Terien, The Lost Warrior

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DanSparrow

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-28-2011

(English isn't my native language, you're warned)

Feel free to give any feedback, and report mistakes or weird stuff.

Terien, The Lost Warrior (random name, random title)

Basically, he's a melee champion able to change to weapons making him ranged (technically, he has no ult, that's more like Nidalee, but his "ult" actually has a passive). Mostly intended to carrying, chasing and killing. Good in 1v1 and 1v2, squishy in 1v4/5. With slow and some debuffs. Read the strategies to understand how could it work.

Health:. . .x [][][][].......... x
Attack:. . .x [][][][][][][].... x
Spells:. . . x [][][][].......... x
Difficulty: x [][][][][][][][].. x

Summary:
- Lore
- Appearance
- Stadistics
- Attributes
- Abilities
- Recommended build (coming soon)
- Strategies and Combos
- Quotes
- Changelog
- Thanks

============================O

Lore:

Quote:
No one knows where Terien came from. He keeps his past hidden, since mystery and secrets surround him. It's said he was born in a far away island, a dark place where people was taken as slaves by a cold-hearted group with the name of Herkarion. A group that has remained hidden for centuries. Stories tell that, in their ambition, this corrupt group caused the whole land to be destroyed, and lots of creatures to die. Their objective was to create a massive destruction system never seen before, and to rule over every living thing. It was said that, at a certain point in recent history, this group disappeared from the face of the earth, and the secret behind the system was lost. Some rumors say that it was Terion itself who broke free and finally destroyed the very few live members from this entity.

If true, Terion has been wandering around the world as a bounty hunter since then, learning the arts of Adaptation. His abilities have improved in time, making him a very skillful short and long range warrior. His speed is said to be one of the greatest, and some people think that his abilities were somehow connected to the lost system, and they fear that eventually he may come up with some kind of dangerous weanponry to add to his collection. Due to this, he's rejected from every place he goes. No one wants to face the end of their land, even when no one knows for sure if all the rumors are true. He has no home, and he's so used to wander around the world, that he has never thought about settle down anywhere.

Herkarion's unfinished project whereabout remains unknown, and there is only one living person that may know what could have happened to it, but his pride, and the rejection of the world, will never allow him to unveil the secrets of this ancient group.
Appearance:

Quote:
Hair: Brown, not too short (something like this *******http://i.imgur.com/AhxGh.png********)
Eyes: Brown
Body Type: Slim
Clothes: Long-sleeved black T-shirt, with sleeve rolled up to the elbows. Some sort of loose brown jeans and dark gray boots. He also has a pale brown sleeveless jacket.
Accesories: Dark glasses (the kind used by Neo in Matrix), and some rings in his hand fingers. Brown belt.
Equipement: One-handed sword (something like this *******http://i.imgur.com/oZOvq.jpg********), a single-barrel handgun (or something like Colt Anaconda: *******http://i.imgur.com/vPjAm.jpg********)
He uses his sword with the left hand, and the handgun with the right hand. When sword is unused, it's usually behind his back. When handgun is unused, it's on the right side of his belt. Upon changing weapon he usually draws his sword at the same time he sheathes his handgone, and vice-versa.

Frankly I'd add some drawings but I really can't draw very well, and I prefer nothng than pure cr*p lol
Stadistics:

Quote:
Damage: 53 (+3/level) (104 at lvl 18)
Health: 428 (+88/level) (1924 at lvl 18)
Mana: 235 (+34/level) (813 at lvl 18)
Speed: 310
Armor: 15 (+3.2/Level) (69.4 at lvl 18)
Magic Resist: 30 (+0/Level) (30 at lvl 18)
Health Regen: 7 (+0.72/Level) (19.24 at lvl 18)
Mana Regen: 6.65 (+0.55/Level) (16 at lvl 18)

Attack Speed: 0.641 (+2.8%/Level) (0.946 at lvl 18)
Attack Range: 125

Attributes: Melee, ranged, pusher, slow, carry
Abilities:

Quote:
Traning (innate ability)

Terion permanently gains 0.7% critical strike chance per level.

Explanation:
On every level (including lvl 1, so he basically starts with 0.7% CSC extra), Terion gets 0.7% critical strike chance permanently. That would be 7% at lvl 10, or 12.6% at level 18.
With Sword:
Quote:
(Q) Low Hit

Terien throws his sword to target's feet dealing 40/55/70/85/100 (+1 per Attack Damage) physical damage and reducing their movement speed by 20/24/28/32/36% for 2 seconds. Terien can't use Devilish Slash until the sword is picked up or 3 seconds have passed.

