Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Rumble Build

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Lord Ryushishin

10-28-2011

I need some opinions on a Rumble build. At the moment, I am trying to use my Morde Build on him. The build is:

Sorcerer Boots
Rylai's
Randiums Omen
Force of Nature
Deathcap
Variable Item

Do you think I should stick with it or should I do something else. Trying to aim for some tankiness withot giving up on too much damage.

Also, any ideas for a skilling order?

LegendaryHobos

10-28-2011

My preferred build is
Boots+3 pots
Hextech Revolver
Merc Treads/Ninja generally, sorcerer boots when I'm rocking the lane.
Will of the Anicents
Ryjal Crystal Specter
The rest of my build tends to be depending on what I need the most. I really only build FoN against magic heavy teams, and if I build a FoN I tend to not build a Revolver (starting with health pendant). Deathcap early if I'm building as a carry, or I just build it late game. Abyssal specter is a very nice item on rumble, AP, MR, and a nasty aura.

Lord Ryushishin

10-28-2011

Also any tips to properly aim his Ulti (Mainly with Smartcast) since it seems to go crazy.

LegendaryHobos

10-28-2011

Quote:
LordKusillu:
Also any tips to properly aim his Ulti (Mainly with Smartcast) since it seems to go crazy.

Don't use smartcast, I'm pretty sure smartcast makes it too difficult to aim properly.
And the best way to aim it is to hit as many enemies as you can with it, don't use it to try to cut off enemies with it or you lose the impact damage of it, or if its a 1v1/2v1/2v2 in a lane, try to force the fight in your ulimate.

Defile

10-28-2011

try somethin else

FootFury

10-28-2011

On my build I start with dorans shield. Then build into merc treads and rylias, those two are mainly my staples. Then In mostly every game, with very limited exceptions i build into an abyssal scepter. I find that it is great on rumble. The AP gives u a nice damage boost, while the magic resist makes u tankier. But the passive is what really helps you. It reduces MR by nearby champs by 20, and that is great with Rumble since you have to get up close to them to deal your full amount of damage. After that I go Deathcap or sunfire cape, but that is really dependent on the enemy team.

Hope I helped,
Fury

KaWraith

10-29-2011

Rumble benefits incredibly from a revolver which for 900 gold more upgrades into WOTA, which will help your AP carry a bunch in team fights.
you can win a lot of battles by using your scrap shield to block some dmg, while you spell vamp your health back up, especially if you ensure your flame is hitting not only your opponent, but a bunch of minions at the same time (in an ideal solotop instance against a jungler gank 2 champion + 7 minions in the flame is 9 *35%, is 315% spell vamp from flamespitter). with your ult up, and some good positioning, you should be able to get a double kill in your lane when your ult is up (wait for the enemy jungler to gank, and then counter with ult)
i usually use abyssal and hourglass as tanky items, since the increased AP give the shield and your spell vamp more to work with. unless you are stunned, this helps you more than heavier resistances.
personally i rush wota and Aegis, then build rylais, deathcap, abyssal, and trade aegis for hourglass (or vie versa if i need AR or MR first.
against MR stacking teams with low magic dmg i get voidstaff instead of abysal (and maybe just keep aegis.

HlkT

10-29-2011

I usually go Rylais, Merc Boots, Sunfire, Abyssal as a general core. The key with his ult is predicting their path. If you know they have to run straight make them hot foot the whole way... if there is multiple enemies then cut off their retreat with it... or if a team fight is in progress drop it in the middle of them facing their only escape route... the possibilities are endless and situational as are his items... but those 4 items are almost garunteed for me. ... His ult is also a great way to gank... if they are over extending on a teammate or the like...

IrokDoom

11-01-2011

this is a valid build, it's what i used to do before i discovered the wonders of Hextech.

i usually build, hextech then get boots 1 and belt for rylais, finish off with situational boots, merc or magic pen boots after finishing rylais those 3 items it gets more situational, upgrading to WOTA never hurts or going hextech gunblade even, if i go gunblade then i get phage and either triforce or frozen mallet. a deathcap is always nice too if you can afford it. or haunted guise for the cheaper the Rod is a pretty good item, basically if you get hextech you can focus on AP and becoming nuke. or be an AP with a nice AD hit as well with regen on your attacks while you overheat and continue pummeling. or you can get your health regen and be an off tank for your team with good DPS sunfire is good for this as well as phage and one of those suggested items. if you are playing dominion it's in your interest to get the boots 3.

EXTRACR1SPY

11-01-2011

boots 3 pots, hextech revolver, finish boots, rylais, finish wota, abysmal or sunfire cape depeding on enemies, the other, rabadons