Riven Cosplay!

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ecliptika

Recruiter

10-27-2011

Hey guys! This is my first (completed) cosplay ever. I hope you like it!

Riven, the Exile. <3

I originally planned to do Riven's Redeemed skin, but decided against it with the little amount of time I had to put towards my costume for the Harrowing Masquerade Contest. I just started a new job 3 weeks ago, and have been working full time ever since. My life has been nothing but work, sleep, and working on the costume.
(Of course, I managed to squeeze in some time for game play, since I can't go without it ;D)

I made her sword based off of the Redeemed Riven skin. I absolutely LOVE! it, and the way it turned out in the long run. I thought of doing the sword in her original skin, but I couldn't bring myself around to it.

http://i1182.photobucket.com/albums/x458/EcliptikaLoL/DSC03166.jpg

I was bummed out that I couldn't make the green shoulder pad, and the green shin pad, but I'm very pleased with the rest of the costume. I ran out of time, and I was more concerned on how the actual costume looked.
I was able to squeeze in time to create the cuisse out of foam and extra material from my costume.

http://i1182.photobucket.com/albums/x458/EcliptikaLoL/DSC03163.jpg

The wig was purchased years ago, and was originally very long. I couldn't find anything suitable to Riven's hair while digging through piles of wigs at Halloween shops and whatnot, so I attacked my wig with scissors. I was afraid to cut it any shorter than I already did, so I left it at shoulder length.
I'm so glad I didn't toss it out, like I once planned to. Since it was so long, it got very tangled up. I would of been kicking myself now if I got rid of it.

http://i1182.photobucket.com/albums/x458/EcliptikaLoL/Snapshot_20111012_6.jpg

The glove was one of the trickiest parts of the costume. I thought for days on end on how I could create it, and kept drawing blanks. While I was working on the cuisse, and had another package of foam sitting on my floor, my friend suggested that I make it out of foam. I was able to bend it, and safety pin it together, stabbing myself countless times. It's not perfectly rounded in the back, but covering it with material hides how ridiculous it actually looks!
I bought a regular brown glove so I could cover up my hand.

Before;

http://i1182.photobucket.com/albums/x458/EcliptikaLoL/DSC03156.jpg

After;

http://i1182.photobucket.com/albums/x458/EcliptikaLoL/DSC03275.jpg

I won't lie, it cut off my circulation. Wearing the glove was slightly miserable, but worth it!

I got very lucky while making this costume. I first started off with no money, and putting together little things that I could find laying around my packed apartment. Then, I got a paycheck 2 weeks into working, and over half my paycheck went into material, foam, etc. I didn't think I would of gotten a paycheck within the due date of the contest, but thankfully I did.

I also have to thank my dad's girlfriend for letting me almost break her sewing machine!

Enjoy!

Happy Harroween!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morello View Post
Excellent cosplay - Morello approves!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xypherous View Post
Amazing.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dativus View Post
Very well done. Truly awesome.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knockmaw View Post
this is AMAZING! You made the sword really well and yes I would love to see you do Redeemed Riven as well someday ; )
Quote:
Originally Posted by saintvicious View Post
Lol no tier 1 is a good thing silly
Gj on the cosplay btw
http://rog.clgaming.net/blogs/clgaming/4014-the-girls-of-league-tier-list-saintvicious-edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohmikegoodness View Post
<3 <3 <3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Riot Taco Storm View Post
Awesome job!
Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotKTGoldwolf View Post
Excellent costume - looks fantastic!
Quote:
Originally Posted by nikasaur View Post
You really rocked this costume, all the attitude and everything! It's so hard to sort through 350+ costumes when so many of them are truly amazing, it was so hard to look at every detail and even a few of my favorites didn't get in. (If you haven't seen the Monarch Kog'Maw outfit, it's an experience.)

Hopefully you can come to an event sometime and we can see this costume in person!

Thank you SO very much <3
Especially to everyone who has up voted and left such amazing comments!

ONE THOUSAND UPVOTES! <3

Edit: I didn't win the contest. I won't lie, I'm pretty upset that I'm not even in the honorable mentioning part for a chance on the summoner showcase after seeing the feedback from this thread. The fact that I've seen so many people asking about my costume really made it worth the massive struggle I went through making this cosplay. I can't stress enough how much all the thumbs up and amazing comments I got mean a lot to me. I didn't get to where I thought I would be, but I can't let that upset me as much as it has so far. Thank you summoners, you're all amazing.

Here's a link to all the print screens of comments I've seen in regards to the fact I didn't get noticed. Thank you, it really brightened up my day.

http://s1182.photobucket.com/albums/x458/EcliptikaLoL/

GeneralGenerous

10-27-2011

Seriously, where are these cute cosplay chicks that like LoL living? In urban areas or in enchanted forests? They seem difficult to locate. It's aggravating.

+1 costume. Great work.

Lol Cry More

10-27-2011

Haha my Summoner name used to be "Eclyptic"

You're like my sister, so this is disgusting.

+1

The Unorthodox

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-27-2011

That looks great! The top looks really nicely done. And the blade is pretty Badass.

...but that curtain is making me feel like I'm tripping balls.

Caerus

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-27-2011

I love riven, this is very good.

Kur0s

10-27-2011

fapfapfapfapfapfapfapfapfapfapfapfapfapfapfap

AceAllDay

10-27-2011

wow very nice job, this deserves more views!

Warscythes

10-27-2011

You actually caught her expression quite well, nice job.

Eriatarka

10-27-2011

So hot. o_o

TheScissors

10-27-2011

wow looks great good job!