Raisu

06-22-2010

Quote:
wildfire393:
Seems good besides the passive, which basically seems like a worse version of Karthus's, and will likely be equally reviled - it does nothing when you don't die. I guess it could make him an interesting initiator if the damage is high enough, and it's interesting to see if it triggers off of false deaths (GA, Zilean ult).

Q+E could make him a decent ranged carry, and depending on his AP ratios he could be an alright mage. However, odds are he'll just be good as a hybrid, since it seems that every other new champion is these days.

I believe its safe to assume that it -doesnt- trigger on false deaths.

Why? Lets look at other death passives.
Anivia - If Anivia has GA or Zilean's ult, either of those will revive, and rebirth will not trigger. Rebirth instead triggers on the True Death (Having this trigger on false deaths would make the Rebirth Ability entirely USELESS.)
Karthus - If Karthus has the same situation, Defy Death will not trigger allowing Karthus to cast spells for 8 seconds prior to being revived by GA / Zilean Ult. Instead it triggers on the True Death (Having Defy Death trigger like this, would make Karthus imbalanced as with GA/Zilean Karthus could essentially have 24 seconds in free casting time for 3 Defy Deeath Triggers in 1 true death)

Having KogMaw's passive trigger on false deaths would be imbalanced by allowing three hits of his passive in 1 true death.

Quote:
Super Zman:
While I am excited to see this guy in action, and he seems to have some great abilities, I am a bit surprised at the lack of some sort of feast/consume skill. I understand the need to differentiate champions, and giving a feast to Kog'Maw would draw undeniable comparisons to Cho'Gath. His abilities, however, don't seem to back up the lore behind him. A whole little background story is told about how a beast appears that devours everything in his path, yet, is unable to utilize this feat when in combat? Seems like he should get something along those lines.

Z.

Should be noted that some things eat by "digesting" its food prior to "eating". Note the number of acidic based skills. Thus, that explains lack of a "WRAWRGH OMNOMNOM" feasting skill.