Lag Spikes

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Sir Crumbs

06-20-2010

Just installed windows 7 onto my computer and ever since i have been getting random lag spieks throughout the game. It is not my connection because i am at a lan and i am only getting them. The game will freeze and then catch up with itself about 10 seconds later. If anyone has any information on how to fix would be greatly appreciated if you could post. Thank You

LiveBreatheOwn

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-20-2010

I'm having this exact same issue. It happened to me about 3 months ago then just... stopped. Now the problem is back again. It makes the game unplayable.

imfine3q

06-21-2010

same thing here.. lag never happen before patch update..
riot support blames on my upload speed... LOL

BlindSword

06-21-2010

This issue with the lag/game freeze/dc are all on Riots end. They choose to make a game that needs a bandwidth of 100kbs (which is ridiculous) I dont think they are aware of all the ppl they have made the game unplayable for by doing this. There is not 1 other game out there that needs a bandwidth of 100kbs.

All the client/server issues can fall back on Riot. They chose to make a game that needs a bandwidth of 100kbs or more. They have made the game unplayable for 1000's.

To compair LoL uses 100kbs or more and games like WoW, KO, Aion.......... use 15-40kbs. (I wonder why (cough, cough)) Until Riot opens there eyes and realizes its there fault 1000's of ppl cant play games with out issues and lowers there bandwidth, these issues will continue to happen and will continue to spread.

Postal Twinkie

Wrenchman

06-21-2010

While League of Legends does use a lot of bandwidth, the issue he is experiencing doesn't appear to be a Riot issue. If at his time of a play a system wide event the others he is on the LAN with playing would experience the issue a well.

First thing I would do would be open up your network card properties and turn off the Windows QoS(quality of service) protocol. This may improve your playability while on a LAN with others.

Oh, I will also add that systems running Windows 7 do not really like being networked with systems not running Windows 7. Its kind of a Microsoft thing, they tend to do it with all their new OS.

LiveBreatheOwn

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-21-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Postal Twinkie View Post
First thing I would do would be open up your network card properties and turn off the Windows QoS(quality of service) protocol. This may improve your playability while on a LAN with others.
Where do I go to do that?

Sir Crumbs

06-21-2010

Yeah In our LAN though theres 3 of us and only 1 of us doesn't have windows 7 and yet i am only one getting the spikes. they are termpormental though

Anxy

06-21-2010

nah, sorry but i get this issue too while at home ever since last patch.

1 sec lag sometimes 3 seconds long. :/

not on a lan, not my graphics card and not the only one.

Yeeko

06-21-2010

I had the exact same problem with the same specs as everyone so what i did was went down in graphics from very high to high to med and now i play on med graphics no shadows with fps stable and no lag try that it works for me granted it dosnt look as great but until there is a fix it has done me good

Pragz

06-21-2010

If you're getting lag spikes, it's best to do what Yeeko has done. I got a bunch while on Very High and switched down to medium and they're all gone.

How much RAM do you have on your computer?