Dominion Major changes in the works: info inside!

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

VitaminZ99

10-27-2011

Also for what the feedback is worth, comebacks are one of my favourite parts of Dominion; in SR you can usually guess if you'll win or lose 1/3 of the way in; not so in Dominion. I do think the respawn timer adjustments are pretty overboard as it stands though; I'd like to see them scaled back but not eliminated.

Morello

Lead Designer

10-27-2011
2 of 5 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by McBanus View Post
Also for what the feedback is worth, comebacks are one of my favourite parts of Dominion; in SR you can usually guess if you'll win or lose 1/3 of the way in; not so in Dominion. I do think the respawn timer adjustments are pretty overboard as it stands though; I'd like to see them scaled back but not eliminated.
We don't want to eliminate comebacks, but we want it to be more based on teams rallying up and playing well. Since the scoring system will still work the same fundamentally, you can always win if you still have 1 point.

Beddlam

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-27-2011

Hey Morello, this sounds great, but I have one question.

Can you explain how allowing more decisive wins helps the problem of champs that are too good in dominion? It seems like allowing these champs to gain a more drastic edge when they do well will exacerbate the problem rather than solve it.

Ralmaz

10-27-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beddlam View Post

Can you explain how allowing more decisive wins helps the problem of champs that are too good in dominion? It seems like allowing these champs to gain a more drastic edge when they do well will exacerbate the problem rather than solve it.
How? they aren't a problem early-mid, they are a problem LATE game, you shouldn't be losing to them early unless you got outplayed. If you don't have "decisive" wins like this, they WILL make a comeback 100% of the time no matter how good you did.

Jadarok

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-27-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morello View Post
* Players don't get enough "moments of glory", and don't easily see how their success can effect the game.

Progression and personal success are hallmarks of MOBA in general. In our effort to make a balanced experience strategically, we really lowered the ability for that one in twenty matches players get to experience "running away with the game"
****...I really didn't want to see snowballing comeback in Dominion. But I guess it's pretty understandable. There's been a massive campaign about comebacks and not enough 500-0 games when you're "clearly better" than the other team... Just goes to show you don't have to be right...just louder :-p

Quote:
We will be focusing systems that allow more (gold, specifically) power differential between players...

...* A few champions are way too good on Dominion

This is actually the most surface-level thing, and is fixed when we adjust with the other aforementioned systems. To summarize, this is caused by the certainty of progression, where hyper-scaling champions can reach a late game, farmed state with certainty. Addressing that will address most of the specific egregious champion issues.
I don't understand. You basically want to bring back that "I'm a fed carry look how I can make all these noobs cry and rage for the next 20min" feeling in Dominion. Won't that make the problem with hyper-scaling champions worse? How do you address this while touting a feature that, at first glance, will seem to make it a lot worse?

Morello

Lead Designer

10-27-2011
3 of 5 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beddlam View Post

Part of this will reduce the certainty of late-game, much like SR does. Late-game champs are a gamble on a great game to get ahead, and right now there's no gamble there. We'd like to make that more like SR in this sense.

Jadarok

10-27-2011

Quote:
Part of this will reduce the certainty of late-game, much like SR does. Late-game champs are a gamble on a great game to get ahead, and right now there's no gamble there. We'd like to make that more like SR in this sense.
Do you have any exact details as of yet? What's your plan? Less ambient gold gain and more gold per kill/cap?

Morello

Lead Designer

10-27-2011
4 of 5 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadarok View Post
Do you have any exact details as of yet? What's your plan? Less ambient gold gain and more gold per kill/cap?
None right now, we're testing different implementations that solve these issues. A lot of it is still in the experimental stage.

WaterD103

10-27-2011

I really would like to know what are those champs Riot feel are too good. And if I read Akali and Jax I'm going to be extremly dissapointed.
having said that I really like that you made this thread. But im sad you want to wait to "release" ranked. When Ranked is the thing that will trully show what needs to be changed. Some of your comments make me think that we can have months before we see ranked, when the most productive thing would be to put up ranked next week.

UnspunReality

10-27-2011

Quote:
None right now, we're testing different implementations that solve these issues. A lot of it is still in the experimental stage.
Does this mean stealth is pushed back again? We already had artists who didnt do simply art because of dominion. Then Shrelia left. Stealth went to Geeves according to her. Apparently now its classick. There is supposed to be the testing state, years later. And now you spring more dominion stuff on us when Eve is STILL ignored. As she usually is, because apparently no one cares for her or twitch. Im guessing Stealth is being shelved like Magma Chamber till dominion is done?

Oh, and dominion is nice. Or something. To keep on topic for this board.