Good Fiddle jungle build?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

OpTic CubeShroom

10-27-2011

I need a build to jungle with fiddlesticks

Hexapus

10-27-2011

Just build him tanky ap. So a standard Fiddle build. Get a kage's if you want a gp/5 item.

Call Mee Maybee

10-27-2011

U have 2 choices.. go tanky ap and get a rod (like brand, orianna, morg), or just go glass cannon and jump straight to hat/ hourglass..
Which you choose depends on how well you are doing and the enemy team comp. If the enemy team has a ton of cc, you will be worthless w/o a little bit of tank.

Something Snazzy

10-27-2011

Your ult requires you to be in the middle of their team for the most damage. And you want to be close to drain or they will just step out of the range. Plus, any kind of healing is always going to be better if you have armor/mr. So Fiddle, while being an AP carry, should have at least SOME defense. Typically, I go for one MR item, one HP item and one armor item. However, all AP carries need at least AA or Deathcap. No other item gives AP like those two. Each one will knock your AP up +200 when you finish em. And AP increases your drain's heal as well.

Basically, grab one item from each category. Make sure you get some mana too (i.e. don't go Rylai's, deathcap, abyssal).

Health > RoA/Rylai's
AP > Deathcap/AA
MR > Abyssal/Banshee's
Armor > Zhonya's
Boots > Sorc/Mercs (go mercs if they have a lot of CC. You wanna be able to stay near em when you ult. Ulting just to be slowed, stunned, snared, etc is worthless).

After that, it is up to you. If a team is heavy in either AP or AD, grabbing another defensive item to counter is nice. If they are tanky, grab a void staff. If you originally got an AA and want a ton of damage, grab deathcap (if you start deathcap, however, don't go for an AA. Tear takes a while to charge on Fiddle). Zhonya's is almost always required, the active is too nice with Fiddle's ult.

Abyssal gives you a nice -MR aura, which goes well with your passive but Banshee's isn't a bad option if you end up skipping AA, since it gives mana. If you do go AA, try to avoid stacking a ton of mana. Often times, AA + Rylai's is a better option than AA + RoA, just because the slow is really nice and you already solved your mana problems. Even an extra 500 mana only ends up giving you 15 AP from AA's passive, which is next to nothing for the price you pay for RoA. I really like the slow from Rylai's. While it may not seem like much, since all of Fiddle's abilities (besides fear, which... is already plenty of CC) are DoTs or AoEs. This means that the slow is reduced from 35% to 15%. However, Rylai's + ult slows everyone 15%... this means that people will struggle to get outta your ult. It literally turns your ult into a Nunu ult that cannot be interrupted (after you channel), lasts longer and does more damage. AND his silence is his longest range ability. That 15% slow may let you catch up enough to fear them. If you don't grab AA, though, then RoA is the easiest way to solve your mana problems. And AA slows your build down more than RoA.

Oh, and get armor and AP runes. Fiddle's drain has an amazing AP ratio for damage AND heal when you consider that it is per second and you will be draining jungle minions almost every second with the blue buff. I wouldn't even jungle Fiddle without AP glyphs or quints with armor seals. I always run all three plus mr pen marks.

One last thing, you do not need to finish AA right away. Wait until you get some mana first. Deathcap, though, I would rush after you finish an AP item and mostly solve your mana problems, i.e. if I'm not going for AA, I often go RoA, chainmail/negatron cloak (depending on their comp) and then Deathcap.

Vimous

10-27-2011

My first item is usually always a Zhonya's hourlgass.

I grab a doran's ring.

First trip back, lvl 1 boots and a ward. (another doran's ring if I was able to get a kill or couple assists)

Second trip, get a doran's ring if you were not able to pick up a 2nd one the first time back. (You should have 2 now) I like 2 doran's ring cause you get all the mp5 you need, decent amount of AP and HP.

When hit 1600g I grab my Needlessly Large Rod, which eventually builds into a Zhonyas Hourglass. I rush Zhonyas since by mid game there are team fights and you often find yourself intiating or being targeted when you jump into a team fight. Helps out a lot.

Every other item after that is completely situational.

Juzt

10-27-2011

Cflat DR glyphs, Armour or dodge seels, magic pen marks, flat ap or magic pen quints