How to counter Kass (from a Kass player)

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

nathywathy

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-28-2011

As a Kass player, I've noticed that it's very hard to handle champs who can push really well. Kass really struggles being pushed right to his turret.
I'm guessing morde, sion, malz and morg should counter him pretty well (in lane).

Obviously having some hard cc like a stun/silence will counter him throughout the game (take soraka bot!).

Also if you're mid, ALSO CALL MIA/MISSING for Kass. Even if your sidelanes have wards, Kass can easily avoid these wards after he gets his ulti. Kass' ability to avoid wards without the cost of taking a longer route is what makes him so strong.

Another thing, when Kass does the R=>Q=>E combo (It's better to do R=>E=>Q imo but most people do RQE). Try to get your spells off on him. His Q projectile flies through the air for a sufficient enough of time to get off a spell.

If you don't have any hard cc, the only way you're going to kill him is if you bait out his ulti.

Basically:
1) Pick a champ who can push him to his turret at very early levels making it even more difficult for him to farm.
2) Pick stuns/silences
3) Call mia/missing whenever Kass leaves his lane
4) When he goes for his RQE combo, try to get as many spells off on him
5) Bait out his ulti if going for a kill.

Kaoculus

10-28-2011

the reason that sivir does well vs kass lol

SMD 7night

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

10-28-2011

lanewick is also a hard counter to kass

Erebos

10-28-2011

Buy a Banshees... done.

WhiteyBOM

10-28-2011

I hate playing against Kass, he's my number one hated champ to play against. I'll try the pushing thing...though it's hard as mid when they have a jungler. Thanks for the tip!

Captain Odysseus

10-28-2011

arent u missing something?
CC AND PINKWARD NUB

Reeses13

10-28-2011

Just curious, why is R-->E-->Q "better" than R-->Q-->E?

IMLOwl

10-28-2011

Kassadin's biggest weakness imo is farming. He's an abysmal farmer since he's melee and the cost of his Q makes it bad to last hit with. Because he's a terrible farmer, he has trouble clearing minions against his tower when being pushed. He also lacks the one-combo burst that Annie, Brand, etc have, so people with sustain can outlast him. Finally, assassins that burst more than him pre-level 6.

Weaknesses:
-Characters than can outfarm him so much they become more dangerous
-Pushing characters than can farm a wave and retreat
-Heavy sustain (Fiddle, etc)
-Spell shields
-Other strong assassins (Talon comes to mind, specifically)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reeses13 View Post
Just curious, why is R-->W-->Q "better" than R-->Q-->W?
It's not. You should always lead with Q to prevent them from flashing away or using their burst combo in retaliation.

Q->R->E or R->Q->E (W is Nether Blade, only useful in chasing)

Vixanys

10-28-2011

Morg Black Shield the silence. Cass ult before Silence into an ignite, Pool (after silence unless you are quick) fang to death. Sion Shield > Stun (have to be quick).

Viribe

10-28-2011

pick someone, u beat kass his laning is prolly one of the worst in the game