Cost: 60/65/70/75/80 mana
Range: 600
Cooldown: 11/10/9/8/7 seconds (3 seconds to automatically recover the sword)

Explanation:
Single target mid-ranged attack damaging the target and reducing their movement speed. Sword stucks in the ground until you pick it up or comes back to you after 3 seconds. You can't use Devilish Slash when you don't have your sword so you have to make sure you can do something else (like changing weapons).

(W) Devilish Slash

Terien slashes enemies in a cone in front of him, dealing 80/110/140/170/200 (+0.7 per bonus Attack Damage) physical damage and reducing all other abilities cooldown by 1 second. Any marked target hit by Devilish Slash gets a 20 Armor reduction for 4 seconds and mark is removed.

Cost: 50/60/70/80/90 mana
Range: 450
Cooldown: 6 seconds

Explanation:
Terien slashes in a cone damaging every enemy in front of him by 80-200 and reduces all his other abilities cooldowns by 1 second. Any marked target hit by Devilish Slash will get a 20 Armor reduction for 4 seconds removing the mark. Damage ratio is based on ALL his AD, not only bonus AD.

(E) Pride of the Wanderer

Passive: Terien Attack Damage increases by 1 with every basic attack he lands on an enemy unit. Bonus is lost upon death but remains after changing the weapon. (Max bonus: 30 Attack Damage).

Cost: None
Range: Self
Cooldown: None

Explanation:
Every time he lands a basic attack with his sword (this passive isn't active with handgun equiped), he gets 1AD. Max bonus is set at 30AD and it is lost upon death (Zilean's ult or Guardian Angel avoid you lose the bonus). You don't lose the bonus when you change to handgun, but you won't get any more bonus per hit until you change back to the sword.

(R) Adaptation(ULT)

Passive: Terien gains 15/30/45 Attack Damage. This effect is only active when sword is equipped.

Active: Terien sheathes his sword and uncovers his handgun gaining 425 range, 20% Attack Speed. Terien's ability set changes with the weapon.

Cost: 20 Mana
Cooldown: 3 seconds

Explanation:
Terien changes his sword for a handgun, gettnig 425 range and 20% ASPD, and loses extra 15-45AD given by the passive. Skillset changes to Handgun's abilities.
With Handgun:
Quote:
(Q) Mark Bullet

Terien shoots a long range magic bullet to enemy target, dealing 60/90/120/150/180 (+0.6 per Ability Power) Magic Damage and marking the target for 8 seconds.

Cost: 65/75/85/95/105 mana
Range: 850
Duration: 8 seconds
Cooldown: 11/10/9/8/7 seconds

Explanation:
Terien shoots a long range bullet dealing 60-180 magic damage. Target is marked for 8 seconds giving extra effects to some skills.

(W) Piercing bullet

Terien shoots a piercing bullet to target enemy causing them to bleed, taking 8/14/20/26/32 (+0.1 per Ability Power) (+0.3 per bonus Attack Damage) magic damage for 6 seconds and leaving a blood trail for 3 seconds. If marked, target will instantly receive extra 10/15/20/25/30 (+0.4 per Ability Power) magic damage.

Cost: 50/55/60/75/80 mana
Range: 500
Cooldown: 10/9/8/7/6 seconds

Explanation:
Terien shoots a piercing bullet to target. Target is "marked" as bleeding, and recieves 8-32 magic damage per second for 6 seconds (which means 48-192 total magic damage) and the target leaves a blood trail as he/she runs, which starts disappearing after 3 seconds and can actually be followed to trace target escape route. Damage depend on AD too because, logically, the more Attack Damage you have, the harder you hit and the worst would the wound be. If the target was marked by Mark Bullet, it will instantly get 10-30 extra magic damage. Mark IS NOT removed by this skill.

(E) Preparation

Passive: Terien will regenerate 0.2/0.4/0.6/0.8/1.0% (+0.005 per Ability Power) of his maximum mana per second while he is out of combat for more than 3 seconds. Dealing or receiving damage will instantly stop regeneration.

Cost: None
Cooldown: 3 seconds to start regenerating

Explanation:
While Terien is out of combat (3 seconds or more), he will recover 0.2-1% of his maximum mana. This means that if he has 1000 mana, he will get a 2-10 mana regen bonus (according to Preparation level) to be lost if he deals or receives damage from any source. The reason for this skills is that Terien's abilities require quite a lot of mana for a warrior.

(R) Adaptation(ULT)

Terien sheathes his handgun and brings his sword back losing 425 range, 20% Attack Speed. Terien's ability set changes with the weapon.

