A New Champion Approaches: Kog'Maw, the Mouth of the Abyss

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Arcanewarrior

06-21-2010

thats what i like to see purple caster minion getting owned +1 kog'maw

Granmarfunk

06-21-2010

Does madreds stack with his first ability?

Kikhan

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-21-2010

wtb more corpse explosion. I have a feeling they are gonna need to drop a second or 2 off the passive. Lawl at dying in a bush and clipping someone outside it though.

Augnbanana

06-21-2010

CoD martydom finally made its way into LoL T-T

Schn

06-21-2010

Like a gastronomic Ezreal.

PandaMonD

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-21-2010

omg i love it !!

Dreampod

06-21-2010

While I'm thrilled to see LoL getting another non-humanoid champion I think that Kog'Maw is a bit incoherent from the info we have thus far. Hopefully he will come together in play but I would rate this character fairly poorly if it were submitted in a champion creation contest.

The Bad

(1) The abilities have very little to do with the champions description and bio. He is 'the MOUTH of the abyss' and eats everything he comes across and has 0 abilities associated with biting or eating.

(2) The passive feels kinda lame. If the damage is high enough or it instantly took place on death it could be decent but it sounds highly unsatisfying as a player.

(3) Yet ANOTHER anti-tank ability. HP% damage is nice to have in the game but as a player who primarily plays tanks it is extremely frustrating to see how many of these antitank abilities are getting in. It isn't like tanks are even close to being overpowered or a major factor in important team comps.

The Good

(1) His ultimate looks awesome. It is a spammable ult with increasing mana cost which is rare in the game and lots of fun. As well it seems like it should help counter the heal and harass team comps.

(2) Seems like he can be built in a variety of different ways successfully. That makes him an excellent choice in blind pick as he can change build to counter a variety of enemy teams.

Ragefest

06-21-2010

Making his passive an instant explosion would be better. That way in 1v1 fights where the killer wins by a small margins gets killed also and in team fights it is more useful...even though dying is not a good idea at anytime.

Kymvros

06-21-2010

gonna by him on the first day he's out there

Cycrum

06-21-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Augnbanana View Post
CoD martydom finally made its way into LoL T-T
Very Uneducated thing to say my good sir

CoD wasnt the first to have it i remember alot of wc3 games have chars that do this

And Martydom is just gay . in cod