Dominion Major changes in the works: info inside!

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Duskofdead

10-30-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenebrae Corvus View Post
I think I completely agree with Stabogeddon and Shira Frozenmoon. While I do think that the comeback mechanics can sometimes be a little too much they are an integral part of Dominion. I suppose that the issue is balance and not removing parts of the gameplay that define Dominion.
I'd lean towards agreeing, even though I'm sure this is precisely the phenomenon that serious minded preset 5 ranked players would call casualization; getting an early lead and keeping it without much contest 90% of the time is already what happens in Summoner's Rift, and I don't see why it should be in Dominion.

Garlic Prawn

10-30-2011

I'd like to chime in on this. We appreciate all the work that's gone into Dominion, and it would be nice to have the more skilled players rewarded(I'm not one of them by the way), but as others have stated, watch out for that slippery slope.

We don't want the game to be over after the opening windmill fight. One team turtling for 20 minutes with a huge gold advantage can't be fun for anybody.

Adanu

10-30-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garlic Prawn View Post
I'd like to chime in on this. We appreciate all the work that's gone into Dominion, and it would be nice to have the more skilled players rewarded(I'm not one of them by the way), but as others have stated, watch out for that slippery slope.

We don't want the game to be over after the opening windmill fight. One team turtling for 20 minutes with a huge gold advantage can't be fun for anybody.
Agreed. SR is already totally biased towards the first twenty minutes and the mistakes people make. Dominion is about fast paced back and forth, not a bulldozer.

Baval

10-30-2011

another thing you might consider, a unique dominion buff for each champion. Some champs might be faster and more fun with an infinite blue buff, but others (Karth for example) are just insane with it able to spam their skills with no thought involved. Some champions might require the healing nerf to be fair, but some (Mundo) are made completely useless by it. Each champ should have a unique buff/debuff that makes them fun and fast but balanced for dominion.

sizzackz

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Master Recruiter

10-30-2011

woohooo ranked dom can't wait!

BowTie

10-30-2011

Comeback mechanics are PARAMOUNT. Do NOT remove them.

If players are able to tell at half-time that the game is over, then there will be surrenders. Surrendering will ruin what we have now: a fighting spirit to come back to the top and win against all odds.

I have never seen a Surrender even attempted in Dominion. I don't ever want to see one, either.

Detrium

10-31-2011

NEW TOWER MECHANICS!

Each team Nexus have the same amount of defence power, and this energy is divided between the team captured towers. This translates to:

* The fewer towers you have the more powerful the towers are.
* The more towers you have the less powerful the towers are

The re-spawn timer is to much of an advantage late game, this would give the power back to the stronger team. It does this by eliminating the problematic "zerging" effect of short death timers, yet provides the opposing team, with less towers, a chance to capture again.

stinkeyspaz

10-31-2011

so i am hating how i always get stuck with a leaver or total **** player in dominion can someone fix this my elo is tanking because i get stuck with some noob. its seriously annoying

ElJanitore

10-31-2011

anyone think players should be rewarded for defending? Just seems like defending is important but the attackers get all the gold. Just my two cents.

I'm talking like +5 gold in addition to the +5 player skill points you get for hanging out at the tower

Rampantwolf

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-31-2011

Ambient Experience gain is going to be nerfed