Cost: 20 Mana
Cooldown: 3 seconds

Explanation:
Terien changes his handgun for a sword, losing 425 range and 20% ASPD, and getting his 15-45AD passive back. Skillset changes to Sword's abilities.
Recommended build:
Quote:
Coming soon if I get some real feedback.
Strategies and Combos:

Quote:
This champion wouldn't be easy to play. Combining both ability sets and their effects may have a huge variety of results, but timing is really important.
Devilish Slash (sword) and Piercing bullet (handgun), both have extra effect if target is marked by Mark Bullet (handgun). You can do for examply a pretty good combo with:

Mark bullet > Piercing bullet > Adaptation (change to swrod) > basic attack > Devilish Slash > Low Hit (which can be also don as Low Hit > Devilish Slash)

That way, you mark the target and deal 60-180 magic damage, then Piercing bullet deals 10-30 more magic damage and causes bleed, which means 8-32 (48-192) magic damage over time. then you change weapon, getting 15-45 extra AD and make some basic attacks to wait for CDs to recover (3-4 seconds at most by that time), and then Devilish Slash to add 80-200 physical damage and lower Armor and Low Hit to lower Movement Speed, adding 40-100 physical damage. Or you may want to slow it first, probably losing the chance to lower armor, but improving the chance to chase it if enemy escapes.

This would mean basic 180-510 damage, plus 48-192 over time, that without any equipement. Of course you'd have to consider AP/AD ratios depending on the equip.

Terien's low cooldowns would allow players to choose the way they want to use their skills, but it requires quite a lot practice to learn what do you gain and lose with every skills, and what effects should you use first. Abilitiies order and timing are VERY important with Terien. If you play it the right way, you may be able to kill 1 or 2 champions in a row, not letting any of them escape, but if you don't, you'd waste 50% of your skill effects and probably feed.

You have to consider that you lose Adaptation's passive (15/30/45AD) when you change to handgun. You still keep your Pride of the Wanderer bonus, but if you didn't max it, you won't be able to do it with your handgun. Also, if you play with your sword you will get of course more range (reaching the quite normal 550 range) and some Attack Speed, which may actually help you kill your enemies while chasing them.
Quotes (completely random, no idea if there's something similar):
Quote:
Selection:
"Warrior need Adaptation to survive."

Moving/Attacking:
"Go on."
"Let's find them!"
"My power will prevail."
"If I can't get you, my bullets will!"
"My sword will cut you down!"
"Are you lost? let my bullet find you."

Taunt:
"My sword and my gun have something in common. They can both kill you."

Joke:
"I want a shotgun but my hands are full."

Still haven't thought about a dance or something else
Changelog:
Quote:
2011:
October 28th:

- Initial release
- Changed innate, now instead of increasing critical strike chance on every Adaptation use, it increases per level.
Thanks to:
Quote:
Katsuni: good advice about innate ability

Katsuni

10-28-2011

Thanks for posting something full and detailed with some interesting ideas.

I'm feeling a little light-headed at the moment, so consider this a placeholder for a full review later.

There are some issues with it, but nothing too bad that can't be fixed.

To give yeu something to start with though, his passive essentially doesn't work at all until level 6, and considering how often he'll likely change between weapons, it's unlikely that it wouldn't be triggered almost every 60 seconds. As such, it may be better to just change it so that it's a flat crit % bonus, either based on his level, adding in set intervals of time, or move the crit into his ultimate. Examples:0.75% crit per level (13.5% total, very close to whot yeu have now), +1% per 3 minutes of game time (average 30 minute game would be +10% crit, but would become more useful in longer games, which seems appropriate for a carry), or 4% per ultimate level (4/8/12%).

Either way, it's a bit needlessly complex to add it in the manner which yeu have so far. It's kind of neat, but doesn't really provide any real benefit for so doing. Generally, try to avoid innate abilities which require the ultimate to be used, if possible, since then they're not really innate, they're just part of the ultimate.

Anyway, I'll give a full review later.

Also, don't worry if english isn't yeur primary language; those who speak english as their first language tend to not speak it very well either, since they learn it through conversation, rather than classroom learning, meaning the grammar, spelling, and sentence structure, tend to be more related to the slang and figures of speech they grew up with, which often don't make much sense in terms of how the language is technically supposed to be spoken. (And there are individuals like myself who can speak proper english, and just don't out of spite because I hate english as a language XD )

Yeu're still doing better on communicating yeur ideas than the vast majority of the forum, regardless, and that's the point of language in the first place.

jesseryandiaz

10-28-2011

Yeah, I think this champion is way too complicated. But I like the idea of another champion like Nidalee that can change its ability set.

DanSparrow

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-28-2011

I have added a "graphic" to the beginning, like the one you find when you see champion's info or free champ rotation images to specify health, attack, spells and difficulty, though it's quite useless lol I dunno, I just wanted to add it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katsuni View Post
Thanks for posting something full and detailed with some interesting ideas.

I'm feeling a little light-headed at the moment, so consider this a placeholder for a full review later.

There are some issues with it, but nothing too bad that can't be fixed.

To give yeu something to start with though, his passive essentially doesn't work at all until level 6, and considering how often he'll likely change between weapons, it's unlikely that it wouldn't be triggered almost every 60 seconds. As such, it may be better to just change it so that it's a flat crit % bonus, either based on his level, adding in set intervals of time, or move the crit into his ultimate. Examples:0.75% crit per level (13.5% total, very close to whot yeu have now), +1% per 3 minutes of game time (average 30 minute game would be +10% crit, but would become more useful in longer games, which seems appropriate for a carry), or 4% per ultimate level (4/8/12%).

Either way, it's a bit needlessly complex to add it in the manner which yeu have so far. It's kind of neat, but doesn't really provide any real benefit for so doing. Generally, try to avoid innate abilities which require the ultimate to be used, if possible, since then they're not really innate, they're just part of the ultimate.

Anyway, I'll give a full review later.

Also, don't worry if english isn't yeur primary language; those who speak english as their first language tend to not speak it very well either, since they learn it through conversation, rather than classroom learning, meaning the grammar, spelling, and sentence structure, tend to be more related to the slang and figures of speech they grew up with, which often don't make much sense in terms of how the language is technically supposed to be spoken. (And there are individuals like myself who can speak proper english, and just don't out of spite because I hate english as a language XD )

Yeu're still doing better on communicating yeur ideas than the vast majority of the forum, regardless, and that's the point of language in the first place.
You know, that's actually a good advice. To be frank, I reviewed that skill a lot, and I forgot the obvious, that you get your ult at level 6 lol I decided to take your advice and change it so he gains csc per level.

And I have to say that's a pretty good early-feedback, considering it was about innate ability only lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by jesseryandiaz View Post
Yeah, I think this champion is way too complicated. But I like the idea of another champion like Nidalee that can change its ability set.
Well, there are even now some real champions that can be really complicated to play. I think this game needs a champion that actually worths its cost, and specially, a champion to challenge even the best LoL players.

Katsuni

10-28-2011

Glad yeu found use for it so far.

I tend to go into rather excessive depth on reviews, typically far longer than the actual champion itself, hence why I'm waiting on doing a full review until I can think clearly on the subject. Want it to be useful and actually helpful in making the design better.

Like I said, I can see a few basic things off the top of my head already without thinking too hard, but getting it out coherently is a lil difficult right now so I'll probably just go to sleep and do the review in the morning. Anyway, shall see yeu then XD

DanSparrow

10-29-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katsuni View Post
Glad yeu found use for it so far.

I tend to go into rather excessive depth on reviews, typically far longer than the actual champion itself, hence why I'm waiting on doing a full review until I can think clearly on the subject. Want it to be useful and actually helpful in making the design better.

Like I said, I can see a few basic things off the top of my head already without thinking too hard, but getting it out coherently is a lil difficult right now so I'll probably just go to sleep and do the review in the morning. Anyway, shall see yeu then XD
Haha yeah, don't worry, whenever you can

Anyway it would be cool if some other people were so patient to check it too lol but most people don't want to read so much lol

YaKnowMe

10-30-2011

This guy sure looks complicated to play, but it seems to be interesting you should probably give more details about his past or something

DanSparrow

10-31-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by YaKnowMe View Post
This guy sure looks complicated to play, but it seems to be interesting you should probably give more details about his past or something
Hmm I'm thinking about that, but without some more feedback there's no real reason to work so hard on that lol

Anyway, I've been thinking about other champs that may be related to him or his past.

YaKnowMe

11-05-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by xDaNx View Post
Hmm I'm thinking about that, but without some more feedback there's no real reason to work so hard on that lol

Anyway, I've been thinking about other champs that may be related to him or his past.
but will ya post it anyway if you finish it? it doesnt has to be perfect to post it xDD

Vulcanös

11-05-2011

I've actually already reviewed a champion that changes weapons, it's a really common idea.
Also this is clearly based on something Enix, the sword and the gun and dressed casually in a battle.
I do like the idea, I think the only problem you're going to have if that the swapping of weapons adding new abilities, but that's not so bad really.
Also that he gains a REDICULOUS amount of ad between his ult and abilities, that adds up to a free stacked bloodthirster, which is just far too much if you actually got a bloodthirster and black cleaver or some such. So although the idea is good, you really really need to lower the numbers on these abilities. The sync is decent, but the marking seems like it would all just add up too much in the end.
So despite the abilities and everything being a very good idea, it's just the numbers, they really needed to be turned down. Some basic crunching at you're looking at a force worthy of two fed Irelia's and a Nunu ult. Aside from that, good idea man. Lets Enix up in this.

Quick suggestion though, he should totally have a long coat, down to his ankles.
And the handgun should be a revolver, because the lore that Riot has laid down for the world doesn't exactly include those kind of weapons, I think an old fashioned but giant Revolver would suit a lot better.